Kind of... sad?
Thread Closed 

Well, as you know, I was hacked on my other account, so I started another one called Clay Statue. I just got 10 Woodcutting, and thing popped up...

[Image: forcei.png]

In my opinion, Jagex overrexaggerated it a bit. Do you think Jagex is getting a little greedy on membership?
I'm honestly surprised that they have not done this sooner. The other pay-to-play games I have played that have a free version, they ALWAYS have advertisements in the game to get you to upgrade to the paid version of the game. Almost every level I got, a giant pop up would come up like, "Want to level faster? Click here to subscribe and unlock new training methods!" So I was really surprised Jagex wasn't doing this sooner.

I don't really think it's a big deal. They aren't forcing you into anything, they are just trying to market their product. Yeah, the ads weren't there before, and they may be annoying now, but it's just a marketing tactic. As long as they aren't popping up constantly, I think it's acceptable.

I think that most people are just taken back by it because Jagex has been very lenient in the past with how they advertised. Now that they're finally out there marketing it, people are just confused. That's why I don't really care all that much; I've seen it in so many other games, it doesn't phase me now. XD
I think even if they delete f2p it's still reasonable. 5 dollar a month is nothing. How many houres do we all play? I play like 50 in my irl-busiest months, thats like 0.1$ per hour for amusement. Can it be cheaper?

In my opinion the sad part of all the current f2p movement is not recognising that fact and complaining about not getting the benefits that p2p players get.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
(2011-07-13 19:04:06)Agent Shay Wrote:  I'm honestly surprised that they have not done this sooner. The other pay-to-play games I have played that have a free version, they ALWAYS have advertisements in the game to get you to upgrade to the paid version of the game. Almost every level I got, a giant pop up would come up like, "Want to level faster? Click here to subscribe and unlock new training methods!" So I was really surprised Jagex wasn't doing this sooner.

I don't really think it's a big deal. They aren't forcing you into anything, they are just trying to market their product. Yeah, the ads weren't there before, and they may be annoying now, but it's just a marketing tactic. As long as they aren't popping up constantly, I think it's acceptable.

I think that most people are just taken back by it because Jagex has been very lenient in the past with how they advertised. Now that they're finally out there marketing it, people are just confused. That's why I don't really care all that much; I've seen it in so many other games, it doesn't phase me now. XD

It was just a shock to me, and they really shouldn't advertise such a, in my eyes, useless weapon. Btw, I was member before this account.

(2011-07-13 19:14:58)Smith Wrote:  I think even if they delete f2p it's still reasonable. 5 dollar a month is nothing. How many houres do we all play? I play like 50 in my irl-busiest months, thats like 0.1$ per hour for amusement. Can it be cheaper?

In my opinion the sad part of all the current f2p movement is not recognising that fact and complaining about not getting the benefits that p2p players get.

Most of the time it's not $5 for me, I have to use cards which total either $15 or $25 dollars.s
I personally think its a smart idea by them!, I'm sure they will get many more members because of it! Lets be realistic f2p sucks!! and can hardly be considered runescape
[Image: Sir_Mcglade.png]
Yeah, maybe the dwarven army axe isn't the best thing to advertise, but it's the newest item out right now so they're trying to hype it up I guess.
(2011-07-13 19:48:38)Ryan Wrote:  I personally think its a smart idea by them!, I'm sure they will get many more members because of it! Lets be realistic f2p sucks!! and can hardly be considered runescape

I'm fine with F2P, just some of the players are absolute ****s.
Nothing really unique to MMOs really, surprises me a little to see they've implemented this but hey, they're a business. They're supposed to advertise.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
It does surprise me, and I think that must be kind of annoying or shocking as Shay said for regular F2Pers. It does not seem like that big a deal of course, so not a real problem, but just something I would not be used too. Though I have no issue with it, advertising the dwarven army axe seems stupid to me lol.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Glad Jagex does this, they are a company after all and business is business - f2p get quite a lot of game content as it is, what kind of a company wouldn't push for their players to purchase their product? it's the paying members that keep the company alive not the f2p players, the only reason they have f2p is so you can basically trial the game and if you like it you purchase it each month - it actually shocks me how much there is for f2p players - alot of MMO's don't even offer f2p.