[Answered] I don't have a Prayer
Thread Closed 

I'm thinking about getting 95-99 prayer sometime soon after a few of the current goals I already have set (I don't wanna get too ahead of myself). I've been trying to think of the best way to train this thing now-a-days.

I was thinking about just ranging on Black Demons until I collected enough infernal ashes then do ectofungus. I figured it'd help me train my range as well as help me collect charms (Training 3 skills at the same time ftw?).

What do you guys think I should do to train prayer? I Don't feel like spending my entire bank Tongue
You could chin Nechyrael's if you have the slayer level for it. Will be faster and it still makes money with the seed drops. They also drop plenty of charms.

Otherwise is black demons a good choice imo.
[Image: a3ceade7d1.png]
[Image: zam-icon.png][Image: newbh.png]
0 > 1
Well I know Zooperman is camping Black Demons, going for 65k (or so) infernal ashes I might add. Perhaps you should PM him and ask how it's going. I think you should camp Black Demons, because like you said... 3 skills at the same time ftw Tongue
[Image: xjWu8.png]
[Image: 2a6jyb5.png]

Nechyrael's are faster in terms of infernal ashes/hr, that is if you only use the regular method at black demons.

Technically speaking, you can lure a black demon on top of you while using a cannon, standing ontop of the cannon this demon will demon stuck and your cannon is free to attack other enemies. You can easily reload your cannon at this point without trouble. Doing this is technically 500 kills per hour. The problem here being you only receive ranged experience and it can get quite costly.

While there are other methods these two are the standouts of them all.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
(2011-03-03 14:27:06)ReturnFate Wrote:  Nechyrael's are faster in terms of infernal ashes/hr, that is if you only use the regular method at black demons.

Technically speaking, you can lure a black demon on top of you while using a cannon, standing ontop of the cannon this demon will demon stuck and your cannon is free to attack other enemies. You can easily reload your cannon at this point without trouble. Doing this is technically 500 kills per hour. The problem here being you only receive ranged experience and it can get quite costly.

First off Good Luck with 99 Rc Biggrin I'm almost finished 78-99 so I know exactly what you'll be going through smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

500 Kills per hour is a little extreme. Even cannoning in Edge dungeon with safespot and range is only maximum 300 kill/h and thats without banking.

To be honest if I was you I'd get 85 slayer and camp at Abby Demons in the Abyssal area reached via fairy rings, banking is fast and as they rarely hit you can just head there with full Void Melee + Bunyip/Uni (or Soul Split once you hit 92 Pray)

Feels like the same speed as slayer so ain't bad at all, add in the standard drops from Abby's thats an extra 200k or so per hour. Add in whip drops (which averages out at one per 3 hours based on 1/500 kill rate) then cash per hour is 700k or so + 150 Ashes.

Looking at about 50 Crimsons per hour so by the time you hit enough Ashes for 95 Prayer you'll have a lovely amount of charms, as well as the cash to turn them into pouches with some left over.

All in all, I'd stress getting 85 Slay above all else, Nechrayels/Black Demons are fast enough, but the banking speed is what's going to kill your collecting rate.

Final note: For optimum speed depending if you can use extremes or not: If not then bring a Dragon Battleaxe + 3 (4) Super Att/Def. Use the spec every 5 minutes and pot Attack and Defence. This keeps your Attack/Strength/Defence from dropping more than 1/3 of the boost instead of waiting for it to drop all the way back to your original stats.

If you can make Extremes or Overloads use them with the same time interval. Even with Overloads you make more back than you spend.

I'd also advise that you use Piety 100% of the time, Prayer potions cost next to nothing at the moment and the increase in stats improves kill speed by roughly 1/3.

There's my 2 (or maybe 10) cents. Hope that helped shed a little light on the matter haha.

PS: Apologies for my MASSIVE essay, I'm sleepy and can't stop rambling smile

(2011-03-03 13:33:13)Frosty Wrote:  Well I know Zooperman is camping Black Demons, going for 65k (or so) infernal ashes I might add. Perhaps you should PM him and ask how it's going.

Its going well and i think black demons are great, im personally meleeing them so i need pray pots but other then that if he is gonna range them then that will take most of the cost out.

Plus they drop tons of crimson ive gotten bout 400 crimson in 1.6k kills so thats abotu 25% drop

im not sure about cannoning them because of the cost of the Cballs and how many it takes to kill a demon but its all personal preference.

Biggrin

ps. the other drops from the demons (efegies, rune meds/chains, dragonstone) all add up too i have about 700k in just rune chains and meds Biggrin

(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
How much ashes on your counter zoop?

Nechs can also easely be done with slayer ring - duel ring. Very fast teleports.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
1.7kish
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
(2011-03-03 14:47:25)Beardi Wrote:  
(2011-03-03 14:27:06)ReturnFate Wrote:  Nechyrael's are faster in terms of infernal ashes/hr, that is if you only use the regular method at black demons.

First off Good Luck with 99 Rc Biggrin I'm almost finished 78-99 so I know exactly what you'll be going through smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

500 Kills per hour is a little extreme. Even cannoning in Edge dungeon with safespot and range is only maximum 300 kill/h and thats without banking.

To be honest if I was you I'd get 85 slayer and camp at Abby Demons in the Abyssal area reached via fairy rings, banking is fast and as they rarely hit you can just head there with full Void Melee + Bunyip/Uni (or Soul Split once you hit 92 Pray)

Feels like the same speed as slayer so ain't bad at all, add in the standard drops from Abby's thats an extra 200k or so per hour. Add in whip drops (which averages out at one per 3 hours based on 1/500 kill rate) then cash per hour is 700k or so + 150 Ashes.

Looking at about 50 Crimsons per hour so by the time you hit enough Ashes for 95 Prayer you'll have a lovely amount of charms, as well as the cash to turn them into pouches with some left over.

All in all, I'd stress getting 85 Slay above all else, Nechrayels/Black Demons are fast enough, but the banking speed is what's going to kill your collecting rate.

Final note: For optimum speed depending if you can use extremes or not: If not then bring a Dragon Battleaxe + 3 (4) Super Att/Def. Use the spec every 5 minutes and pot Attack and Defence. This keeps your Attack/Strength/Defence from dropping more than 1/3 of the boost instead of waiting for it to drop all the way back to your original stats.

If you can make Extremes or Overloads use them with the same time interval. Even with Overloads you make more back than you spend.

I'd also advise that you use Piety 100% of the time, Prayer potions cost next to nothing at the moment and the increase in stats improves kill speed by roughly 1/3.

There's my 2 (or maybe 10) cents. Hope that helped shed a little light on the matter haha.

PS: Apologies for my MASSIVE essay, I'm sleepy and can't stop rambling smile

Sorry about the delayed response I've been away.

Anyways, this is with complete cannon luring and it is possible, however it requires a lot of attention to be payed and a lot of money to be spent.

I wish I had a video to show you but at this time I do not.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Profitable herblore/prayer training method Dave 12 8,356 2014-03-01 21:20:03
Last Post: Papa Malice
  New High-Level Prayer Potion Shay 8 5,499 2011-09-07 03:05:34
Last Post: Evaluate
  Answered Runecraft, prayer, summoning. Rawries 9 5,735 2011-02-25 18:03:57
Last Post: 7dylan78