[Answered] 8m a day?
Thread Closed 

Hey so some guy was saying how he makes 8m a day doing level 1 clues.. he had 3rd age on so i know he had cash but im wondering if this is actually a legit way to make money
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
Maybe.
[Image: Pokemon_logo___Umbreon_by_PrinzeBur.gif]
I doubt it, unless he is really lucky. Did you ask him how much he played a day?
Even in 10+ hours I think it is very unlikely he got that much.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Once you get the hang of it, and begin to memorize all the clues, there are ways of making exceptional profits per hour (upwards of 500k) using level 1 clues. However, this takes quite a bit of luck, and 8m worth of clues is a lot of playtime per day. So in short, possible, but not likely. Maybe alongside merchanting or something.

Note: I say exceptional in terms of low leveled players that can't boss hunt and such, as 500k isn't exceptional to most high-levelers.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I know a friend of mine did 1m a day from level 1 clues just for some extra cash everyday.

Didn't take him too long.. maybe 2 hours max per day.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
It's really possible. A friend of mine we used to pick pocket HAM members for lvl 1 clues. We got really good from it. I think one day I made about 4m in just doing lvl 1's. So it's very possible to get about 8m a day from doing them.
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
Moved to Help & Guides. smile

I wouldn't have a clue. That's some pretty impressive profits if it's legitimate, however I guess you do have to take into account how long he would have played for. If you're pulling a 14 hour day, you'd be far better off camping Frosts or something for cash.
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Lvl 1 clues is a known way to get money, some monsters drop em really fast (minotaurs for example) and they are really fast solvable.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
it sounds unlikely.

We could try it out some day though smile
I've actually been doing this lately, and while it's not astronomically profitable, it can make a tidy sum due to the clues being so quick to obtain and solve. Think about 6-8 clues an hour, with around a quarter of them giving a unique treasure trail reward (excluding biscuits and teleports). While I haven't sold anything I've received from my clues (I'm a fan of stockpiling clue rewards) I would estimate anywhere from 500k-1m an hour depending on how many clues you can do an hour and obviously varying wildly based on rewards.

And for the record, I've found the fastest way to obtain level 1 clues is by thieving the HAM members in their hideout near Lumbridge.