Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
2 15.38%
4 - It's pretty good.
3 23.08%
3 - Not bad.
0 0%
2 - Could be better.
4 30.77%
1 - Not worth it.
3 23.08%
0 - Hate it.
0 0%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
1 7.69%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Pit
Thread Closed 

Sorry for the lateness on this one, thanks to UberSanta for pointing it out!

Welcome, pesky human, to The Pit! The name’s Scrambles the Werewolf, and I’d like to commend you on your exceptional taste in distractions and diversions.

What’s that? You don’t remember how you got here? Well, you showed a general nimbleness at one of RuneScape’s many agility courses. Snotgut, my sidekick, has written a list of the agility courses and dropped it in a summary box at the bottom of this newspost for you. Go have a look once we’ve finished talking. You see, by gracefully completing several agility laps, you were lucky enough to catch the Talent Scout’s eye and he called you over with his big blue fist. After a chat, he whisked you to The Pit to see ol’ Scrambles and Snotgut, so that you could test your luck on one of our six knee-knocking ‘surprises’:

Floor is Lava
High-Low There
Karaoke
Put the Thing in the Other Thing
Punch the Hungry Sheeps
Crate Expectations

That’s them right there. Proud of those titles, we are. We’ll pick which game you play – at random, of course, as there are no favourites here. Fail at the task and we’ll hand you some of that XP you adventurers seem to like nowadays. Won’t be much, mind: roughly the same you’d have got from the agility course you just left. Knock our hairy socks off with your agility skills, though - beating the diabolical tasks we set you - and you’ll be taken backstage for a bumper batch of XP, a chance to gamble it all, and a gorilla mask. Why a gorilla mask, I hear you ask? Because we think you’ll look...uh...dashing in it. Ha!

Once we’re finished, you’ll be dropped back where you started, where you may/may not have a memory of what happened at the dreaded, befuddling, fantastical Pit! Mwahahahaha!

Scrambles (AKA mod_giragast)
Agility Werewolf and RuneScape Content developer

Summary:
How to start The Pit:

Complete successful laps at the following courses and you might catch the Talent Scout’s fist eye:

Gnome Stronghold Agility Course (basic and advanced)
Agility Pyramid
Barbarian Outpost Agility Course (basic and advanced)
Ape Atoll Agility Course
Wilderness Agility Course
Werewolf Agility Course
Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Course

Requirements to start The Pit:

None. As long as you are a member, you can enter The Pit at any level – simply complete successful laps of an Agility course and then talk to the Talent Scout if you are lucky enough to attract his attention (a yellow arrow will appear above the Talent Scout if you can play The Pit).

In other news...

If you’ve got a level 99 Agility skillcape, you can get a sneak peek at The Pit by simply talking to the Talent Scout.

You can now type up to 255 characters in a private message.

Patch notes for this update: (Click to View)
Pretty interesting news regarding The Pit.

I haven't actually taken part in it yet, but once I start up on Agility again I'll be looking forward to trying it out.

I'm a bit 50/50 in the way that JaGeX keep bringing more things out to get exp - on one side of the coin it's good to have different methods of getting exp, but on the other side it's a bit of a kick in the teeth for the players who got the exp the good ol' way.

Some good patch notes too :-)
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

Looks pretty decent to me. Nothing amazing..but something fun to do while agilitilizing. smile
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

One thing that really makes it stand out atm (until jagex figures this out) is that as you can only do "the Pit" once per hour, you can go do something else until the hour is up than do agility again til "the Pit" and so on, works for me got 5/6 experiences in pit so far.
Luck based and still get exp for failing.
Noticing so far all Pit events are different so no repeats until you do all I presume, then maybe random?
[Image: Freewendy.png] [Image: x_3ba634e5-1.gif]

I dont see this as a necessairy change or implement in the game. And as for new content its a bit small, isnt it?
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
Anything to break the monotony of Agility, I'm all for. Can only be a good thing.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
great update smile

I love the idea smile it takes us away from the agility grind Tongue
Hm probably because I'm a noob but it still kind of confuses me. So it says he will call you over if you earn a bonus exp after completing a lap or w.e but at the ape course, you don't get a bonus.. yet the scout is standing there o.o confused..
| G&A | PVP Team |
[Image: guitar_girl_by_nmayfair-d3ailti.png]
Gift; Nik
keep running he will whistle for you, and beware he's actually really evil, listen to his laugh.
At ape take talisman off before you talk to him smile
[Image: Freewendy.png] [Image: x_3ba634e5-1.gif]

I have two problems with it

a) 100% luck based- completing the challenges is all luck, as is even getting the commander
b) Doing the event is slower exp than just doing the barbarian assault advanced course. Maybe it's more beneficial at lower levels but I think I'll be ignoring him Sad
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]