Make-X Improvements and Low-level Combat Changes [12 Oct 2010]
Thread Closed 

Many of the Make-X menus in the game have been redesigned. The new version doesn’t require you to right-click to choose Make-X or Make-All. Also, wherever the new menu offers Make-X, it also offers Make-All, so you won’t have to keep typing the same numbers manually. Some of the newly introduced Make-All options include smelting ores, fletching bows and crossbow stocks, and other such popular skill activities.

We’ve also added a couple of new ranged and magic options for low-level players. Rangers might like to get hold of the new sling weapon, which doesn’t need any ammunition to use, and mages should give the new level 1 Wind Rush spell a try as it only requires air runes to cast – or free with a staff of air equipped. Slings are dropped by creatures in the Lumbridge Catacombs (and Kayle’s bow has instead now become Kayle’s sling).

Finally, a handful of low-level monsters in the free-to-play area – including giant rats, giant spiders and goblins – have been rebalanced to be more interesting for new players to fight, which has been made possible by the changes made to life points earlier this year. They’ll also provide handy target practice for the new slings and spell.

Mod Mark
RuneScape Lead Designer

You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
I'm pretty pleased about the Make-X and Make-All updates. They'll definately come in handy for Smithing and Fletching. The other updates don't really apply to me although I suppose they're worthwhile additions for newer players.
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
I smell people boting to 99 magic free with air staff. To_keep_order
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2010-10-13 03:01:48)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  I smell people boting to 99 magic free with air staff. To_keep_order

Well, you would have thought that Jagex would have considered that before they implemented it and realistically at 2.7 base experience per cast and maximum damage of 10 lifepoints, it would take far too long to reach 99 using this spell.
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
(2010-10-13 03:51:12)Taylor Wrote:  
(2010-10-13 03:01:48)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  I smell people boting to 99 magic free with air staff. To_keep_order

Well, you would have thought that Jagex would have considered that before they implemented it and realistically at 2.7 base experience per cast and maximum damage of 10 lifepoints, it would take far too long to reach 99 using this spell.
I was somewhat joking, however if a bot actually did this, even at 2.7exp it would not take that long if it was casting the spell ocnstantly for 24 hours. Tongue

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Quote:I was somewhat joking, however if a bot actually did this, even at 2.7exp it would not take that long if it was casting the spell ocnstantly for 24 hours. Tongue

It'd be far to impractical even for a botter to use the spell for 99 Magic. A bot running around the clock would surely get banned, wasting their "hard working" time. It's a great addition for newer players to utilize though, Magic hasn't always been cheap to get started. I love the new make-x and make all options, they're coming in mighty handy while cooking/smithing at the moment (though they havn't added it to all interfaces yet (Angry2). Looks like my Crafting will still be as big a pain as I had imagined when I first started 60-70.

Running around? They could just use it on Count Draynor and a Dummy. Tongue
And yes it is obviously a dumb idea, but people use bots are dumb.

(2010-10-15 21:01:36)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  Running around? They could just use it on Count Draynor and a Dummy. Tongue
And yes it is obviously a dumb idea, but people use bots are dumb.

Running as in the bot is working, not running as in the bot is actually running around silly :p Not everyone who uses bots are dumb, I don't condone it but I do know pretty well of a few people who've built their entire accounts on bots and are just as good as any other player (just really undeserving of their "accomplishments").
Meh, I suppose your right. Sad

The Make-x has been awesome, it has made Barb fishing faster cutting than dropping again as well for anyone wondering.

I did the tests the other day and found cutting much faster than dropping, didn't take exact times just generalized the times. Def worth it though.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Summer Special & D&D Improvements and Death Rework Shawn 9 7,902 2015-05-27 20:03:54
Last Post: Myster Q
  How to make a skiller? Ava 1 2,801 2014-08-22 22:32:57
Last Post: Cormag
  Master Skillcapes & Combat Improvements Bowlinmaster 9 6,641 2014-04-30 10:08:09
Last Post: Destriant
  What to train combat on in F2P? And money? GiantSp00n 5 4,569 2013-03-28 19:58:00
Last Post: Gold_Trustee
  A couple combat questions Bug 6 4,646 2013-02-26 08:25:37
Last Post: Bug