New Email Circulating.
Thread Closed 

Quote:Dear Player,

We regret to inform you that your account has received an infraction due to a Major Real World Trading offense. Please visit the appeal section under Account Management to view evidence of your infraction(s) and to appeal any infraction(s) that you feel were unjustified.

To view the evidence please click here: *link removed as I don't want anyone silly enough to click on it*

Please note: Due to a recent bug in our infraction system, some accounts may have received a void infraction. The majority of void infractions have been removed but we cannot ensure that all infractions have been removed. We urge you to visit the appeal section to appeal any unjustified infractions received due to system errors.

Many thanks, Jagex Ltd.

Copyright © 1999 - 2011 Jagex Ltd. Jagex, RuneScape, FunOrb, War of Legends and Stellar Dawn are registered trademarks of Jagex Ltd in the United Kingdom and trademarks used in other countries of the world. By using our service you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Please be aware that this is indeed a hoax email and if you recieve this email in your inbox DO NOT click on the link, do infact check your appeals on a JaGex site itself.
ty
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
I laugh at these emails. When they direct to "Secure-runescape.tk" when you click em. Obviously a scam LOL
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Meg to save the day!
[Image: xjWu8.png]
[Image: 2a6jyb5.png]

Sad to say but I got one of those emails just a few days ago. Did not click on the link of course since I know JX does not have this e-mail address, and I don't do real world trading at all.... Its real sad that this crap is starting back up again.....No
Lynn
[Image: Lynn.png]

I was aware of these emails but earlier today I received one and because I was totally out of it, I 'almost' logged in to their website, i.e almost gave my pass etc away.

What I don't understand is where they get our email addresses from? Seeing as the only place we register an email address is with Jagex.

Also I don't even have an email address registered to an account so I don't see how they could have figured out that I'm the owner of said account...

Anyway thanks for the heads up!
I'd guess that a lot of them use publicly or semi-privately accessible registers such as commonly used fansites, people who liked Runescape's FB page, etc..

Thanks for the heads-up, Meg! Biggrin
These emails are annoying, I got six of them in my junk mail telling me I had to verify my account and that I had received infractions and to go to this link. I don't think so..
[Image: rawries.png]
Oh boy, the scamming and hacking start again. Just check the link carefully and you'll be good.