BTS or No BTS?
Thread Closed 

Behind the Scenes gives us our information on the upcoming updates for the month. People are allowed to discuss, criticise & ready up for the updates. When the update comes you know what is coming, the anticipation is dulled slightly.

Behind the Scenes existed a long time ago in Runescape, however they removed for a long period of time until due to requests from players it returned. During the time of no Behind the Scenes we had to live off Twitter pictures and so on. There was also dev blogs more often, these were a great read and I miss them. When the update comes around there's more anticipation, with the information that has been drop fed to you discussion flares. A great example was Dungeoneering, before the acual update they released the name 'Dameonheim' and of course releasing the update, the secret event of the 'Hidden Power'. Behind the Scenes has maybe destroyed this style of hype.

Personally I prefer not having BTS, then again there is a lot I don't agree with Jagex. Post your opinions on it however (:
[Image: Pokemon_logo___Umbreon_by_PrinzeBur.gif]
I think they might not being doing anything because players generally come out with crazy big fantasy updates and when the actual updates come around it's usually (nowadays) lower then what was expected. With greater expectations comes the knock back of greater anger from the community if it isn't what was expected, considering the updates recently, it is more likely that would happen.

Another thing is with future updates being told, players can prepare for them a lot easier, which could be another big reason why Jagex does this.

In my opinion, if it's a update worth hyping, then I think they should. If not then continue what they're doing basically.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
There was also dev blogs more often, these were a great read and I miss them.
[/quote]

This.
I really enjoyed them Sad(
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
I prefer not to have them, because it gives them more of a chance to recall an update if it isn't ready and not have to worry about raging players. Last time they did that was for the While Guthix Sleeps quest, and look how that turned out. Also, I do miss the Dev Blogs, at least on some topics, if one of the funnier mods was the author they were really fun to read.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I liked both ways. smile I I prefer BTS a bit better than the dev blogs but either way I enjoy the read and look forward to the updates.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2011-06-18 11:16:38)Exbajalator Wrote:  In my opinion, if it's a update worth hyping, then I think they should. If not then continue what they're doing basically.

Agree with this. A little bit of both is nice.
I personally think they should have a BTS for the less hype influenced updates and then maybe have a 'Spoiler/Teaser' which you can open only if you want. It wouldn't give it all away, but I think it would give that much needed hype which some announcements deserve.
I never read the BTS :S
I cant remember the last time i actually read through a BTS
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
I read them every month and love reading them.

Dev blogs were also one of my favourite thing to read and I wish they would bring them back.