[Guide] Runescape Best Proteans [Link]

Here's another one. This one is more opinion-based, but I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/run...t-proteans
Don't send me into a library without supervision unless you're prepared to file a missing persons report.
I back you 100% on your opinions of the various proteans...
Another great article, I usually always go for hides as I had a bunch of crafting catalysts which would speed up the proteins twice as fast smile
Here I go again, please don't hate me but I do like discussing this type of thing smile

As you said, this one really depends on how far you are into the game.(Mid lvls, Maxed, Going 120/200m), so I'll just add some info that maybe you could add on the article or just to help our fellow clan members.

Protean Logs - Amazing if you have a Firemaking brawler. Protean logs+ FM Brawler + BXP from BA = 3m/hr xp. The downside, you need to do it at the wild, more precisely Mage arena bank lever. Don't ever use it for fletching, just a waste.

Cogs & memories - Totally agree with you. Completely useless

Traps - If you are maxed and planning on going to 120 or 200m, those on crystal chins are unbeatable, you can get 2.7~2.8m xp/hr while afking on DXPW. Worst part is finding a free world during DXPW.

Planks - They are nice since you can save money. But if you use monkey butler, you need to be near tick perfect to have some downtime between doing construction and waiting for the butler to come back with your planks.

Hides & Bars - Great if you are not maxed. Smithing can be expensive when not doing rune 2h/legs. Same goes to crafting.
The nice thing about proteans is that they're so simple, and as you've mentioned, you can add extra tools to make them even better! But we can forget cogs and memories even exist they're so trashy haha.

The simplest answer to which protean is best? Whichever protean helps you meet your current goal. Just hopefully your goal isn't invention or divination lol (which ironically, are two of my skills that most need work).
Don't send me into a library without supervision unless you're prepared to file a missing persons report.
Lovely written article, Beans! The only reason I always go for cogs is cause it's the only protean-able skill I have that isn't at 99 (I save them up for DXP weekend Biggrin)
[Image: GpJL.png]

[Image: GVO3.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Runescape Reflection - Are you a Happy Scaper? Aurorae Auri 17 8,531 2020-04-05 21:03:25
Last Post: Dazie
Currency Your Best Runescape RNG? Neeson 4 3,114 2019-04-18 17:41:34
Last Post: Neeson
  Old Runescape pictures Mini Kniight 1 2,589 2019-01-01 13:08:47
Last Post: Saint Kain
  Guide Runescape Fastest Ways to Make Money JeliBelski 6 4,317 2018-09-25 14:52:09
Last Post: Lady Spyra
  Guide Top 10 Best Runescape Foods [Link] JeliBelski 3 2,992 2018-09-23 22:44:21
Last Post: Lady Spyra