Behind the Scenes - June
Thread Closed 

Eager to try out a new item slot? Forget rings, quivers or shoe slots: if you’re fashionable you’ll want an aura slot! Before the release of these buffing items, there’ll be two other updates in which you’ll have to overcome some imposing obstacles: a sea monster in our newest master quest, and a troll invasion in a new distraction and diversion.

Deadliest Catch (members)

This month’s master quest will ring bells for anyone interested in the guaranteed content polls. As named by you, the sea monster Thalassus has been terrorising the cold and inhospitable oceans to the north. No one has survived to sketch a picture of this hulking beast, but the inns are full of rumours: Thalassus is the size of the Wizards’ Tower, they say; sailors are eaten and digested while still alive in its belly.

Fisherman Jones wants to end the scare stories by landing the beast (gaining a little glory in the process). To join him, you’ll need a Fishing level of 70, a Hunter level of 67 and a Thieving level of 60, and there’s wieldable fishing nets on offer, and a range of bank deposit boxes to unlock if you do. The quest also offers you the opportunity to embark ten more times for additional Hunter XP, should you prove to be an enviable harpooner.

Troll Invasion (members)

Forget forum trolls: if you want a real nuisance, you can’t beat the real thing! Trolls are swarming down the hills of Burthorpe and are threatening to lay waste to any imperial guard that gets in their way. Who can stop them? Well, you, of course, but in two very different ways. This month’s single-player distraction and diversion allows you to choose between taking the trolls on in straight combat, or tending the defences that hold them back. Better still, there are no requirements to do so.

Take to the battlefield and you will face 20 waves of increasingly belligerent trolls, from the common mountain troll to the summoning troll, dynamite troll and Cliff, who – you’ve probably guessed – ate an entire cliff face for his first meal. If that proves too easy, there’s a more intense 7 wave version to conquer, which has an increased difficulty level.

For the skill-focussed among you, there is the option of keeping the gatehouse maintained instead. Tend to the ballista, top up the oil vats and repair broken barricades to keep the trolls from being successful. Your actions will increase the morale of the troops, who will fight back with increased vigour. Hold out for 10 minutes (the time it takes for a troll to get hungry for Burntmeat’s cooking) and the victory is yours. You will gain an XP tome for your first defence each month, and smaller XP rewards for any defence you complete after that.

Loyalty Rewards (members)

Last but not least, this month sees a huge selection of exciting rewards that you’ll be able to access through the Members Loyalty Program. Earn Loyalty Points to unlock a fantastic range of items, from custom titles to unique emotes, exclusive new costumes and amazing auras in a new player worn slot.

Don’t forget to register within the first two weeks of launch to take advantage of our introductory offers on the fantastic selection of rewards!

Have fun!

Mod Mark
RuneScape Lead Designer
Only 3 =(

And, loyalty rewards makes me feel bad and I am watching that closely. I think thats the beginning of their own shop.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
(2011-06-01 19:39:52)Smith Wrote:  Only 3 =(

And, loyalty rewards makes me feel bad and I am watching that closely. I think thats the beginning of their own shop.

They've said on their Facebook page that it isn't, it simply takes into account how long you've been a member and credits you accordingly. Nothing to be too worked up about, though I'm curious to see what the highest costing item is, hopefully they're not all unreasonable.

As for the other updates...quest looks fun, hopefully the DND is worth doing for RC exp. Otherwise this will be a slow month.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I've been a member for about 4 1/2 years XD
[Image: Pokemon_logo___Umbreon_by_PrinzeBur.gif]
I hope it isn't straight..because often times my membership runs out before I can renew it. I have been a member for a decent amount of time overall though, so hopefully I can get something decent. smile

I am excited for the new quest, though I doubt I will do the new D&D.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

I imagine it will be total member time Hawk. Im happy about another quest to do though ^.^ Should really do Ele 4 so I can get my QC back lol.
It does not work backwarts. Everybody starts with the same loyalty amount when it is released and you signed in.
(2011-06-03 08:11:47)Smith Wrote:  It does not work backwarts. Everybody starts with the same loyalty amount when it is released and you signed in.

If it is that way there's going to be a lottttt of people really angry. I wouldn't mind personally cuz I think that's what makes the most sense, but I know many people who feel that that would be horrid.

[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Oh that makes sense to me too. smile Either way would be fine with me.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/fo...4,62840865

Quote:Just thought I'd drop by and answer a few questions and concerns.

Q. Are Loyalty Points like Micro Transactions and will Loyalty Points cost extra?
A. No, they're just a different currency if you like, given out to members each month to spend on the various cool rewards.

Q. Will free players get the aura slot?
A. The answer to this is in the name. It may appear on the interface for all players, but only members can equip and use the auras.

Q. Will I get Loyalty Points for any previous membership?
A. Unfortunately not. I refer you back to the following example:

"If you made rewards so that a 9 year member wouldn't be able to instantly buy them all, then it would take 9+ years for anyone to get enough points which isn't ideal.

Q. Will I lose my points if stop being a member?
A. No, once you've earned the Loyalty Points the only way they'll disappear is if you exchange them for the rewards.

Q. What's the best way to earn Loyalty Points?
A. All members will get points. Concurrent members will accumulate points faster than someone who only subscribes for some of the time so it will take longer to unlock the different items and rewards.

Q. If I spot more questions on this that I think need answering what will you do?
A. Answer some of them! Some questions I may leave for the update itself as more details will be given then.

Q. Still here?
A. Just checking!

A few more Q&A's have popped up throughout the thread for those who're interested...

Hope that helps,

Mod Nexus.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  June - Behind the scenes Shawn 6 4,975 2015-06-06 03:35:10
Last Post: Gohankuten
  September Behind the Scenes Downfall 10 9,059 2014-09-01 09:08:00
Last Post: Debs
  Behind the Scenes - March 2014 Gohankuten 2 3,205 2014-03-01 07:39:04
Last Post: Shawn
  Behind the Scenes - February 2014 Gohankuten 8 6,439 2014-02-04 03:51:08