Free to Play
Thread Closed 

So, today my friend from In Real Life told me to enter a free to play world, as he is not a member. It was terrible! Angry2 I went to Varrock, and before I knew it was already engaged in an arguement. Please, discuss. Beee

I've normally enjoyed Free to Play, because of its simplicity and it being always easy to find something to do. Members is hard for me to do that, due to the fact that there is so much to choose from! Biggrin So normally, when I do nothing now a days I just woodcut. If I had to choose between Free to Play, and Members it would be tough, because I enjoy Free to Play a lot! The only thing I dislike about it is the maturity of some of their members.

Although, I'm proud of being a member! King2
When I first started Runescape way back in 2005 I started off as a non member and I lasted a couple of hours as the ad's would wreck havoc on my pc and the lag was just unbearable, then a good friend suggested I give it a go and try off with members (this was in 2007), I was hooked after that, I've prob been back to f2p on a handful of occasions just to see what it was like - can't stand it tbh Sad
I play on some of my accounts which are all F2P a decent amount, and I don't find that much difference to members world, really none at all actually.
I am in no way saying F2P is mature, but I find members worlds to be just as bad.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

if you really want to get the most out of F2P, I suggest wearing your best skillcape and gear and walking around... you'll find yourself a few followers, it's quite amussing.
Well I was free to play until I gained about a 1010 total level, and I loved it! The simplicity of it was great, plus I was the better of our group of friends Tongue
[Image: xjWu8.png]
[Image: 2a6jyb5.png]

Am I the only one who doesn't like it? I like the simplicity of it, the fact that there isn't a thousand of things to do so it's easier to find something to do but when I was playing my other account, I found a lot of places are just full of bots, it made it hard to do things like woodcutting because you were battling against lots of other people..
[Image: rawries.png]
(2011-03-09 11:47:19)Rawries Wrote:  Am I the only one who doesn't like it? I like the simplicity of it, the fact that there isn't a thousand of things to do so it's easier to find something to do but when I was playing my other account, I found a lot of places are just full of bots, it made it hard to do things like woodcutting because you were battling against lots of other people..

The only place that I can think about that is the Varrock mine, and the Draynor willows! But, then again I don't go in Free to Play that much, anymore. Wink But, there still is bots in Pay to Play, just not as much since in Pay to Play there's so much to do! It all balances out! Biggrin

Although, that is another downside when you think of it.
(2011-03-09 03:39:16)Hawk Ey3 Wrote:  if you really want to get the most out of F2P, I suggest wearing your best skillcape and gear and walking around... you'll find yourself a few followers, it's quite amussing.

Full Saradomin + Member boots + Skill cape = God among F2Pers Tongue
I hate F2P. It totally sucks in my opinion. I always run into shortcuts I can't use, skills I can't train, methods I can't use, the list really goes on and on.

The only thing I can bare in an F2P world is pking and pkri's. Which I have done plenty of hours of in both.

Other than that I just find F2P too restrictive compared to P2P and I find most of the people annoying or just plain bots. Than again even in P2P I find 85% of the people annoying so in both F2P and P2P I keep my public chat set to 'off' or 'friends', combats any beggers/jerks or just plain dumbies from talking to me in the first place.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
F2P is fun... only if you have never been P2P before.
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Novtumber Fest Tokens - Free to a Good Home sorchaflaith 2 2,948 2017-10-29 04:18:59
Last Post: sorchaflaith
  Free bank space Myster Q 6 5,263 2015-06-17 11:26:12
Last Post: Velits
  You know you play too much Runescape when... Jack 5 3,923 2013-12-29 23:19:16
Last Post: Shawn
  Free Festive Aura for All Members AlchemyHawk 11 7,121 2012-12-01 00:48:43
Last Post: AlchemyHawk
  What do you play RS on? Nurbz 20 11,226 2012-11-13 19:14:03
Last Post: Bobby