Introducing Wildcard

Introducing Wildcard
"Cruel, but fair"

Quit Guessing, You'll Never Know

You may have caught our subtle references to something significant happening in June. Surreal - meet Wildcard. We have a new competition on the block, along with some scheduling changes that will happen regarding SWC. Before we get into the details, we will go over the rules of this new competition, and how it'll work.

We assure you that no other clan has something like this to offer.

The Rules

Join a Team

Members interested in Wildcard will need to register to join a team. The interested members will be split into two or three teams, depending on how many sign ups there are.

The Competition

Our system will choose 5 skills at random to be tracked for the week that the competition is underway. Each team is scored based on their total XP gain among all 5 skills.

Seems simple, right? The twist is, nobody knows what the skills are, until the end. You will have access to a live tracker, just like SWC, but you will only be able to see percentage gaps between the two participating teams. Individual gains and percentage gaps will also be hidden.

[Image: asSL.jpg]

Once the competition concludes, the full skills and statistics will be released on a results page, and leaderboard points will be awarded to the team with the highest total XP gain.

Join a Team

A form is available below to register your interest in Wildcard. Teams will be automatically balanced, and you will have access to your own separate forums and discord channels, along with special forum badges once you have been sorted into a team.

Scheduling Changes

As you all know from earlier in the post, we will be changing up the schedules a little bit for this competition. We did not want to compromise the less busy weeks that we already have so we can still provide fun events that aren't directly tied to an XP competition, so here will be our updated schedule once Wildcard begins:

WeekActivity
Week 1Skill Week Championship Round
Week 2Event Week
Week 3Wildcard Round
Week 4Event Week

Credit goes to @Beccah for the idea, as well as our staff team for helping vote on mechanics and other details. We're targeting a first Wildcard round by the middle to end of July 2018. Hope you all like the idea!
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Count me in my dude.
If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all.
That is one complex system. Should be fun.
Hah, this sounds like mayhem. I like it.
"Get going, Simon. Just don't be distracted by the what-ifs, should-haves, and if-onlies.
The one path you choose yourself, that is the truth of your universe."
[Image: rex_advenes_p1.png]
Quote:Seems simple, right? The twist is, nobody knows what the skills are, until the end. 

Me:
 [Image: MarriedCharmingBushbaby-max-1mb.gif]
Sounds interesting!
[Image: user1-light.png][Image: 2JSik6b.jpg]
-grins- I love it!
I wish I had more time for the game. I would only bring a team down Sad I does sound awesome though smile
This is going to be wild. I've returned just in time!
Don't send me into a library without supervision unless you're prepared to file a missing persons report.
I just have to give this a whirl! Kudos to you @Beccah smile

(2018-06-28 10:48:59)dunder Wrote:  I wish I had more time for the game. I would only bring a team down Sad I does sound awesome though smile

There's a "I don't have a lot of time..." option for level of participation when you sign up, Dave smile
[Image: GpJL.png]

[Image: GVO3.png]