Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability (Important!)

http://mashable.com/2014/04/09/heartblee...-affected/

A bug in an earlier version of OpenSSL has negatively affected the security characteristics of 1 in 3 servers globally. Check out the link above and update your passwords for the sites it suggests. Google, Yahoo and Facebook are among thousands of other affected websites - you may be vulnerable, so don't take that chance. I'd also change your RuneScape password just in case.

Stay safe! (Surreal's website was not affected by this)
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
I've gone ahead and changed any passwords that were affected. Thanks for this.
[Image: 7cDz1.png]
[Image: 5FVMQQ3.png]
thanks jordan!
Thanks Jordan!
[Image: Ninth_Legion.png]
Thanks Jordan but you forgot to mention to only change the password if the affected service has already implemented a solution. If they didn't people can still see your information and changing password won't be effective.

Edit: And if you use 2-step verification on services that provides it you should be safe since people can't access your account with only your password.
Thank you for all the info! smile
(2014-04-10 14:26:24)Kniight Lost Wrote:  Thanks Jordan but you forgot to mention to only change the password if the affected service has already implemented a solution. If they didn't people can still see your information and changing password won't be effective.

Edit: And if you use 2-step verification on services that provides it you should be safe since people can't access your account with only your password.

Right you are Nicholas. Thanks for the correction smile Yes, two-step services can assist, but in the end, all they are is a time-based code that's generated based off an encrypted key. If that encrypted key leaks, there's also no point in it existing.
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Thanks for the warning Jordan
TERRWYN: Welsh name meaning "brave fair one."

[Image: pbmJpDG.png][Image: e5juWGD.png]
[Image: 9mnl8B0.gif][Image: RnAibsa.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png]    
Skill pets since my return 4th September 2018
19th October - Bernie the Firemaking pet drop 
30th October - Brains the Farming pet drop
8th November - Malcolm the Invention pet drop
16th November - Shamini the Summoning pet drop
Thanks for the heads up man !!! smile
I'm going with that this bug is very over dramatized... but that's just me.
Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
[Image: EW4yt.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Meltdown Vulnerability Maintenance Downfall 0 1,547 2018-01-16 00:52:27
Last Post: Downfall
  Important Notice Downfall 18 14,705 2011-10-06 21:08:54
Last Post: Random Dandy