Surreal Forums
How did you choose your RS name? - Printable Version

+- Surreal Forums (https://board.clansurreal.com)
+-- Forum: RuneScape (https://board.clansurreal.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: RuneScape Discussion (https://board.clansurreal.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: How did you choose your RS name? (/thread-20.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: How did you choose your RS name? - Jiri - 2012-01-10

Some friends in school told me about the game and the things you could do (after playing myself I actually noticed that all they had done was tutorial island, they where talking like they completed the whole game haha). One of those things where magic and it quite interested me so I wanted to be a mage.

When I wanted to create my account I did not have any idea how to name my account, I didn't really have an online nickname or something as it was my first MMORPG. I was trying stuff like 'Magician', 'Mage', 'Spellcaster' but all of them where taken, so I googled for more 'magic' names and found Necromancer. It sounded very cool and I was very sure it wasn't taken (my English was very bad back then, had no idea it was a well known word). But obviously it was taken and I was getting sick of spending soo much time on a stupid name so I just went with Necromancer1.

At lvl 65 I got hacked, still no idea how but as it was 6 years ago it was probarly me being stupid. I still had the account but all my stuff was gone (my Rune (t) I spent soo long on getting it! Sad ) but I was afraid that the account would get hacked again so I made a new account. I hated the 1 in my name so I tried Necro wich was also unaviable, after that I tried Nec because I wanted something short and powerful, and it was aviable!

So that's how I got my name, probarly won't change it unless 'Jiri' or 'Necromancer' becomes aviable

RE: How did you choose your RS name? - Nick - 2012-01-10

My original name Sdk Loyal was because a friend of mine was a member of the Sacred Dragon Knights, or something like that. So when I made this account I was thinking about learning to pk and join that clan, well I still don't know how to PK and never joined that clan.

Now I changed my name to Last Cup, because frankly I am pretty good at beer ping and constantly hit that last cup. haha

RE: How did you choose your RS name? - Rinaldi - 2012-01-10

Simple one for me, Rinaldi is my family/surname. My orginal username is Rinaldi15, so with the new name changing available I wanted just "Rinaldi" which I got after a while when they released names in batches.

For some reason however I do miss the 15 on the end of my username... funny how that happens.. you grow attached to the numbers at the end which you dispised for so long. Because that name with the numbers was just who you were known by.

RE: How did you choose your RS name? - Jeki - 2012-01-19

My current Runescape name is Biscuit. It's random I know and I like Biscuit's so I stuck with it. A friend of mine told me she had the name so she gave it to me :] My original Runescape name was J E K I which is ofc my irl name.

RE: How did you choose your RS name? - AlchemyHawk - 2012-01-19

Les = The
Ninjas = My PYP team name.

Wub

RE: How did you choose your RS name? - Angus - 2012-01-19

Divine - Irc nick
Nro - Adapted from my login name that jagex made me change, which I'm not disclosing because it's vulgar XD

RE: How did you choose your RS name? - Prisci - 2012-01-25

My username Prisci is just short for my irl name Priscilla Wub

RE: How did you choose your RS name? - Bolivius - 2012-02-11

Back in 2004 I thought it was a kind of Roman game and anything ending on -ius seemed roman to me. Most real roman names I knew were already taken so I tweaked the word "Bolivia" a bit Biggrin. Only changed it once to a dutch politicians name two years ago when I thought it was appropriate, but I missed being Bolivus the next day smile

RE: How did you choose your RS name? - Cassie - 2012-02-12

bmp

RE: How did you choose your RS name? - Airbender - 2012-03-28

Because the Airbender series is awesome!