Dicing/ Dicing Clans. A major breakthrough, Or a ticking time bomb?
Thread Closed 

(2011-05-30 17:24:56)Downfall Wrote:  I'll say it once and I'll say it again. The quality of gameplay within runescape is SEVERELY degrading day by day ever since free trade. This is another addition to the list of psycho money making methods that are being released, IMO this is pure gambling. Take it or leave it, you're likely to lose out in the end.

Hope it dies personally.

Exactly this :/
(2011-05-31 02:54:37)Bonus Wrote:  
(2011-05-30 17:24:56)Downfall Wrote:  I'll say it once and I'll say it again. The quality of gameplay within runescape is SEVERELY degrading day by day ever since free trade. This is another addition to the list of psycho money making methods that are being released, IMO this is pure gambling. Take it or leave it, you're likely to lose out in the end.

Hope it dies personally.

Exactly this :/

Likewise. Jagex has actually told player moderators not to participate in this sort of activity, whether they are legit or not, because it's frowned upon since a lot of people use it for scamming. It just gives off a negative image most of the time. There's been tons of inbox messages warning mods not to do flower games, dice games, etc.

If gambling is your thing, go for it, but I personally wouldn't risk money trying it. As for hosting, I wouldn't do it because I would rather make my money another way. That's just me, though; everyone is different, so I know I will be argued with on this opinion by some.
I have always been one to make my RS money legitimately, I did merch at one point, but it takes away a BIG part of the game in my opinion.
[Image: xjWu8.png]
[Image: 2a6jyb5.png]

I never knew how to merch, and never got involved in those flower games, dicing games. All scams in my opinion...
There are legit dice hosts out there. If you don't take it upon yourself to find the legit clanchats then you deserve to be scammed.

Staking is just the same risk. You get people who abuse bugs and people who rule change etc. You take a risk when you PvM, never know who isn't going to bless your grave.

Making quick money is risky. If you want to mine 1200k gold ore at LRC for your partyhat then by all means go for it.
I've never been one for gambling, in game and in real life so I stay away from anything that isn't going to guarantee me money in the end.

Besides that, I don't trust many ppl in game especially those I've never met before - to me everyone is a scammer if I don't get to know them first lol
(2011-05-31 16:43:44)Meg Wrote:  to me everyone is a scammer if I don't get to know them first lol
Lol I am like that too.

I don't really have a problem at all with it, besides the fact some people use it as a way for scamming. The legit ways seem fine with me.
That being said, I personally would never do this.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Dicing clans are the way forwards. This is why I'm not allowed in SRL.

Because I host games for Sythedice. It's worth trying, as you can either lose 100M, or gain 100M.
Minimum bets are 100k.
(2011-06-01 00:37:11)Jackwootton Wrote:  Dicing clans are the way forwards. This is why I'm not allowed in SRL.

Because I host games for Sythedice. It's worth trying, as you can either lose 100M, or gain 100M.
Minimum bets are 100k.

The reason you are not allowed in Surreal is because you bot accounts and sell them for cash, not because you're in a dice hosting clan. We're very strict about our no-botting and no-RWT rules.
I really like and approve of dicing, its fun, Other than staking, I think its the only way that people can get rich quick while still having a fair chance of winning. Unlike things like pking, you don't need any stats for it and its not limited by the items you have either.
There are many different types of dicing actually not just the method that has been explained here, another one of the more popular ones is this. You find someone that is advertising for a dice game, they will be saying something like 55x2, this means that they will roll a percentile dice (numbered 1 - 100) and if the number is 55 or higher, then will double your money. There is no middle-man for this one, you simply give the host the amount you wish to bet and then he/she rolls his/her dice and then money is paid out if the player wins, if not the host keeps it all. This method is a lot more prone to scam than the other method, as there is no trusted host unless you are in a well known clan chat, for instance 'SM Dicing'. The only people you should trust in such clan chats are the ranked people, anyone else is just a player/scammer. This method can also be bad for the host too if they are actually legitimate and don't just log out when someone bets money. The host pays out from their own pocket, so if someone wins big, it can damage their pockets. Sometimes the host changes the odds and does 52x2, this was each player has an equal chance of winning. The way the hosts earn most of their money is from 1 off high gamblers or from return customers that want to win more, they end up just loosing their bank and getting cleaned because gambling is quite addictive.

Anyway, dicing can be good for people, just keep your whits about you and make sure you don't get scammed. Also don't do anything stupid like I did last night and bet basically your bank, it can go wrong. Sad

(incase you were wondering, I won Biggrin)
[Image: 110531214112.png]
[Image: AaXEhqE.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your "Time Played"? ILoveCatsYum 43 25,573 2015-01-31 20:48:40
Last Post: oef3
  BXP Weekend Gains + Time Wasted AlchemyHawk 23 12,610 2012-10-31 13:05:22
Last Post: Tay
  15yrs Jail time over Runescape.. Meg 21 13,790 2012-08-18 01:10:42
Last Post: Reaping
  Good floor time Angus 12 7,355 2012-08-07 02:39:02
Last Post: AlchemyHawk