[Guide] Clifford's guide to computer security and maintenance.

Great guide, Cliff!

Yeah, I agree that Norton and McAfee are crap. We used to use ZoneAlarm on our laptops at work, but they kept pestering our users with pop ups about upgrading and blocking certain files, even though we kept allowing those files to go through it just fine. So we removed it from all laptops and now use Microsoft Security Essentials on them instead. Even though it's Microsoft, it's still actually a decent program and catches mostly everything that infects a computer.

Webroot is another good anti-virus program to use. I do like AVG, but I've stopped using it and have been trying others out. It did work great while I had it, though. I have Microsoft Security Essentials on my home computer now, just like what we use at work.

Was really shocked not to see MalwareBytes Anti-Malware listed here. That is my #1 favorite program for this kind of stuff. I mean, it doesn't have real-time protection, but when you get infected it sure is a jewel to have. Same with ComboFix. Never had a computer that couldn't be fixed with the combination of those programs. But you are probably just giving people programs to use for real-time protection, so MalwareBytes and ComboFix wouldn't really fall into that category anyway.

Again, great guide! Will help out many people, I'm sure. ^_^

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clifford's guide to computer security and maintenance. - by Shay - 2011-07-16 04:30:20

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guide Archaeology Guide Aurorae Auri 25 25,377 2021-08-17 21:58:22
Last Post: Aurorae Auri
  Fast SC Guide - Events & Stealing Creation Info Lady Spyra 3 3,258 2020-12-11 01:34:17
  The Arc Guide! Kermen 9 8,136 2020-09-02 03:52:27
Last Post: Kermen
  Guide Completionist Guide Aurorae Auri 10 11,017 2020-04-13 15:45:11
  Guide Level 3 to Quest Cape - Quest Order Guide Aurorae Auri 6 9,319 2020-01-31 02:30:59
Last Post: RinToyama31