The Evolution of Surreal ;)

The HUB 2.0!
Hey there everybody! It's been a while since I last kept you posted on what's going on with Surreal, but we've been working flat out on some really cool stuff coming up for the end of the year that will begin 2013 with a bang!

One of the coolest improvements to Surreal has come to us today, the new and improved HUB! Without any further adieu, here it is, along with some of its features.

Redesigned from the ground up
The HUB is not merely a collection of links distributed to everybody on a static page, no no. Now it is much more than that! The HUB is personalised for you! We've put together a web application that can intelligently provide you with the information you need and want, and much more reliably than before.

Bars show you how you're doing with activity, and the HUB will tell you what week we're on without a staff member needing to update it all the time.

Live SWC Leaderboard
With the completion of our first round of SWC 2013, and thanks to the help of @Wader@, we've been able to get a dynamic leaderboard going! This means there is no longer a need for us to use pesky and clunky Google docs spreadsheets, and they can be updated with ease!

[Image: 1uvaY]

Tweets & Attendance Records
It is now so much easier to check the most important attendance records of all - your own! The HUB will know exactly who you are just by being logged in to our forum, so it's easy to check your activity in a simple click smile Also, catch up with @ClanSurreal on twitter by seeing our latest updates at all times in the HUB. This will prove to be very nifty in the future!

[Image: 1uvda]

SWC & PYP
The HUB now recognises what PYP team you are in! It will display contextual information to you, rather than the same general output for everybody. Manual updating is no longer required by staff, as this system is entirely automated - meaning it will provide you with notices and links in an intelligent way, by detecting them! Tongue

[Image: 1uve5]

Remember...
This is just the tip of the iceberg. We have so much more planned, and so many more ideas to make a reality here at Surreal. I can't express how excited I am to work with the wonderful staff team we have and truly take this clan to a whole new level in the next few months.

There is plenty more to check out with the HUB, so feel free to explore, and let us know in the Feedback forum if you've found a bug or have any suggestions for improvement. We will be looking at adding more features to the HUB, this was just a matter of getting the foundations in so we can keep on building!

See you soon with more updates on SWC!!!
Laters!

P.S. Credit also goes to @Bowlinmaster@, for his activity system, which made the backbone of the HUB possible! Thanks Drew (and @Wader@)!
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Stunning, thanks a lot Jordan and Drew smile
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]
Looks excellent! <3 it, great work once again guys, you really set this clan apart from any other in Runescape.
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
damn look amazing, good work you lot.
[Image: ot3fNDv.png]
You guys never cease to amaze me
Our hub 2.0 is just epic

Thanks a lot for Drew and Wade for taking the time and making this to us.

Also I just remembered a long time ago I gave this idea to the hub http://www.clansurreal.com/board/thread-5013.html about adding something for when we are inactive, Drew said he was working on it but it isn't on the hub now.

I really think this would help
(2012-11-26 13:52:59)Kniight Lost Wrote:  You guys never cease to amaze me
Our hub 2.0 is just epic

Also I just remembered a long time ago I gave this idea to the hub http://www.clansurreal.com/board/thread-5013.html about adding something for when we are inactive, Drew said he was working on it but it isn't on the hub now.

Thanks Nicholas Biggrin Always appreciate feedback smile At the moment, if you are registered as inactive, the HUB will recognise that and tell you. Here's a screenshot of it doing so (hopefully this is what you mean):

[Image: 1uvET]
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Awesome as always Jordan. Tongue
@iWader on Twitter.
(2012-11-26 13:56:19)Downfall Wrote:  
(2012-11-26 13:52:59)Kniight Lost Wrote:  You guys never cease to amaze me
Our hub 2.0 is just epic

Thanks Nicholas Biggrin Always appreciate feedback smile At the moment, if you are registered as inactive, the HUB will recognise that and tell you. Here's a screenshot of it doing so (hopefully this is what you mean):

[Image: 1uvET]

That is what I was talking about. Since I'm not inactive I can't see this.

Thanks
My avatar displays my feelings toward this well.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Wow this is awesome! Great job guys (:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surreal's Secret Santa 2018 JeliBelski 36 17,449 2018-12-26 22:38:34
Last Post: Cava
  Surreal +8 Downfall 14 8,484 2018-10-07 11:36:16
Last Post: Nick
  A New Surreal Downfall 19 14,009 2018-05-28 07:08:15
Last Post: Jerome
  April at Surreal: Our Best Downfall 11 7,274 2018-04-03 10:27:46