Account Security!!
Thread Closed 

Sadly.. I don't even know my recoveries or my email i used anymore ._. Reckon i should change that. lmao.

truth is, not everyone is going to like you.
you'll be beautiful to one, and ugly to another.
you're amazing to one, and terrible to another.
there will always be people who bring you
down, who disagree with you, who hurt you,
and that's normal. just hold your head up high:
for every person who brings you down, there
are more who are willing to keep you up.

they're the ones that keep you strong.
(2011-01-25 20:24:55)Smith Wrote:  phishing! That guy got a skill cape in it, I am not surprised you get confused. But remember this:

Jagex will never email you. They have their own mailing system ingame for that.

acualy jagex has emailed me lol but like 99% of the stuff they do is in the messaging system in game
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
Jagex support is atrocious. They need to figure out a way to get information to their customers better.
There's no way to even call support or anything. It's the weirdest business model ever. You have to post among thousands of pages of spam and hope that maybe your question will be answered.. by another player. It's stupid.
[img=0x40]http://i.min.us/idZkQa.png[/img]
[img=0x200]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/137/505/zQLMZ.gif[/img]
[Image: 7WiM6jg.png]
g & a p m p r o f i l e
s t a t s (Click to View)
Lol my email is spammed.

Good luck Jagex Tongue
Don't ever click on links you are not sure of.

Change your password, recoveries and e-mail address. When you do this make it something you have not used before, try to use numbers, caps, small case and symbols in your passwords, write them down if you need to and keep it hidden in your purse or something.

I repeat DO NOT CLICK ON LINKS YOU ARE NOT SURE OF EVER!

Jagex will never e-mail you with something like this, they would honestly just lock your account to keep it safe. They would than let you go through recovering it but at least it was kept safe.

I have gotten e-mails from Jagex and they have always been about updates or new items available in the Jagex shop, never anything about my account.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
Maybe someday we'll witness Jagex implement actual support. Maybe... :/
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
I think I'm a bit late but it isn't actually Jagex emailed you and this is just an attempt to steal your password
Jagex does send out account related emails.

Quote:Jagex Ltd to me
show details Jan 18 (9 days ago)

Dear Player,

This is an automated email from Jagex Ltd., makers of RuneScape and FunOrb, sent because you submitted a Password Recovery request for this account.

Your new password has been set and you may use it to log into your account.

To make account recovery easier in the future, please ensure that you have an email address registered. You can register an email address here: https://secure.runescape.com/m=weblogin/...l-register&ssl=1&expired=0&dest=set_address.ws

If you have any questions about keeping your account secure and your password safe, please refer to our articles in the 'Safety and Security' section of the website.

Many thanks,
Jagex Ltd.

You do not need to unsubscribe, as we have not added this email address to any mailing lists.

Copyright © 1999 - 2011 Jagex Ltd. Jagex, RuneScape, FunOrb, War of Legends and Stellar Dawn are registered trademarks of Jagex Ltd in the United Kingdom and trademarks used in other countries of the world.
By using our service you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.
(2011-01-25 20:37:39)Smith Wrote:  Noes, I was wrong. I get what this is. Jagex recently updated their recovery system.

This means that you now can recover your account by mail. This mail is a legit one. It means that someone knows your emailadres and that it is linked to your account. Jagex send this to you to let you recover your password.

How is this a threath? If the person that knew your mailadres also knows the pw of it, he could change everything.

My suggestion: Change your emailadres to a very unknown one.

Quoting myself...
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
(2011-01-26 20:46:00)Smith Wrote:  
(2011-01-25 20:37:39)Smith Wrote:  Noes, I was wrong. I get what this is. Jagex recently updated their recovery system.

This means that you now can recover your account by mail. This mail is a legit one. It means that someone knows your emailadres and that it is linked to your account. Jagex send this to you to let you recover your password.

How is this a threath? If the person that knew your mailadres also knows the pw of it, he could change everything.

My suggestion: Change your emailadres to a very unknown one.

Quoting myself...

I personally think this is too simple of a system. E-mail accounts don't seem to be all that safe these days...

Seems unusual that Jagex would e-mail players regarding account safety, although judging by the links sent it does seem pretty legit. They only thing you'd have to watch out for in phishing scams is when they hyperlink a link that looks safe, i.e. http://www.runescape.com/ <- Doesn't actually lead to where you initially expect it will take you.
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Help Runetrack account views [ DONE ] Juicy Papaya 8 6,266 2014-06-27 13:24:34
Last Post: Juicy Papaya
  Runetrack account-DONE Jonathan 8 7,411 2014-06-20 07:43:32
Last Post: Jonathan
  Runetrack account :) Exciled 5 5,445 2014-01-22 14:44:54
Last Post: Exciled
  Account Help AlchemyHawk 7 5,192 2013-01-27 18:33:31
Last Post: AlchemyHawk