Resource Cap Points Change

I'd just like to add - ranks are just a funny symbol. Do I care about mine (organiser)? Yes of course I do, I'm competitive as are a lot of you, and I love seeing my point total go up.

I would have loved to see the cap points remain at 40 points as it's a contribution to the clan made in your own time. But even I can't deny capping has gotten faster even at the slowest possible selections. Instead, I'm glad the capping event-point has gone down, as it's simply unfair to some timezones as they are never able to make it. I won't make it a secret I would have rather seen it to be 40 points for capping and 10 bonus points for the event, but I believe the 30/20 division is a good compromise. After all, cappping DID get faster, so a point reduction isn't out of the blue entirely.

Instead, I'd rather see more meaningful fun events happen more representative of our timezone division (60% US, 30% EU, 10% AU). Those who'd rather stick to themselves will still not get kicked for inactivity, as they are still able to cap/forum post. But a better event timezone division will decrease the feeling of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). As a member of staff, I can guarantee you this is our current main point of discussion, and you should see improvement soon. If you feel like you can contribute to any change, feel free to apply as an advisor right here.
I actually thought 40 points was too little since it took me like 2 hours? to cap before.
30 seems fair to me. If there's more events in the AUS timezone that would be great, cuz, like, now it will take me longer to get to senior member lol.
(2018-10-22 09:06:04)Jerome Wrote:  I actually thought 40 points was too little since it took me like 2 hours? to cap before.
30 seems fair to me. If there's more events in the AUS timezone that would be great, cuz, like, now it will take me longer to get to senior member lol.

Out of curiosity, are you using the 50% resource cap boost available at the rock near the avatar pool?
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
(2018-10-22 10:35:12)Downfall Wrote:  
(2018-10-22 09:06:04)Jerome Wrote:  I actually thought 40 points was too little since it took me like 2 hours? to cap before.

Out of curiosity, are you using the 50% resource cap boost available at the rock near the avatar pool?

Yeah! It's much quicker now. Before the citadel overhaul though it took about 2 hours to cap.
I think it should be worth more points for capping considering the entire time I'm doing it I'm being traumatized from the fear of being eaten by our clan dragon...thing always eyes me like I'm a pork chop!!Nono   All joking aside, seems reasonable, especially since our staff do such a great job offering so many clan events to attend week after week. Appreciate all you do! Give_heart
[Image: 9pJejd6.png]                                [Image: RaJoT7W.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SWC SWC Alternative For Activity Points Lady Spyra 2 2,153 2017-06-22 10:14:17
Last Post: Acorny
  important Everything is About to Change Downfall 21 12,797 2014-12-07 07:30:27
Last Post: Nyaruko
  'Change', July 2012 Downfall 32 20,863 2012-08-14 11:59:21
Last Post: Bolivius
  Requirements Change Downfall 27 24,607 2011-01-22 07:38:15
Last Post: Pitufo