[Answered] Farming
Thread Closed 

Speech bubble 
I've got 70 farming. I earned it through trees. Pretty much JUST trees. I always pay the fee for the person to watch the trees for me.

I'd really like to know how to effectively farm at my level. I've never done herb runs, but from what I've heard, they can be a good way to make money. I pretty much have stopped farming all together, and I want to start up again.

So I'd like to know - what sort of farming routine should I build into my everyday play? How do I do an herb run and which herbs should I pick? I do kingdom now, but just sell everything I get. I *could* keep the seeds. Is that a good idea?

I don't mind spending a bit of money, but I'd like to get the maximum xp for my money spent.

Thanks <3
[img=0x40]http://i.min.us/idZkQa.png[/img]
[img=0x200]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/137/505/zQLMZ.gif[/img]
[Image: 7WiM6jg.png]
g & a p m p r o f i l e
s t a t s (Click to View)
Do a herb rune ever 1 1/2 hours. I dont know whats profitable anymore, but I did snaps mostly all the way to 99.

I would do my herb run first, then the tree run second. Some people do them at the same time, but I find that confusing.

For herb runs, I did it in this order.
Trolheim>Ardy with ardy cape>Ectopile>cabbage tele for fally patch>Cathurby

I would buy seeds, but if you have a bunch from your kingdom, use those. You would probably make more profit if you foucs on one seed though.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
If you want to herb farm use the route given above, id also recommend getting an amulet of nature (you can bind this to 1 of your patches and it updates you in chatbox when the patch is diseased / dead or ready to harvest.

With tree/fruit tree farming id recommend if you really want the levels the best seeds you can do and pay the farmers aswell to look after them. The fruit / tree patches are.

Tree:
-Varrock palace
-Gnome Stronghold
-Falador
-Taverly
-Lumbridge

Fruit:
-Gnome Stronghold.
-Outside Tree Gnome Village
-Catherby
-Elv Place (not sure on name as i dont do this one)
-Brimhaven

(I also believe there is a fruit tree patch on Herblore Habitat, not sure though as ive never been here lol).

Its quite expensive in all honesty but for 10-15mins a day on a tree run and 5mins every 70 minutes or so for a herb run, its such an easy skill to reach 99. If you have the cash such a good skill to have and a nice cape (proberly the only one in the game id wear apart from rc)
pretty much what Zep said, I used to log in and do my tree run and then my herb run, I'd also bind my amulet of nature to my last herb patch so when that last herb patch was ready all the rest would be also.

my route has always been:

Trollheim, Ectophile, Falador (cabbage tele), Ardy, Camelot.

back when I was farming seeds weren't anywhere near as expensive as they are now and I'd grow the highest lvl herb I could for my lvl, if I were you i'd farm whatever seeds you can for your budget.
thanks guys! Very helpful. I totally forgot about those amulet things Biggrin I'll try your suggestions out today.
[img=0x200]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/137/505/zQLMZ.gif[/img]
g & a p m p r o f i l e
I did herbs from 70 to 80 farming and made great money. Plant ranarrs at all patches except Trollheim where you should plant a snapdragon. If you have a lower budget then do toadflax but always a snapdragon at Trollheim. This would also be able to cover most of your costs if you do decide to do trees as well
I definately recommend doing Herb runs. When I started up RS again a few months ago, I went from 6m to 24m in a couple of weeks by fishing monks and doing herb runs. ^^

Before you start, get some Juju Farming Potions. They give you a 33% chance of picking 2 herbs at once for 5 minutes, effectively increasing your overall yield each run by 33%.

I recommend farming Snaps, they made me 300k-450k each run. Do a run every hour and a half.

The order I used for my Farm runs went like this: (imagine you have a fully grown herb plant at each patch)

Stand by Trollheim patch. Drink a dose of Juju Farming Potion.

Pick Trollheim herbs. Supercompost patch, plant seed. Use Snapdragon herbs with leprechaun to note them.

Teleport to Port Phas using ecto. Run to Port Phas patch. Pick, supercompost, plant, note.

Teleport to Camelot. Run to Catherby patch. Pick, supercompost, plant, note.

Teleport to Falador. Run to Falador patch. Pick, supercompost, plant, note.

Lastly, teleport to Ardougne. Run to Ardougne patch. Pick, supercompost, plant, note.

You will probably finish this run in about 4 minutes, so the Juju farming potion will be active for the whole run.

For your inventory, I recommend:

Seed dibber
Spade
5 Snapdragon seeds
5 Supercompost (could store a load of supercomposts at a leprechaun to save space)
Ectophial
Teleport runes/tabs to Ardy, Trollheim, Camelot and Falador

You could also plant Limpwurts at the same time. You will make about 15k profit or something per run with them. I personally don't, as I doubt I'd be able to farm all my patches whilst having the Juju pot active if I did Limps too.

Hope this helped. Good luck and take care! [:
[Image: d9XeE71336709893.gif]

[Image: SRL_Fear.png][Image: fear.png]

[Image: k2o37l.jpg]
I had no idea you could use the herbs with the Leprechaun and it will note them. That makes things much easier lol
(2011-01-23 23:20:43)Unknown Fear Wrote:  I definately recommend doing Herb runs. When I started up RS again a few months ago, I went from 6m to 24m in a couple of weeks by fishing monks and doing herb runs. ^^

Before you start, get some Juju Farming Potions. They give you a 33% chance of picking 2 herbs at once for 5 minutes, effectively increasing your overall yield each run by 33%.

I recommend farming Snaps, they made me 300k-450k each run. Do a run every hour and a half.

The order I used for my Farm runs went like this: (imagine you have a fully grown herb plant at each patch)

Stand by Trollheim patch. Drink a dose of Juju Farming Potion.

Pick Trollheim herbs. Supercompost patch, plant seed. Use Snapdragon herbs with leprechaun to note them.

Teleport to Port Phas using ecto. Run to Port Phas patch. Pick, supercompost, plant, note.

Teleport to Camelot. Run to Catherby patch. Pick, supercompost, plant, note.

Teleport to Falador. Run to Falador patch. Pick, supercompost, plant, note.

Lastly, teleport to Ardougne. Run to Ardougne patch. Pick, supercompost, plant, note.

You will probably finish this run in about 4 minutes, so the Juju farming potion will be active for the whole run.

For your inventory, I recommend:

Seed dibber
Spade
5 Snapdragon seeds
5 Supercompost (could store a load of supercomposts at a leprechaun to save space)
Ectophial
Teleport runes/tabs to Ardy, Trollheim, Camelot and Falador

You could also plant Limpwurts at the same time. You will make about 15k profit or something per run with them. I personally don't, as I doubt I'd be able to farm all my patches whilst having the Juju pot active if I did Limps too.

Hope this helped. Good luck and take care! [:

Very detailed - Thank you!! I will be trying this exact method! Biggrin

g & a p m p r o f i l e
Included method to unknowns guide I also include doing watermelon's, best tree and best fruit tree I can do. But I plant 5 herbs, 5 limps, I do papaya or palm tree collecting the fruit every farm run (yields extra profit and gives payments for some tree's even) and I do watermelons to create my own super compost so your getting xp and sometimes paying nothing for the supercompost (depends on prices Tongue) every night before I end my day on rs I plant new fruit tree's and normal tree's. I sometime do cactus a day before I start using yew saplings so I can grow my own payments. I set my swift kit timer or just remember the time of my first planted seed and go do a farm run every 75 minutes. (when I'm doing them)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-Gold-Farming Measures Shay 13 7,593 2011-11-23 20:02:36
Last Post: Portus
  Answered Farming Herbs: Spreadsheet Quaran 3 2,969 2011-04-30 01:34:47
Last Post: Jackwootton