Surreal's Secret Santa 2018

Surreal's Secret Santa

We've made a list & checked it twice...

And aside from public farting, we've found you all to be pretty nice! Since Christmas is around the corner, we're bringing back our popular holiday event: Secret Santa! From coal to new armor to silverhawk feathers, this event gives you a chance to surprise a special Surrealian with a prezzie. 

Here's how it's done: this forum topic will serve as the SIGN UP, so please let us know in the comments if you want to participate. You have until December 3rd to sign up!

When sign up closes, the Magic Hat of Doom *cough* Magic Hat of Christmas Dreams will randomly assign a recipient to each person. I will PM you who with who you'll be giving a gift to. You and I will be the only people to know, SO SHHHH KEEP IT A SECRET!

This is an unscheduled, on-your-own event, but to get activity points, you must meet the deadline of Christmas Day to give your recipient their Secret Santa gift. (Of course we'll be understanding if something comes up, but a gift by Christmas makes it fun!)

How much can I give?

It's a Christmas gift, not a bequest in your will. You don't have to give your entire net worth and break your bank. This event is to make someone's holiday a little brighter, not to show off your RS cash stack. You can be as generous as you'd like, but please don't go overboard. 1-2 mil gp is a good benchmark.

If a busy schedule in real life or level requirements makes it difficult to raise money for a gift, please contact me. We want everyone to participate, so please let us know!

How do I know what to get my Secret Santa recipient?

Want a specific present? You're more than welcome to list a few skills you are working on, or fun things you like doing around RuneScape to help give your Secret Santa some ideas (post these in your reply to this post when signing up).  

On the other hand, if you'd like to keep it more interesting, don't give any hints as to what you want. Let's see how well each Santa knows what the good little girls and boys want for Christmas. 

How do I get activity points?

While in the trade screen with your Secret Santa, take a screen shot and post it as a reply to this forum. Simple! Everyone who participates and posts the screenie receives both their gift and 40 activity points.
I want to participate!

My wishlist:
1. Socks
2. Tie
3. 3rd age melee set

If you can’t get your hands on any of these items, please surprise me Wub
in
I'm in, too. Biggrin

Next up for me in 'Scape is to work on Slayer, Attack, Def, Magic, and Strength. So any food, potions, or anything that you think would help me slay or boss would be awesome!

Someone gave me charcoal last time. Not to set the bar too high or anything. Wink
Don't send me into a library without supervision unless you're prepared to file a missing persons report.
pick me pick me!!! Biggrin with the smithing update looming coal might not be that bad Tongue Looking forward to this, always a fun event!! smile
[Image: 9pJejd6.png]                                [Image: RaJoT7W.png]
I would like to participate in this please smile
[Image: a14l.jpg]
I'd like to participate, and message me quick about it also Jelli.
If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all.
I'm in for sure!

These days I'm mostly working on Lux Fortis. She's doing all kinds of different things and I'm always glad to find excuses to focus on certain things, so just look up her stats and see what area you think she should be improving on, and style your gift in a way that would help her improve in that area!

If that doesn't tickle your pickle I'm always eager to improve on my fashionscape game so stylish items are always appriciated.
"Get going, Simon. Just don't be distracted by the what-ifs, should-haves, and if-onlies.
The one path you choose yourself, that is the truth of your universe."
[Image: rex_advenes_p1.png]
I'm in!

no hints as that just makes it more fun, though jos idea of socks and a double sided tie sounds pretty festive!
[Image: laupdo63aa2.png]
sounds like fun!!! Should you get me, I have no real wish list, other than top end armor/weaps. Since its unlikely anyone is giving that away, I eagerly await the surprise!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surreal +8 Downfall 14 8,199 2018-10-07 11:36:16
Last Post: Nick
  A New Surreal Downfall 19 13,627 2018-05-28 07:08:15
Last Post: Jerome
  April at Surreal: Our Best Downfall 11 7,066 2018-04-03 10:27:46
Last Post: Downfall
  Surreal Revealed Revived Jerome 14 7,605 2017-04-18 16:38:30
Last Post: Lady Spyra
  Annual Surreal Awards 2016: The winners ChangingLane 12 6,868 2017-01-16 09:41:56
Last Post: ChangingLane