[Update] Skill Pets
Thread Closed 

SKILL PETS 22/08

Brand new rewards for your skilling efforts arrive in RuneScape this week in the form of nineteen new pets that can be earned by training a wide variety of skills.

Read on for more info on how to collect them, plus a link to the latest game patches and information on our upcoming live streams.

Requirements

Free-to-play players can unlock all pets except those that require training members’ only skills.RuneScape members, of course, can unlock all of them.

Unlock each pet as a random drop when training its specific skill in the ways listed below. The higher your level in a skill the higher your chances of getting its pet.

[Image: Pet_thieving_raccoon.JPG]

Your brand-new buddies can be used as familiar overrides, complete with their own unique animations for spawning, de-spawning, attacking, defending and special attacks.

Once you have unlocked five of these skilling pets you will also unlock the fabulous new title –“Jack of Trades”. Unlocking all these skilling pets will then get you the golden title – “Jack of All Trades”

[Image: Pet_woody_firemaking_pet.JPG]

Pets and How to Unlock Them

Below is a basic list of the training methods that unlock the skill pets. For further details and considerations, you could check out Mod Shauny’s reply to this post's forum thread.

Agility – "Dojo Mojo"
  • Completing any of the following agility coursesShouturthorpe courseGnome strongholdAdvanced gnome strongholdAgility pyramidPenguin courseBarbarian outpostAdvanced barbarian outpostApe Atoll courseWilderness courseWerewolf courseBandos throne roomHefin courseDorgesh-kaanSerenity Posts
  • Note - silverhawk boots are excluded
Construction – "Baby Yaga’s House"
  • Building furniture at a furniture hotspot
  • Assembling flatpacks
Cooking – "Ramsay"
  • Cooking food
  • Brewing
Crafting – "Gemi"
  • Crafting battlestavesGlassblowingCrafting jewelleryCrafting leatherUsing a potter’s wheel
  • Using a spinning wheel
Divination – "Willow"
  • Gathering wispsConverting memories
  • Note - any products made through Divination will not count, also gathering from Divine Locations will not work
Dungeoneering - "Gordie"
  • Complete dungeons
    • The dungeoneering pet chance is adjusted to take party size into account. Doing a floor quickly on your own has about the same chance of yielding a pet as completing a five-person floor quickly.
    • Resource Dungeons will not count
    • Other skills trained while in Dungeoneering will not give a chance to gain a Skilling Pet
Farming - "Brains"
  • Checking patches
  • Planting seeds on patches
Firemaking - "Bernie"
  • Herb burnerBone burningBurning log linesBonfires
  • Inferno Adze will work.
Fishing – "Bubbles"
  • Fishing!Barbarian Fishing
  • Waterfall Fishing
Fletching – "Flo"
  • Fletching BowsStringing BowsFeathering/tipping ammo
  • Fletching headless arrows
Herblore - "Herbert"
  • Mixing a potionCleaning herbs
  • Herb burning
Hunter – "Ace"
  • TrackingBird snaringButterfly nettingImpling netting (but not impulses)Deadfall trappingBox trappingRabbit snaringNet trappingPitfall trappingFalconryMagic boxesCharm sprites
  • Catching div chronicles
Invention – "Malcolm"
  • DisassemblingSiphoning
  • Discovering blueprints
Mining – "Rocky"
  • Mining rocks
  • Lava flow mine
Runecrafting – "Rue"
  • Using altars (both normal and ZMI)
  • Going to Runespan and siphoning creatures, nodes and/or the Runesphere
Slayer - "Crabbe"
  • Killing an enemy that counts towards your current Slayer task
  • Reaper assignments
Smithing – "Smithy"
  • Smelting barsSmithing weapons/armour
  • Making the following items in the Artisan Workshop: burial armour, cannon repair, ceremonial swords, tracks
Thieving – "Ralph"
  • Regular pickpocketElf pickpocketStallsChestsPyramid Plunder
  • Note - doors are excluded from this
Woodcutting – "Woody"
  • Tree cuttingIvyLog splitting
  • Note - machete cutting is excluded from this
Please note that when you unlock a pet, the game will try to add it to you inventory, then your bank. If both are full, it will be delivered as soon as you clear space in either of those places.

[Image: Pet_runecrafting_dragon.jpg][Image: pet_thieving_raccoon_smaller.JPG][Image: Pet_invention_firefly_.jpg]

We hope you enjoy unlocking these fantastic new rewards, just remember – a skill pet is for life not just for Christmas (yeah, it’s summer, we know!)

The RuneScape Team

PATCH NOTES | 22/08
[Image: pmRHyWO.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png][Image: user1-dark.png]
Feel free to contact me any time about anything Biggrin <3 
Awesome smile Waiting to see our clan members pets smile ..

Trying to get mine too <3
Oh wow I might just try and get one! How are the "drop" rates?
(2016-08-22 13:36:24)Jerome Wrote:  Oh wow I might just try and get one! How are the "drop" rates?

apparently very rare.. but you get a higher chance for a drop the higher leveled you are
Might give me a reason to not bankstand quite so much - we'll see Wink

I'm out for most of today so I'll have to check this out later on Biggrin
[Image: GpJL.png]

[Image: GVO3.png]
This is an awesome thread! Great work! smile
(2016-08-23 03:23:00)Giuseppe Wrote:  This is an awesome thread!  Great work! smile

Thanks!!

Seeing how I am basically just afking on my second account.. I'll just be thieving from elves going for my man ralph, I'm sure i'll be getting the 84m xp for 120 before I ever get the pet.. so afk pet grind is now on Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  12/12/2016 Runescape Update! PiXeYstyx 3 3,504 2016-12-14 13:31:16
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  [Update] Children of Mah | Nautilus Pack | Thanksgiving Nick 1 2,899 2016-11-24 06:40:35
Last Post: Jerome
  The best wc method for skill week! Sir_Sparhawk 3 3,388 2016-01-28 00:18:51
Last Post: Geech
  [Update] Invasion of Falador Jay 2 3,732 2015-10-19 18:52:57
Last Post: Jay
  What is the update cycle on runeclan? Kakerrot 6 6,183 2015-10-10 18:12:15
Last Post: Shawn