Phishing
Thread Closed 

I posted a thread about an email I recieved from "Jagex" the other day. Someone on Tip.It made this post in regards to that same email. Apparently the link looks completely legit, but it's actually pointed to some random server?

http://forum.tip.it/topic/286270-warning-scam-email/

Regardless of whether or not this email is in fact fake or real - I've decided to ignore all Jagex emails completely. He makes a good point - we should expect more scamming to take place now, as it's super easy to just steal the account and dump all your items in the bank. I won't be clicking *any* links. Real or fake.

There's a very limited amount of account protection available, and Jagex has horrible support, so it's up to us to keep our accounts secure.

I'll be changing my password weekly, and I'm going to find out how to change my pin as well.

Any other tips? (besides ignoring Jagex emails completely, because they don't bother to verify if it's official or not XD)
[img=0x40]http://i.min.us/idZkQa.png[/img]
[img=0x200]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/137/505/zQLMZ.gif[/img]
[Image: 7WiM6jg.png]
g & a p m p r o f i l e
s t a t s (Click to View)
If someone manages to keylog you, changing your pass every week wont do anything, so I wouldnt bother with that. But its up to you.

My best advice is just dont be dumb. Getting hacked is always your own fault in one way or another
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
EEEEEEK ! HACKERS!

How terrible -.-!

I refuse to download/open anything anymore ;x.

truth is, not everyone is going to like you.
you'll be beautiful to one, and ugly to another.
you're amazing to one, and terrible to another.
there will always be people who bring you
down, who disagree with you, who hurt you,
and that's normal. just hold your head up high:
for every person who brings you down, there
are more who are willing to keep you up.

they're the ones that keep you strong.
Don't open anything from anyone besides people you know is the way to play it safe.
More importantly, always check links by hovering over them. 99% of the time it's a hyperlink intended to fool you, but if your using Firefox in the bottom left corner it tells you where your about to click leads to.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
I don't see what joy you can get from playing on another persons account either. If i had the opportunity to gain an account that was better and wealthier, i would rather stick with my own, that's the challenege! It's good to be on our toes, Stay safe everyone.
Don't click any links that anyone sends you unless you trust them, even then who knows if one of your friend is going rogue
(2011-02-03 01:47:15)Tyraeluz Wrote:  I don't see what joy you can get from playing on another persons account either. If i had the opportunity to gain an account that was better and wealthier, i would rather stick with my own, that's the challenege! It's good to be on our toes, Stay safe everyone.

it has nothing to do with playing on there account, its to get there pixels and xfer onto there own acc.
you can also right click the link and copy the url and paste it in like notepad.
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]