Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
2 10.00%
4 - It's pretty good.
0 0%
3 - Not bad.
1 5.00%
2 - Could be better.
2 10.00%
1 - Not worth it.
1 5.00%
0 - Hate it.
12 60.00%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
2 10.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Squeal of Fortune – Extra Spins
Thread Closed 

There are new ways to earn additional, free spins through playing RuneScape:

Squeal of Fortune prizes: Tickets for two extra spins can be won as prizes on the Squeal of Fortune itself.
Monster drops: Most monsters around the world now have a rare chance of dropping a spin ticket (a single-use item that adds an extra spin to your allowance), with the exception of creatures in minigames and Dungeoneering.
Non-combat skilling activities: Any activity that can score you a Shattered Heart strange rock also has a separate, rare chance to earn an extra Squeal spin – added right on to your current spin count.
Weekly Distractions & Diversions: Each week, one of four D&Ds will give a guaranteed spin for completing a particular action within the D&D. Regular details of which D&D will earn you a weekly spin can be found on the Squeal of Fortune reward screen. The four D&Ds, and the required actions within them, are as follows:
Circus: Complete any one of the four performances: Magic, Ranged, Agility or Firemaking.
Penguin Hide and Seek: Exchange penguin points for coins or XP by speaking to Larry or Chuck.
Evil Tree: Attack the evil tree.
Shooting Star: Mine any star, and receive XP from doing so.
The Monthly D&D – Troll Invasion: Starting your first Troll Invasion attempt of the month, either as a combatant or a skiller, will earn you an extra Squeal spin.

Being a RuneScape subscriber is another great way to get more chances to win. Members get 2 free daily spins rather than just 1, and have exclusive access to the D&Ds listed above. Also, members have access to 182 great quests!

If you require more spins, or simply prefer to save some time, you can purchase various spin packages. to do this, simply click the "buy spins" button within the Squeal of Fortune interface.

Finally, soon you will also be able to earn free Squeal spins as rewards for completing any quests. The team are working hard on this feature, and we expect to be able to provide it to you before the end of April.

When you spin the Squeal of Fortune, your free, daily spins will be used first, following by the spins you earned through RuneScape gameplay. Finally, any purchased spins will always be used last. Here's an insider's tip - if you want to spin faster, just double-click the big, red button to stop the wheel early!

For further information on the Squeal of Fortune extra spins, click here to view our forum FAQ.

The RuneScape Team

In Other News

It’s no longer necessary to log out and back in to access the Squeal of Fortune interface once it’s closed. You’ll find a Squeal of Fortune button in the bottom-right corner of the game screen.

Patch notes for this update: (Click to View)
the idea of extra tickets from skilling and such is fine with me, its the whole lets sell you spins thing that gets me
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
I HATE this update, only thing good out of it is that you can get extra spins from doing skills. As much as i hate Runecrafting i'm never going to pay for more spins for lamps as most people have, i don't see why people would spend large amounts of IRL money just for a game =/
This is a travesty of an update. Jagex have gone against their own rules and legalized RWT. They are now nothing but filthy hypocrites selling out. And whats worse is according to RSC they use the stored credit info you have for P2P and doesn't have you reenter the data for buying the spins so now if you get hacked the people could just spend a ton of your cash on spins easily.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
Wrote this somewhere else.

"Apparently im one of the few people that aren't incredibly butt hurt over this update. If people want to spend cash for a chance at free stuff, let them. So they get a 99 easier than you. So what? Runescape has been getting easier for the past 10 years. Now you just have to pay for it.

I know people in other games that have spent thousands to make their character better. Half the rewards on SoF are junk. And getting one wont ruin the economy. Say I get a spectral shield. I dont currently own one. I also think its useless. So i wont be selling one back to the GE, and my new one will sit in my bank.

So Jagex wants to make a quick buck. Cry about it. Someone tell me the last time a business didnt make any money, and was a huge success.

Have a nice day. "

This is basically the best update since removing F2P from the highscores. smile
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
(2012-04-03 01:31:44)l Zephyr l Wrote:  So Jagex wants to make a quick buck. Cry about it. Someone tell me the last time a business didnt make any money, and was a huge success.

United Way.

1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
Nice to see you can buy your xp now lol
(2012-04-03 01:35:51)ReturnFate Wrote:  
(2012-04-03 01:31:44)l Zephyr l Wrote:  So Jagex wants to make a quick buck. Cry about it. Someone tell me the last time a business didnt make any money, and was a huge success.

United Way.

They get donations.

[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Not a fan of this update because of the whole buying XP thing.
I do not really care for myself, I dont mind if someone wants to spend thousands of dollars for a free 99. I just do not like to see Jagex heading this direction.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Probably going to get a bit of hate for this, but...

Most MMOs do this kind of thing; it doesn't really bother me in the slightest. Jagex wants a way to make a little more money, and everyone thinks it's extremely greedy. But think of it this way: you're helping to support the game and the updates that come out for the game. No one is twisting your arm to buy SoF spins. You can make your character amazing without SoF, it's been done for years before this update and they're not taking that away from anyone.

The only thing I don't really agree with is them decreasing effigy drop rate, then throwing this update out there. Why can't we have both or neither?

Oh well. I won't be buying spins, but I don't hate the update. 2/5 for me simply because we can get free spins from skilling and other things.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Answered Question about the Squeel or Wheel of Fortune. Huey 2 3,245 2012-11-03 21:16:10
Last Post: Huey
  The Squeal of Neptune Mini Kniight 14 8,996 2012-06-08 01:15:48
Last Post: Dave
  Squeal of Fortune Spins Angus 54 27,660 2012-06-05 15:43:49
Last Post: Elrydith
  Squeal of Fortune: Win More, Win Big! Mini Kniight 11 7,838 2012-05-29 14:07:34
Last Post: Random Dandy
  Spin and Win on the Squeal of Fortune! Shay 16 9,659 2012-03-02 06:53:44
Last Post: Wendy