Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
2 15.38%
4 - It's pretty good.
3 23.08%
3 - Not bad.
2 15.38%
2 - Could be better.
3 23.08%
1 - Not worth it.
1 7.69%
0 - Hate it.
0 0%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Christmas 2011: A Towering Feast
Thread Closed 

While there are some wizards who wish it could be Christmas every day, Sedridor isn’t one of them. He’s been tasked with organising this year’s Wizards’ Christmas Banquet: an annual gathering of RuneScape magic-users usually hosted by the Magic Guild.

Not to be outdone, Sedridor and the tower wizards have an ambitious plan to create an extra-dimensional tower dedicated solely to seasonal cheer. It’s been an administrative nightmare, though: the imps, conjured to act as waiters, are missing; animated decorations are running amok; and the eccentric goblin and troll chef duo are taking a scarily explosive approach to Christmas catering.

Lend a helping hand to decorate the tower, organise the staff and whip up a feast to challenge even the most rotund of robed bellies. As well as a chance to meet plenty of old friends from the wizarding world, there’s also a new emote to be unlocked, a wand to spread festive goodwill to other players, and a tinsel snake pet for members. You’ll also unlock a minigame, only available over the Christmas period, where you can pit parties of battle-ready snowmen against each-other in stone-cold thaumaturgical throw-downs!

To start A Towering Feast:

Speak to Wizard Sinterklaas, outside of the Wizards’ Tower, south of Draynor Village.

Requirements

There are no level requirements, and the event may be completed by both members and free players.
Members will receive a tinsel snake pet, in addition to the other rewards.

Mod Pi

In Other News...

It seems that some of the frosty creations from the Wizards’ Christmas Banquet have escaped and are roaming through the world of Gielinor. Lend the wizards a further helping hand by bringing these unruly creations under control! They may appear anywhere, at any time, so keep an eye out; they may also have some snowy surprises hidden on them!
Miners will notice some extra sheen on rocks containing ore. As well as being a shiny visual improvement in itself, this will make it easier to spot rocks that are ready to be mined.
Don’t forget: During the period of 25th of December to the 5th of January you’ll receive 500 bonus loyalty points for each day you log in!
Nex has had the following changes made, in line with player feedback:
Nex no longer attacks while performing a "siphon" attack.
The landslide loses its "climb down" option after you have descended.
The spirit cape's message about cheaper Summoning specials has been added to the spam filter.
The click area on Nex has been doubled.

Patch notes for this update: (Click to View)
nex stuff is all that interests me. cause i do that again eventually
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Nothing major, good few little updates. Looking forward to doing this event over my break!
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Recently lost interest in holiday events so I will probably not do this, but looks like a decent update. smile
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Just another event...

To me it seemed really similar to the halloween event. I think there needs to be some new ideas for seasonal events.
@iWader on Twitter.
Nex stuff and more mithril dragons per task is nice. I don't mind seasonal event, got me a tinsel snake so I'm happy smile
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
They never seem to come up with anything exciting when they do these. Essentially it's a quest where the developers are hurting for creativity because they have to stick to the same theme every year, and then it's gone forever after 2 weeks. I wish they would stop releasing these events and work on some actual game content instead.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Was an OK event. I wish the snake could have been in different colors since tinsel isn't only white. Would have loved to have sparkles be red.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
I like the emote. It's pretty creative. Lots of little puzzles too. I enjoyed it.
Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
[Image: EW4yt.gif]
Hopefully it isn't too bad.. I will probably be doing it sometime today. But I would have to agree that all of these events are getting a little bit old. :/
[Image: pmRHyWO.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png][Image: user1-dark.png]
Feel free to contact me any time about anything Biggrin <3 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christmas Loot Token sorchaflaith 0 1,879 2017-11-26 05:37:20
Last Post: sorchaflaith
  [Update] Christmas Rares Ava 2 3,277 2014-12-06 04:09:04
Last Post: Ava
  [Update] Festive Cheer - Christmas Event Ava 0 2,410 2014-12-01 17:59:59
Last Post: Ava
  Deathcon II: Halloween 2011 Shay 16 9,788 2011-10-20 02:54:04