Trimmed Completionist Cape. Worth it?
Thread Closed 

Now as we know, JaGeX recently released the capes of Distinction. Along with this update, the Completionist cape was released. But this cape was much different from normal capes. It provided a lot of benefits on top of what it symbolized. It has the same ability as Ava's equipment, which allows you to pickup arrows. The cape also has Ardougne Cloak 4's abilities with allowing you to teleport to various places, and it counts as a fire cape when on an Ice Strykewyrm task. Along with this it came with an epic emote, and the ability to customize the colors of the cape. However Jagex also released a twist that was unexpected, a trimmed version of the cape. This trimmed version of the cape not only proves that you are the most Epic and powerful of players on RuneScape, but also shows that you have played for quite a long time.

On top of the Completionist Cape Requirements which can be found here. You need a vary of more requirements which will take hours upon hours of time to complete, these include:

4,000 Chompy Kills,
Scabarite research complete,
Highest rune shop unlocked from Ali Morrisane,
All hot-air balloon travel routes unlocked,
Eagle transport routes fully unlocked,
All Smoking Kills sub-bosses unlocked,
Unlock ability to craft all Slayer items and to deliver killing blows quicker,
Master White Knight rank obtained,
Flying broomstick unlocked,
Found all hidden treasure from Making History,
Achieve 1,250+ Conquest rank,
Unlocked the full power of the Ivandis flail,
Played 5,000 games of Castle Wars,
Unlocked maximum access to Mobilising Armies rewards,
Defeated all champions,
Achieve maximum rank in each Barbarian Assault role,
Complete all Court Cases,
Complete 25 chimp ice deliveries,
Find all barbarian notes in the Ancient Cavern,
Unlock all rewards from the Artisans Workshop,
Obtain all circus clothing,
Complete the Dahmaroc statue in your player-owned house, and
Unlock the scroll of cleansing ability.

Now, the completionist cape, which is currently the best cape in the game with +10 to all attack, +12 to all defence, +4.5 to strength and +13 to prayer.

So is it safe to say, for the ability to prove yourself and show that you really are the best of the best that the trimmed version of the cape is worth it? Or are we safe saying that unless you already had the requirements it is not worth your time to attempt to get the trimmed version of the cape.

Post your thoughts.

1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
I don't think the trimmed version is something people will get for it to be useful or anything.
It is for people who have finsihed almost every thing in the game, so they have something to do or work on. I think it is a great idea in my opinion, though the amount of castle war games seems too high. smile
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

I do agree with you, that's A LOT of Castle Wars!
For someone just coming into the game or even someone who hasn't even maxed everything out I don't see it to be something to try and get, like Alchemy said I agree it's a great idea for those who have already done pretty much everything but haven't quite finished the game. Me looking at it being no where near able to touch it, it's a pretty intimidating cape.
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
I'd say it's not.
Unless you enjoy that stuff, I dont see the point in getting it.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
the castle wars and 120 dg isnt worth it - the rest i'd do, being nearly maxed for me rs does get boring and most maxed players focus on 200m skills - this kind of gives them something to keep going with
5,000 castle wars game. I know I'll castle wars a ton after I'll be maxed out in all skills, but 5,000? wow.
Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

i know only 1 person who has the trimmed version right now and i think his name is catlse wars or something lol
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
I want whatever that guy is on. Must be some good stuff if he's the only one with that cape XD
Back in 9 years
[Image: xjWu8.png]
[Image: 2a6jyb5.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Better Max/Comp Cape Designer Ava 3 10,244 2014-08-04 21:52:00
Last Post: Cormag
  Are Rocktails worth it? TomUK3 4 3,761 2013-05-10 00:25:51
Last Post: Wader
  Completionist Calculator Michael 3 3,155 2013-03-10 22:02:54
Last Post: Linspire
  Divine Nro (Angus) Comp Cape Party!!!! Meg 13 8,115 2012-07-28 22:40:54