SWC 2019 Rules

The original thread has been updated, but just to inform ya'll - here are the relevant changes to SWC for 2019. Click here to see the full info thread. Our upcoming competition will be announced shortly, along with stipulations (if any). Best of luck in 2019!

SWC '19
Rules, Information, Twists and Turns

Rule Change for 2019

In addition to randomised skills and skills that are voted for - there are a number of stipulations that may randomly occur before a competition. Before each competition starts, staff will roll a lot of 3 decisions, with any or all of them to land on the following competition stipulations:

Double Points

As described, all participants will get double skill week championship and activity points.

Champ's Choice

Regardless of the skill chosen, the SWC Champ has the opportunity to 'override' the skill chosen to any they choose.

Champ Defence

The current (ranked) Skill Week Champion must defend their championship to the person who has the most points either above or below them. If the challenger finishes the upcoming competition ahead of the current champion, the rank swaps.

200% Participation XP

Participation XP is doubled.

10 Day Competition

The competition runs for 10 days instead of 7.

Any three of these can occur at once, but this is quite a rare event that should be feared Tongue That's all for the rule changes for 2019!

Example

As an example, most competitions will roll as:

Normal | Normal | Normal

Which means, no rule changes, a normal competition.

But sometimes, you may get up to 3 of these choices above. This will get interesting smile
Wow! This is exciting! Double points will definitely give me more incentive to participate more.

I do have a question about Champ Defence (even though I'll never get it, haha).
Let's say Beccah has 500 and is defending against me who has 300 points.
In the upcoming competition I come first for 100 points and Beccah comes second for 90 points.
Total is Beccah 590 and me 400. How do you mean the rank switches?
Can’t wait!
Sounds good to me! Get me to Senior Member quicker Tongue
[Image: pmRHyWO.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png][Image: user1-dark.png]
Feel free to contact me any time about anything Biggrin <3 
(2019-01-04 01:04:13)Jerome Wrote:  Wow! This is exciting! Double points will definitely give me more incentive to participate more.

In the upcoming competition I come first for 100 points and Beccah comes second for 90 points.

I was wondering this too Tongue

Also, I don't understand the chance of these things happening. Will there be 3 out of 5 possibilities active for every SWC week? Just different combinations each time?
(2019-01-04 22:04:31)Beccah Wrote:  
(2019-01-04 01:04:13)Jerome Wrote:  Wow! This is exciting! Double points will definitely give me more incentive to participate more.

Also, I don't understand the chance of these things happening. Will there be 3 out of 5 possibilities active for every SWC week? Just different combinations each time?

It’s a challenge to the current champion. So, if it comes up, the champ must finish above their nearest rival (points wise) in order to maintain their title smile

In terms of the rarity, more often than not, you will see a normal competition with no special rules. On rare occasion, one or up to three of these may roll and be added to the rules of the upcoming competition. So yes, it can be 1 of the 5, or up to 3 of the 5 if the stars align Tongue
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
(2019-01-05 03:04:32)Downfall Wrote:  

It’s a challenge to the current champion. So, if it comes up, the champ must finish above their nearest rival (points wise) in order to maintain their title smile

In terms of the rarity, more often than not, you will see a normal competition with no special rules. On rare occasion, one or up to three of these may roll and be added to the rules of the upcoming competition. So yes, it can be 1 of the 5, or up to 3 of the 5 if the stars align Tongue

Ah okay, that makes more sense to me now. I'm not very thrilled about the champ defence option, I was actually happy I could sit back and enjoy the crown for the season Wink
Do I understand it correctly that I could lose my cup immediately? It was hard work for 3 months in a row...
I like the other ones, though I don't really see the need for them.
(2019-01-06 17:01:46)Beccah Wrote:  

Ah okay, that makes more sense to me now. I'm not very thrilled about the champ defence option, I was actually happy I could sit back and enjoy the crown for the season Wink
Do I understand it correctly that I could lose my cup immediately? It was hard work for 3 months in a row...

Again, they'll be rare Tongue This won't be a weekly thing - so to see a champ defence round will be kinda like a 'wow' thing Tongue
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
(2019-01-06 18:55:45)Downfall Wrote:  

Again, they'll be rare Tongue This won't be a weekly thing - so to see a champ defence round will be kinda like a 'wow' thing Tongue

'wow' but maybe we can skip rules that affect results from last year/season? (for this season)
(2019-01-06 19:09:12)Jos Wrote:  
(2019-01-06 18:55:45)Downfall Wrote:  
(2019-01-04 22:04:31)Beccah Wrote:  I was wondering this too Tongue

'wow' but maybe we can skip rules that affect results from last year/season? (for this season)

Whether it’s rare or not doesn’t mean it’s never going to happen... at some point, someone is going to lose an achievement of 3 months of work due to someone else nolifing for 1 week. That’s not fair, and devalues the champ cup greatly. Besides if you could win the achievement in just 1 week, why bother trying to win an entire 3 month season?
If you want to add some sort of competition (which i dont think we need more of), the only fair way to do so is introduce an ‘haha i beat the swc champ’ kind of rank for that season.