Skill Week Championship 2022

Skill Week Championship 2022

All about SWC changes

If you need some clarity about anything mentioned in this news post, please leave a reply so we can clear it up for you smile

Brand new year, brand new SWC layout!

Happy New Year! As you may recall, we released a re-evaluation form to gather your thoughts about SWC moving forward. Well, this interesting idea was mentioned by @Wader and we thought we should try it out.

The Skill Week Championship Guide has been adjusted accordingly.

What is this idea?

There will be no championship point system, and no seasons. Whoever gets 1st place will be the crowned champion until a new person ends up in 1st place. There'll still be one skill week competition each month, but with this new idea there will be 12 opportunities to become the champion smile

What changes?

1. No championship point system
  2. No seasons

What stays the same?

1. SWC will be on the second Monday of each month unless it needs to be adjusted due to DXP.
  2. The skill will be announced on Saturday.
  3. There will still be a SWC recap, but there will only be one after 6 months and one more at the end of the year, to show SWC stats like it'd normally be done in season leaderboards.
  4. Skills are divided into 4 different skill groups (Combat, Gathering, Artisan, Support) [see here].
  5. Per round there will only be the skills from ONE skill group featured for choosing. (Please see the section below in this post because we have a question about this)
  6. There will be a guaranteed 3 skills done throughout the year per skill group. As usual, there will be no repeat skills, and Summoning, Invention, and Archaeology are exempt as possibilities.
  7. All four skill groups will be done before repeating over completely two more times.
  8. There will be no back to back skill groups.

We have a question for you

We'd like to know, would you rather:
  1. Have skill selection be done by vote or picked randomly by the hat of doom?
  2. Have skill selection be done only by the hat of doom?

Please let us know in the replies!
Hat of Doom, makes it random.
Hat of Doom. More fun that way
[Image: new-game-gif.gif]
I agree, Hand of Doom
I'm fine with the randomness also!
Hat of doom works for me.
BRING ON THE DOOM!
Dume....the Force wills it...
[Image: 9pJejd6.png]                                [Image: RaJoT7W.png]
All I wanna do is hat of doom a doom doom and a boom boom, and shake my rump...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SWC Skill Selection Change Lady Spyra 2 1,310 2023-09-07 04:56:50
Last Post: Lady Spyra