Poll: Invest?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Buy now!
2 20.00%
Hold off awhile
8 80.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Answered] Time to buy?
Thread Closed 

I'm sure you've all seen the recent drops in Santas and Masks as well as most other items. Do you think that now is the best time to grab a rare or other expensive items? Or, will the prices get even lower when free trade is released?

Having purchased a Santa during the first drop (maybe a month ago?) I can say I have currently lost about 15-16m on it. But I have realized that I am fine with that. I always wanted a Santa, so I got it. I just got overzealous and bought it when it was inevitably going to drop some more.

So my advice, I suppose, is:
1. If you want the rare for having a rare and keeping (and can afford it, dont mind spending the money, and are not afraid of any potential loss) then go for it.
2. If you are looking to hold it for a short time, I would not recommend it. Such as if you want to merch it, don't ask me haha. I'm in no position to give advice there.

But basically, if you want to keep the rare for a long time, it should turn into a long-term investment (rares have to go up eventually... right?). Then the only issue should be parting with the money. Sorry if this made no sense haha.
I'd wait until the market settles down a bit, Free trade is coming out in 10 days don't forget.
Also remember that Santa's always fluctate before and after christmas. Usually damaging the prices of other rares as some people stock up on other rares to sell of santas to 'normal' players that just want the extra flash before christmas.
[Image: a3ceade7d1.png]
[Image: zam-icon.png][Image: newbh.png]
0 > 1
All rares are basically falling now. With free trade coming back out it was bound to happen. Even purples are being panic sold and dropped 5m today on the GE price table.

Honestly I'd wait a few days and buy one off the GE, I would put my money on them raising a little bit once free trade is solid again and everything has settled but I think once free trade is out you'll see prices jump a bit because people will be able to make their own price without having to use junk again.

Gold is slowly rising in value as well, it was a good idea on Jagex to let people charge chaotics with gp cuz it's definitely a decent money sink at the moment. Not to mention we still have people who buy cons which is the best money sink they've released so far. So, gp will keep slowly rising in value especially with free trade kicking off, which will lower prices on rares.

It's a catch either way, just gotta do what you want to do and hope for the best. Most people I talk with on these issues are advising everyone to not do any trades at the moment over 30m just to be on the safe side. But, it could also go the opposite like I said and just rise a week after free trade comes out, at that point it'd be too late and near impossible to buy a rare again.

Me personally, I'm staying away from the awful things, learned my lessons over the years not to mess with rares unless I want one to keep for good lol
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
(2011-01-21 10:19:15)Bug Wrote:  All rares are basically falling now. With free trade coming back out it was bound to happen. Even purples are being panic sold and dropped 5m today on the GE price table.

Honestly I'd wait a few days and buy one off the GE, I would put my money on them raising a little bit once free trade is solid again and everything has settled but I think once free trade is out you'll see prices jump a bit because people will be able to make their own price without having to use junk again.

Gold is slowly rising in value as well, it was a good idea on Jagex to let people charge chaotics with gp cuz it's definitely a decent money sink at the moment. Not to mention we still have people who buy cons which is the best money sink they've released so far. So, gp will keep slowly rising in value especially with free trade kicking off, which will lower prices on rares.

It's a catch either way, just gotta do what you want to do and hope for the best. Most people I talk with on these issues are advising everyone to not do any trades at the moment over 30m just to be on the safe side. But, it could also go the opposite like I said and just rise a week after free trade comes out, at that point it'd be too late and near impossible to buy a rare again.

Me personally, I'm staying away from the awful things, learned my lessons over the years not to mess with rares unless I want one to keep for good lol

I think I will wait for free trade to come out. Mostly because of what you said about the Purple Partyhats, the demand is definately not worth 500m+. It's weird to say that Free Trade will help lock in prices but I think it's going to help regulate the rare market.
alot of rares go for trade + junk, once free trade is back the junk will dissapear and i can see all rares dropping ALOT.
The price is dropping rapidly because junk is going to be, well, junk again rather then a means to trade wtih, so merchants who have been hoarding rares are trying to get rid of their hundreds of millions worth of gp of junk before free trade hits and it becomes truly worthless
I hope you all are right. I may finally be able to get my long coveted Yellow Phat after all...lol
i would wait.

Im currentally making bank to invest into rares..etc.. once the crash hits on the 1st of feb.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your "Time Played"? ILoveCatsYum 43 25,601 2015-01-31 20:48:40
Last Post: oef3
  BXP Weekend Gains + Time Wasted AlchemyHawk 23 12,613 2012-10-31 13:05:22
Last Post: Tay
  15yrs Jail time over Runescape.. Meg 21 13,792 2012-08-18 01:10:42
Last Post: Reaping
  Good floor time Angus 12 7,355 2012-08-07 02:39:02
Last Post: AlchemyHawk
  Dicing/ Dicing Clans. A major breakthrough, Or a ticking time bomb? ReturnFate 24 13,284 2011-06-09 05:09:02
Last Post: old_jon