[Answered] Combat Help
Thread Closed 

Hello guys I have 2 questions about melee gear.

first question- I'm almost done with dg and with lots tokens. Is it worth getting a maul, a cls or any shield to help with slayer? or should I leave them for recharge? I dont boss at all, probably will only boss if it is a clan event. I'll use the weapon/shield only to slayer. Also which dg items will help me with slayer. I already got rapier, ccb, anti posion, herbicide, bonecrusher and gem bag.

second question- Right now I'm poor and I need a melee gear for slayer. I was thinking of
slayer helm, cr, body (give me help), dragon platelegs, dragon defender, RoW, dragon boots, Glory and barrow gloves.

Thanks in advance guys
A Chaotic rapier is the best thing you can have for slayer/melee training. Serious, take it! You don't need the others that much, and I recommend you to leave some tokens behind to recharge as it costs a lot of money without tokens.

As body for free, I would say fighter torso. Also good, costs nothing and his strenght bonus is high. For more info on melee, always there to give ya advice ingame. I trained melee since februari on and off. Almost 98 prayer smile
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
For slayer I currently use:
Full Slayer helm
Fury neck
Soul wars cape
Proselyte chest
Dragon defender
Veracs skirt
Barrow gloves
Dragon boots
zerk ring/RoW (depending on task)

Bring EEE for every task except pray tasks.

I use turm/piety for every task. This gear gives a nice prayer bonus and enough defensive bonuses, I barely need to bring food for any task (thanks Soulsplit) Tongue
[Image: a3ceade7d1.png]
[Image: zam-icon.png][Image: newbh.png]
0 > 1
From what Newbh has posted is pretty much what I wore for 99 Slayer > Present EXP now. Only think I didnt have was Verac Skirt. I just used Proselyte Body & Legs. When using Extremes + Turmoil you'll notice you dont need anything else unless you just want to full out destroy every monster as fast as possible.

But other than that... yeah, I would use tokens to re-charge Rapier. But that's just me Wink
No turmoil for him as he said he's poor and only 80 prayer atm.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
(2011-08-18 12:21:37)Smith Wrote:  No turmoil for him as he said he's poor and only 80 prayer atm.

He can piety though. Pray pots are dirt cheap nowadays. Veracs skirt is about 500k over dragon platelegs. But as Danny said, you can use prossy legs.

My inv for most tasks is:
EEE/special attack weapon
2 Extr att
2 Extr str
10-14 pray pots
Cannon+balls (almost all tasks but this is not an option if you're low on cash)
High alch runes for tasks that drop decent items to alch.
[Image: a3ceade7d1.png]
[Image: zam-icon.png][Image: newbh.png]
0 > 1
I won't say much here, as I haven't had extreme amounts of time to experiment with updated gear, etc. But the chaotic maul should be one of the items you obtain if you plan on doing slayer. A few tasks can benefit greatly from having it, such as waterfiends, and wyverns (if you choose to kill them this way).

Also remember that if you plan on using a cannon, the cannon takes it's hits based off your accuracy bonuses. So using a longsword or maul in task where the cannon does the majority of the work, such as dagganoth's, greater demons in the forinthy dungeon, or even cave crawlers.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
(2011-08-18 13:24:55)ReturnFate Wrote:  I won't say much here, as I haven't had extreme amounts of time to experiment with updated gear, etc. But the chaotic maul should be one of the items you obtain if you plan on doing slayer. A few tasks can benefit greatly from having it, such as waterfiends, and wyverns (if you choose to kill them this way).

Also remember that if you plan on using a cannon, the cannon takes it's hits based off your accuracy bonuses. So using a longsword or maul in task where the cannon does the majority of the work, such as dagganoth's, greater demons in the forinthy dungeon, or even cave crawlers.

The maul would be useless at Wyvern, since you need a shield.
The cls is the best weapon in SLASH style at wyvern.
Mauling at Wyvern is kinda top of the line gear for survival.

And yes, you should cannon with the highest possible bonus, preferably cmaul smile

For your current gear, a rune plate/proselyte plate is enough imo.
Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

(2011-08-18 17:40:13)Mikuri Wrote:  
(2011-08-18 13:24:55)ReturnFate Wrote:  I won't say much here, as I haven't had extreme amounts of time to experiment with updated gear, etc. But the chaotic maul should be one of the items you obtain if you plan on doing slayer. A few tasks can benefit greatly from having it, such as waterfiends, and wyverns (if you choose to kill them this way).

The maul would be useless at Wyvern, since you need a shield.
The cls is the best weapon in SLASH style at wyvern.

And yes, you should cannon with the highest possible bonus, preferably cmaul smile

For your current gear, a rune plate/proselyte plate is enough imo.

I forgot how exactly, but you can use a maul at wyverns. You just have to kill them quickly and use a cannon. Only recommended if you have turm and ss.

But I would get the maul for tasks you cannon, or on monsters that are weak to crush. (Gargs, WFs, jadinkos, and any task you want to see high hits)

If you dont want to piety all your task, just get a torags or DH top. Cheap and good defense. Id also get barrows legs, because they are better than dragon. If you are going to piety, get pros top and verac skirt like others said.

I wouldnt worry about using tokens to recharge. If youre slaying, you should get 2m before your chaotic degrades.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Fighter Torso (as Smith said) is probably best for you, free and the strength bonus is helpful. If not, I would just go with Torags (both chest and legs) for some cheaper but good defense stats.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master Skillcapes & Combat Improvements Bowlinmaster 9 6,688 2014-04-30 10:08:09
Last Post: Destriant
  What to train combat on in F2P? And money? GiantSp00n 5 4,597 2013-03-28 19:58:00
Last Post: Gold_Trustee
  A couple combat questions Bug 6 4,665 2013-02-26 08:25:37
Last Post: Bug
  Evolution of Combat l Zephyr l 12 7,994 2012-11-27 18:28:24
Last Post: l Zephyr l
  Evolution of Combat Launches 20th November! AlchemyHawk 23 13,518 2012-11-09 14:18:08
Last Post: Dick