Behind the Scenes – July
Thread Closed 

(2011-07-02 16:14:42)Crow Wrote:  They really are getting short for quests, doing one for herblore habitat.
Unless I mis-read it, I am pretty sure the Quest is the Sea Slug series, the herblore habitat is something completely different.

(2011-07-02 16:01:53)ReturnFate Wrote:  I'm looking forward to the Jadinko skilling area, however as many people think that whips will become the equal of chaotics I myself am against this. It doesn't make logical sense.
I disagree with that. 80 Slayer takes longer to get than 80 Dungeoneering, and 85 Attack is a higher requirement than that of the Chaotic Rapier. Rapiers will still be used, especially for Strength training. This update adds more variety, especially for those who aren't big dungeoners (which is a lot of people).
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Yup, for me, this whip update, if it is good enough, will replace dung for the moment smile!
Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

I have found the majority of players are excited about this months update, and also the majority were quite disapointed with last months. It seems like Jagex knows when to time their good updates. Wink July looks to be their "redeeming month".

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2011-07-02 17:11:19)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  
(2011-07-02 16:14:42)Crow Wrote:  They really are getting short for quests, doing one for herblore habitat.
Unless I mis-read it, I am pretty sure the Quest is the Sea Slug series, the herblore habitat is something completely different.

(2011-07-02 16:01:53)ReturnFate Wrote:  I'm looking forward to the Jadinko skilling area, however as many people think that whips will become the equal of chaotics I myself am against this. It doesn't make logical sense.
I disagree with that. 80 Slayer takes longer to get than 80 Dungeoneering, and 85 Attack is a higher requirement than that of the Chaotic Rapier. Rapiers will still be used, especially for Strength training. This update adds more variety, especially for those who aren't big dungeoners (which is a lot of people).

In order for the whip to replace the rapier, or even to become the equal, it would need +19 strength bonus. Even with that there are more monsters weak to stab then slash. The rapier will be a far more efficient choice because of this. Mainly because the chance to hit is increased by what the monster is weak to.

As for the arguement of 80 Slayer is a difficult feat, 80 dungeoneering is not a walk in the park to most people. And to add on top of that you have to pay money in order to use the rapier.

Unless the stats on the upgraded whip are extremely overpowered, it won't really change the rapier's dominance. Maybe change the preferred weapon of choice to the upgraded whip? Probably. I'm not saying that the new whip won't be something great to have, I'm just saying it probably won't be as good as the rapier.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
Oh, I mis-interpreted your point. I thought you were saying this update is illogical because it would make rapiers obsolete. I see what you mean now. I agree rapier will likely still be used a lot; it can stregnth, it is the best stab weapon as you said and might have better stats than the whip. Lots of people will still use the upgraded whips I think though. Firt of all as you said DG isn't a walk in the park for lots of people, so this new whip will probably be easier to obtain. It can poison monsters too and is good for those weak against slash. I am not sure what the new special is, but it will have one. I agree that rapier will still be the dominant weapon, as it should be since it is hard to get and is a recent weapon. This new whip will still be pretty widely used though, which is good, especially for slayers (the prices will rise).

I'm excited for this month. The citadels are obviously the biggest thing to happen this summer I bet. I've been pretty happy with Jagex recently, I just wish I had more time to play the game to enjoy them!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  June - Behind the scenes Shawn 6 4,970 2015-06-06 03:35:10
Last Post: Gohankuten
  September Behind the Scenes Downfall 10 9,056 2014-09-01 09:08:00
Last Post: Debs
  Behind the Scenes - March 2014 Gohankuten 2 3,202 2014-03-01 07:39:04
Last Post: Shawn
  Behind the Scenes - February 2014 Gohankuten 8 6,439 2014-02-04 03:51:08
Last Post: Ava
  Behind the Scenes - January 2014 Gohankuten 13 8,742 2014-01-03 06:31:16
Last Post: Bug