[Guide] Best Auras Article [Link]

Hey guys! As some of you know, I've been writing a few Runescape-themed articles for a gaming website over the last week or so. The first one's now live. If you have a chance, please check it out!

Top 7 Runescape Auras
Don't send me into a library without supervision unless you're prepared to file a missing persons report.
You did a great job - I really liked the article you wrote, you laced in some creative writing in there which was very nice! smile I look forward to future articles! Biggrin
[Image: GpJL.png]

[Image: GVO3.png]
Great Work!
Great article and some of it I didn't even know, Penance and Vamp aura will always be my favourite <3
wow, that was super helpful. I have been spending my points on replica armor lol
Nice article but, not trying to be that guy, I do not agree with vampyrism being most useful aura. It really depends what you do.

For high lvl bossing, berserker, maniacal and reckless are the best and nothing comes even closer. Much of the harder bosses are practically undoable without them. Those would be probably the first aura recommended to get by near everyone.

I'd say tied in 2nd would be Penance and Dark Magic.

Then I'd say In 3rd would be Joat.

Instead of reverance I'd say to put Salvation, corruption and harmony. Those are used to heal prayer while doing vyres which is a widely used method to train combat

After those I'd say accuracy auras

You could also put somewhere the farming aura for some extra herbs

And probably after all of those I'd say vampyrism. You say to use it with slayer. Most tasks done the "normal" way (killing 1-3 monsters at same time) can be done with only SS. If you want to throw some cannon and aggro pots you can do some tasks with also only ss but some of the harder tasks you'd be using a vamp scrimshaw and maybe even some defensive abilities for regenerating health. This aura is good for low lvls but you could use those points on something else on low lvls like Joat aura.

You did your research but I feel that it was lacking. I'm not trying to be the bad guy here. the article was good, but not great.

Maybe with the announcement regarding auras on runefest they will make it easier to get them on new accounts and then you can get the ones you want without being locked out of some content because of a poorly designed content by jagex.
I don't even use auras at all, and I have a ton of loyalty points, so I appreciate you taking the time to write up something like this. smile I'm sure there's always a 'perfect' way to do things, but that's the beauty of Runescape. It's an open world game, and you can do as you please. Definitely will try to work auras into my game time as much as I can, since I can see the benefits right here!

Keep it up with the guides / write ups!
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
(2018-09-21 07:59:25)Kniight Lost Wrote:  Nice article but, not trying to be that guy, I do not agree with vampyrism being most useful aura. It really depends what you do.

For high lvl bossing, berserker, maniacal and reckless are the best and nothing comes even closer. Much of the harder bosses are practically undoable without them. Those would be probably the first aura recommended to get by near everyone.

Instead of reverance I'd say to put Salvation, corruption and harmony. Those are used to heal prayer while doing vyres which is a widely used method to train combat

And probably after all of those I'd say vampyrism. You say to use it with slayer. Most tasks done the "normal" way (killing 1-3 monsters at same time) can be done with only SS. If you want to throw some cannon and aggro pots you can do some tasks with also only ss but some of the harder tasks you'd be using a vamp scrimshaw and maybe even some defensive abilities for regenerating health. This aura is good for low lvls but you could use those points on something else on low lvls like Joat aura.

You did your research but I feel that it was lacking. I'm not trying to be the bad guy here. the article was good, but not great.

Maybe with the announcement regarding auras on runefest they will make it easier to get them on new accounts and then you can get the ones you want without being locked out of some content because of a poorly designed content by jagex.

Those are some good points. The 'ranking' really isn't the main point of the article as much as which ones are good go-to's. That said, I put Vampyrism where I did not necessarily because it's the absolute strongest aura (I can see why others would be considered more strongly or deadly, etc). I put it there because it's one of the best all-purpose combat auras. It appeals a wide variety of players because it is simple yet extremely useful. Some of the other auras that are more bossing or elite-combat oriented might not appeal to as many players. As you mentioned, "it really depends what you do." 

Salvation is also an excellent aura, and I really debated about putting it in. But the list can only be so long! smile

Thanks for the feedback. Please keep it coming!
Don't send me into a library without supervision unless you're prepared to file a missing persons report.
(2018-09-21 12:40:25)JeliBelski Wrote:  
(2018-09-21 07:59:25)Kniight Lost Wrote:  Nice article but, not trying to be that guy, I do not agree with vampyrism being most useful aura. It really depends what you do.

Those are some good points. The 'ranking' really isn't the main point of the article as much as which ones are good go-to's. That said, I put Vampyrism where I did not necessarily because it's the absolute strongest aura (I can see why others would be considered more strongly or deadly, etc). I put it there because it's one of the best all-purpose combat auras. It appeals a wide variety of players because it is simple yet extremely useful. Some of the other auras that are more bossing or elite-combat oriented might not appeal to as many players. As you mentioned, "it really depends what you do." 

Salvation is also an excellent aura, and I really debated about putting it in. But the list can only be so long! smile

Thanks for the feedback. Please keep it coming!

Auras are a really important topic on runescape and one completely neglected by jagex. I really hope we will get some long term plan from runefest as they said they are discussing it. If you don't plan on doing some bossing early on and spend some loyalty points on some skilling auras then you need to wait or do a content really handicapped if you start doing it.
Auras do get overlooked. There's very little in the way of tutorials for them, and yet there are soooooo many options for them. Separating the valuable ones from the rest is really hard. But like you've said, they really do make a difference!

I think auras are a concept with a lot of potential. Hopefully we will get some feedback at runefest!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guide Runescape Best Proteans [Link] JeliBelski 5 6,777 2018-09-24 17:50:07
Last Post: Lady Spyra
  Guide Top 10 Best Runescape Foods [Link] JeliBelski 3 2,992 2018-09-23 22:44:21
Last Post: Lady Spyra