Surreal Forums
Hey it's Jace! - Printable Version

+- Surreal Forums (https://board.clansurreal.com)
+-- Forum: Surreal Membership (https://board.clansurreal.com/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://board.clansurreal.com/forum-16.html)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://board.clansurreal.com/forum-216.html)
+---- Thread: Hey it's Jace! (/thread-8418.html)

Hey it's Jace! - Jace - 2015-01-21

Hey everyone! Last time I applied here over a year ago I got turned away because I was 3 levels away from 1700. More than a year later I've finally gained 5 measly levels in Runescape and gotten in! I made an intro thread last time too, but that was awhile ago so here's another one:

Runescape Name: Sky Jace
Real-life name/nickname: Jamie (feel free to call me Jace though)
Describe yourself in one word: Stoked

What made you start playing Runescape: My friend back in 2004 introduced me to it. I've been playing on and off ever since then, and yet my levels are still abysmally low lol.
Favorite Movie: Lord of the Rings
Other language(s): Ruby, Python, Java, C, Lisp ...
Hobbies/talents: Downhill skateboarding is what I spent most of my free time doing. Going to competitions this year for the first time! Other than that I play classical piano, fiddle around with drums, read a lot, and try to get through my large collection of Steam games.

RE: Hey it's Jace! - Jos - 2015-01-21

Welcome to Surreal smile

RE: Hey it's Jace! - Jonathan - 2015-01-21

Welcome to Surreal stoked Jamie who speaks Python Biggrin

RE: Hey it's Jace! - Downfall - 2015-01-21

Welcome to Surreal! I know it seems petty but rules are rules. We would have loved to have you here either way, but it's in the interest of fairness smile

RE: Hey it's Jace! - Lady Spyra - 2015-01-21

Hey Jace welcome to Surreal! smile Do you ever record your piano playing? I love the sound of piano and would be interested to hear it Biggrin

RE: Hey it's Jace! - Durah - 2015-01-21

Hey Jace! I know you from Irenic. smile Welcome.

RE: Hey it's Jace! - old_jon - 2015-01-22

Hi Jace, welcome to Surreal (again). Glad you have met the requirements and can spend some time with us. Good

I was wondering what books you read. Any favourites? smile

RE: Hey it's Jace! - Jace - 2015-01-22

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

(2015-01-21 12:19:25)Downfall Wrote:  Welcome to Surreal! I know it seems petty but rules are rules. We would have loved to have you here either way, but it's in the interest of fairness smile

Oh yea I know, I'm not holding a grudge or anything haha. It was for the best since I was so inactive from RS last year.

(2015-01-21 17:44:01)Lady Spyra Wrote:  Hey Jace welcome to Surreal! smile Do you ever record your piano playing? I love the sound of piano and would be interested to hear it Biggrin

I have a couple recordings - here's one of them from 2007 ish!

(2015-01-21 22:47:14)Durah Wrote:  Hey Jace! I know you from Irenic. smile Welcome.

Hey fellow Irenican!

(2015-01-22 03:21:51)old_jon Wrote:  Hi Jace, welcome to Surreal (again). Glad you have met the requirements and can spend some time with us. Good

I was wondering what books you read. Any favourites? smile

I read a lot - lots of fantasy when I was younger and now just a lot of fiction, nonfiction, comics, and tech papers. A couple great books I've read recently are The Martian by Andy Weir, What If? by Randall Munroe (author of xkcd!), and Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng.

RE: Hey it's Jace! - Lady Spyra - 2015-01-22

(2015-01-22 10:12:44)Jace Wrote:  
(2015-01-21 17:44:01)Lady Spyra Wrote:  Hey Jace welcome to Surreal! smile Do you ever record your piano playing? I love the sound of piano and would be interested to hear it Biggrin

I have a couple recordings - here's one of them from 2007 ish!

:O holy wow, that's absolutely fabulous! You were in your teens when you did that? Seems that that was done live in a public place for an audience too. Wow! Very nicely done, I love it!