SWC 2019 Rules

All the rules in the world do not matter to me, I do not have the time to compete in any of them. Good luck everyone smile
(2019-01-06 19:56:15)Beccah Wrote:  
(2019-01-06 19:09:12)Jos Wrote:  
(2019-01-06 18:55:45)Downfall Wrote:  
(2019-01-06 17:01:46)Beccah Wrote:  
(2019-01-05 03:04:32)Downfall Wrote:  It’s a challenge to the current champion. So, if it comes up, the champ must finish above their nearest rival (points wise) in order to maintain their title smile

In terms of the rarity, more often than not, you will see a normal competition with no special rules. On rare occasion, one or up to three of these may roll and be added to the rules of the upcoming competition. So yes, it can be 1 of the 5, or up to 3 of the 5 if the stars align Tongue

Ah okay, that makes more sense to me now. I'm not very thrilled about the champ defence option, I was actually happy I could sit back and enjoy the crown for the season Wink
Do I understand it correctly that I could lose my cup immediately? It was hard work for 3 months in a row...
I like the other ones, though I don't really see the need for them.

Again, they'll be rare Tongue This won't be a weekly thing - so to see a champ defence round will be kinda like a 'wow' thing Tongue

'wow' but maybe we can skip rules that affect results from last year/season? (for this season)

Whether it’s rare or not doesn’t mean it’s never going to happen... at some point, someone is going to lose an achievement of 3 months of work due to someone else nolifing for 1 week. That’s not fair, and devalues the champ cup greatly. Besides if you could win the achievement in just 1 week, why bother trying to win an entire 3 month season?
If you want to add some sort of competition (which i dont think we need more of), the only fair way to do so is introduce an ‘haha i beat the swc champ’ kind of rank for that season.

The 'champ defence' challenge seems like a lot of fun and would bring a lot of excitement to the competition. I would have to agree with Beccah, though, it seems a bit OP. Only thing I could suggest is giving the member challenging the champ an extra X amount of points so that they have a better chance of winning the title to the season. That way, the champ can keep their title but will still need to work harder in making sure they'll retain it due to the challenger gaining extra points (assuming those extra points do anything; perhaps the points can be based on the current standings or match it up to the champ so that they're neck and neck).
(2019-01-07 00:30:28)Jerome Wrote:  
(2019-01-06 19:56:15)Beccah Wrote:  
(2019-01-06 19:09:12)Jos Wrote:  
(2019-01-06 18:55:45)Downfall Wrote:  
(2019-01-06 17:01:46)Beccah Wrote:  Ah okay, that makes more sense to me now. I'm not very thrilled about the champ defence option, I was actually happy I could sit back and enjoy the crown for the season Wink
Do I understand it correctly that I could lose my cup immediately? It was hard work for 3 months in a row...
I like the other ones, though I don't really see the need for them.

Again, they'll be rare Tongue This won't be a weekly thing - so to see a champ defence round will be kinda like a 'wow' thing Tongue

'wow' but maybe we can skip rules that affect results from last year/season? (for this season)

Whether it’s rare or not doesn’t mean it’s never going to happen... at some point, someone is going to lose an achievement of 3 months of work due to someone else nolifing for 1 week. That’s not fair, and devalues the champ cup greatly. Besides if you could win the achievement in just 1 week, why bother trying to win an entire 3 month season?
If you want to add some sort of competition (which i dont think we need more of), the only fair way to do so is introduce an ‘haha i beat the swc champ’ kind of rank for that season.

The 'champ defence' challenge seems like a lot of fun and would bring a lot of excitement to the competition. I would have to agree with Beccah, though, it seems a bit OP. Only thing I could suggest is giving the member challenging the champ an extra X amount of points so that they have a better chance of winning the title to the season. That way, the champ can keep their title but will still need to work harder in making sure they'll retain it due to the challenger gaining extra points (assuming those extra points do anything; perhaps the points can be based on the current standings or match it up to the champ so that they're neck and neck).

Sounds like a good compromise! smile
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.