[Guide] Things I wish I'd known about earlier

Any Surrealean on the road to maxing, or beyond, knows that every little helps when it comes to free xp. This is a compendium of things I wish I'd known sooner. If you have any of your own tips and tricks you'd like to add, I encourage you to post them! Cheers. I'll add more as I remember them.

Goebiebands (Agility)
Supply Run (also known as goebiebands) is an activity you can take part in once a day on Mazcab, either at 12am game time (reset) or 12pm game time. XP is rewarded in a skill of your choosing (agility, crafting, hunter, farming, herblore, or woodcutting). From this 5-10 minute activity, you gain up to 50k xp (scales to your level. Calculator here: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Supply_run). Essentially, you pick up and carry ten supplies from Otot to Querci via the Nemi Forest.

Join the friends chat "minigames" at the start of the activity to find out the world for the skill you want xp for, plus anti-pkers (it's a safe activity, you lose nothing on death). Goebiebands pkers are rare. In fact, there's essentially one person who does it. The minigames friends chat has anti-pkers who hunt said pker down, plus scouts to warn you what world he's currently on. PM me if you need any help.

Dwarven army axe (Cooking)
Dwarven army axe. You can pick one up from Major Mary Rancour in Burthorpe (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Major_Mary_Rancour) by asking for free stuff. This item, when wielded or in your inventory, gives extra xp when cooking anything.

Sinkholes (Dungeoneering)
Credit goes to Broken Sword who introduced me to these. Sinkholes. 7 minute activity, once a day, which awards significant dungeoneering xp.

Warbands
Hate farming? Construction or herblore too expensive? Fear not! Up to 320k-ish xp a day from this 15 minute activity. Choose to receive xp in either herblore, mining, construction, farming, or smithing.

I'm going to go into a bit more detail here, as I know the word "wilderness" will raise some red flags. While it does take place in the wilderness, it's risk free if you take no items. Moreover, PKing friends chats primarily go to the Dark Warriors' Fortress camp first. Therefore, the East Lava Maze and Red Dragon Isle camps will be most likely be safe if you go there first. Also credit to Beccah for her tip that the total level worlds are safest. I recommend you wear Royal Dragonhide armour, which is cheap to replace, just in case of any solo pkers. However, people soloing warbands are generally there to loot rather than pk. For safety in numbers, there are friends chats that go to camps together to loot. "Woobands" is a looting friends chat. If you're willing to fight off enemy friends chats should they crash your camp, there are more pk-orientated friends chats. However, that doesn't mean you will not get your loot. These friends chats will call three worlds (three camps) each warbands, which means three inventories of supplies (max xp). If this interests you, I recommend the friends chat Regiment (http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/fo...4,65984743), which I've been a member of for a few months now. PM if you have any questions.

Vis wax and Potion Flasks (money making dailies)
Make vis wax in the Runecrafting Guild for 500k-1m. Mine red sandstone and craft into potion flasks in Ooglog for 400k (and Priff, I believe) Requires completion of As A First Resort). Both are extremely quick activities.

Travelling Merchant
Occasionally a travelling merchant will dock at the Deep Sea Fishing hub on a random world. You can purchase useful rewards (once a day) from him. Noteable if you plan on training runecrafting, is the unstable runes instantly granting 5k runespan points! The friends chat "whirlpooldnd" scouts for travelling merchants.

Aquarium (Player owned house)
It's worth building an Aquarium in your player owned house. You can add decorations from prawn balls to the Bathysphere. Some of these decorations you can harvest for resources by diving in using the "operate Bathysphere" option, once you've constructed a diving suit.

Oysters, which you can open once a day, contain uncut gems and spirit gems. Takes seconds to collect and will add up to a nice bit of crafting/summoning xp over time.

Also worth mentioning is kelp decorations, which you can harvest daily. Kelp, when combined with raw great white shark, creates great gunkan sushi (heals 2850 lifepoints over the course of 9 seconds). You need 91 cooking and tier 6 prawn perks to make it. Yes, you can buy it from the ge, but, as it requires minimal effort to gather, I think it's worth going full ironman.

Messages In This Thread
Things I wish I'd known about earlier - by Fake Brews - 2018-05-21 21:19:37