JaGeX's Absymal Customer Service
Thread Closed 

JaGeX customer service = non-existant.

Once upon a time they had a tab on the home page where you could simply click, login and send a query to customer service. Sure, it would take maybe a few days or upto a week to get a reply but you were guaranteed to get one sent to your account inbox.

Now, we have the RSOF's, where we must contend with trolls and rely on other players for answers, you're lucky if you can tempt a JaGeX employee to look at a thread you have made, never mind getting them to post in it.

For a game the size of RuneScape, customer service is a MUST, with the money they have, they can surely take on extra staff and train purely for customer service purposes.

I went to JaGeX in February this year for a job and whilst in the main area where all the reports are handled, there was a screen showing how many reports were currently in the system waiting to be looked at. The numbers were absolutely shocking. You're talking over 10k queries in total.

JaGeX's current idea of customer service is to interact "more" with the community and clans. Sorry, but this does not constitute customer service in any way, shape or form. It is merely a chance for WBM's to brown finger Mods in the hope of getting a crown (no dis-respect to our current in game mods *looks at Shay*).

We're paying customers for a massive online game, with millions in the bank (Andrew and Paul were listed in the FHM Rich List 3 years ago and JaGeX was listed as the main reason for this). As paying customers we're entitled to some sort of decent customer service, not automated responses that we get now when we submit mute appeals or something of the sort. There was also a time that when you submitted a report for somebody botting you would get a reply (albeit automated) on whether the offender had been dealt with or not. At least you knew your report was being looked at.

This bring me onto mute appeals. I had a 3 day mute a few weeks back. I submitted an appeal and it took A MONTH for them to get back to me. What is the point in being able to appeal a mute if it's going to take them a month just to look at it? Again, more staff would be useful here.

When I went for my interview there, there were well over 20 people with me, and there were 100 over the course of a week. We were there for Player Support roles. In my past experience with customer service rolls and along with the others, I feel we made an excellent impression and we all did well in the interviews, why didn't they just take us all on?

It might even be an idea if they could get people to do customer service where they work from home, and still get paid for it (obviously).

WoW has excellent customer support from what I have heard, JaGeX could take a leaf out of their book.

/rant.

[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

I hear Blizzard takes insanely quick to respond, like 30 mins. O_o
[Image: Rarely_Lucky.png]

[Image: spinner_big.gif]
I hope you get the job and fix runescape.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Customer service is very often a hard thing to get right, especially on a global scale and with such a volume of reports as JaGex receives.

That said, the current system they have is a steaming pile of shit. They've got automated responses that often don't even fit the report that was sent, proving some if not the majority don't even get read. It's kinda sad.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I have not had much interaction with Jagex since I rarely ever report players and I do not really have a reason to send them anything.
But if this is really this bad, that sucks. Sad The solution is very simple too, just hire more staff.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Jagex just don't give a shit about the customers. They are just trying to squeeze as much money as they can out of runescape before it dies.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
Been waiting about a year for replies on some issues, it really is disgusting.

Can you blame them though? We still play (for now, they've accepted the end is near for the game I believe) and pay so why fund it? Jagex don't care about reputation any more- it's not like it brings them any money in.

They're a business and if providing a service you'll make a loss it's not worth putting into the game.

Quite disgusting us as players let them do it though- it wouldn't be tolerated in any other business (except BT I suppose)
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]
I just wanted to point out that they are still making tons of money from the game, I do not think it will be closing soon. To a lot of people the game is getting crapier, but they are still making money so they will keep the game going. I am going kind of off-topic, sorry, just wanted to point that out.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2011-09-22 02:27:49)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  I just wanted to point out that they are still making tons of money from the game, I do not think it will be closing soon. To a lot of people the game is getting crapier, but they are still making money so they will keep the game going. I am going kind of off-topic, sorry, just wanted to point that out.

I think Jagex will jump ship when their new game comes out.

[Image: spinner_big.gif]
(2011-09-22 03:15:40)Rarely Lucky Wrote:  
(2011-09-22 02:27:49)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  I just wanted to point out that they are still making tons of money from the game, I do not think it will be closing soon. To a lot of people the game is getting crapier, but they are still making money so they will keep the game going. I am going kind of off-topic, sorry, just wanted to point that out.

I think Jagex will jump ship when their new game comes out.

No one will play that. Or I wont.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trolled by Jagex lol Kakerrot 13 6,654 2017-03-31 21:17:13
Last Post: Kakerrot
  Survey of 120 Slayer by Jagex ChangingLane 11 7,148 2017-02-07 03:30:32
Last Post: Kakerrot
  Jagex clearly isnt 99 construction... Kamizura 3 2,781 2016-09-22 23:43:46
Last Post: Jerome
  Conned by Jagex Dave 7 4,636 2012-10-31 11:34:48