The Branches of Darkmeyer
Thread Closed 

Wasn't bad, hardest quest boss yet, was nice having to do something other than DDS spec and watch die or push a pillar on it
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]
Portus:-
Quote:hardest quest boss yet

Justin, Justin, JUSTIN!!!

NOOOOOOOEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me Nomad was harder?!?!? PLEASE!!!!!

*hides under bed*
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Yes, Nomad is harder.

This boss is easy smile And really fun imo, it was the nicest fight I've done in RS ^^
Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

Died two times, went in with prossy gear instead of veracs because it got destroyed and without tort because I was tired of loosing them when I died. Killed him with low hp and one dose brew left. Didn't notice my OVL running out so I had like 1str/att when I killed him :x

Overall was a good quest and I did it without a guide, but I feel that it was a bit short for the massive XP reward it gave. And the new weapons are just awesome for killing vyres Yahoo
[Image: a3ceade7d1.png]
[Image: zam-icon.png][Image: newbh.png]
0 > 1
Took me 6 tries to do the boss.

However, I found on my last try (the first time I used BoB with Rocktails), it was alot easier, I even had 7 Sara Brews and 7 Super Restores left at the end Biggrin

The lag is the main problem when trying to kill the boss though, he isn't actually difficult.
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

Can't wait to try this quest, but gonna start on it after BXP weekend probably, since RC skill week and BXP will keep me busy until then.
Ubersantaclaus:-
Quote:The lag is the main problem when trying to kill the boss though, he isn't actually difficult.

Absolutely right!

Nomad is still the hardest in my opinion. Lag is the true difficulty factor here.

Didn't enjoy it as much as others seemed to.
I found myself wasting a lot of time waiting for paths to clear of Vyrewatch and Werewolves, along with the usual utter frustration of trying to find out how to get down again from the top of a room in town...

Rewards were massive.
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Hopefully I don't struggle too much on the boss, looking forward to doing this clan! smile
Will do it later this week.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

I went ahead and did the quest, just to knock it out. Must say that it was very fun and I was able to nail the boss in my first attempt. He was pretty easy, nowhere near as bad as Nomad was. Just be prepared to run around a lot (go to the hot springs and get infinite run energy before the fight) and bring brews/super restores with a beast of burden carrying them as well. I didn't even need to use my BoB's supplies, but it's nice to have in case something goes wrong.

My strategy for beating the boss (Click to View)
The teleport medallion given by the quest is epic for getting around morytania. When inside morytania it has unlimited teleports and it gives teleport to burgh de rot, darkmyre, barrows, the myreque base in meiryditch, and the laboratory in meiryditch that goes to mutated bloodvelds. And you recharge it in burgh de rot so it teles right to recharge. But the big significance is darkmyre to barrows unlimited teleports. Darkmyre has an altar and a bank meaning you can do barrows runs easily without using any prayer pots or any food(except on verac who hits through prayer). Also makes it good for say collecting sacred oil for making pyre logs as you can tele to burgh de rot to bank saving some time.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]