Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
2 28.57%
4 - It's pretty good.
1 14.29%
3 - Not bad.
2 28.57%
2 - Could be better.
1 14.29%
1 - Not worth it.
0 0%
0 - Hate it.
0 0%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

One Piercing Note
Thread Closed 

When the wind is right, the hearts of weary desert travellers may be lifted by the sound of pure voices in beautiful song. The Sisters of Saint Elspeth are a Saradominist order resident at the Citharede Abbey, to the east of Al Kharid, who are devoted to extolling their god’s glory through music.

Recently, there has been a violent murder within the abbey. The ever-practical abbess has managed to keep the details of the death from the sisters to prevent panic, and has no wish to expose the sacred haven of the abbey to the rigours of the Kharidian authorities. She has asked Saradomin for a miracle, and you may just be the agent of providence that she’s praying for.

Question the inhabitants of the abbey and the leader of the wandering minstrels outside, all fully voice-acted and with several specially recorded musical tracks, and solve the mystery to put an end to this threat.

Rewards include a modest amount of Prayer XP, a set of robes that allow you to restore prayer points at musicians along with your run energy, and a new Crafting and Prayer activity for those with god books.

While it’s possible to complete One Piercing Note without sound, the extensive audio work adds a great deal to it. Turn up your speakers, or put on your headphones, and enjoy!

Mod John A

To start One Piercing Note:

Head east from Al Kharid over the stile and speak to Sister Catherina outside of the Citharede Abbey.

Requirements:

No levels are required to start and complete One Piercing Note.
This is a members’ quest.
Once the quest is complete, a new activity involving god books will become available. This activity requires level 60 Prayer and Crafting.

In Other News...

If you haven’t already, take a look at our newest ‘Lores and Histories’ story: The Song From Before the War. This recounts the legend of Saint Elspeth, around whose remains the Citharede Abbey was founded.

Patch notes for this update: (Click to View)
Right now I can't say it affects me in any way. I'm not a quest fan so I could care less that a new quest came out.
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
Really awesome step toward more voice acting, and a pretty fun quest to boot. Not the best rewards, but hey, that's not what it's always about.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
I love (new) quests! Good

Having voices for a change sounds intriguing. Grin

Could this be a new development for Runescape?
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Guessing so Jon, love the voice acting and the sound effects as you get closer to the choir etc. Was a nice quest if I didn't get stuck on something silly (Ran away from people chatting without finishing the conversation so that it didn't tick off them as being talked to yet >.<). Agreed the reward could of been better, but it was nice either way ^^
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
Its not bad, I did it right after the update was released when I logged back in. It was alittle frusterating at some points but it was ok I guess..not proud of the rewards kindof useless in my opinion but meh

but I like how the npc voicing is added. Although when I quest I just quickly quick through dialog so I didnt actually sit there and listen to all of it lol
[Image: sylvanas_wow_sig_by_katzenfan-d54n86z.png]
How does the voice acting in the quest compare with the wall guy at the Dominion Tower? I thought that guy was way too quiet.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
(2011-11-08 08:24:14)DaveZZilla Wrote:  How does the voice acting in the quest compare with the wall guy at the Dominion Tower? I thought that guy was way too quiet.

Pretty clear and wasn't quiet for me. You may of needed to turn up your volume for the wall guy, but with these people in the quest it's a lot easier then the wall guy as well since they don't have the sound of rock grinding when they speak as well like the wall guy did.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
I really enjoyed the quest, didn't have the volume on during the whole quest though.
Nice music too. ^_^
Rewards are pretty good in my opinion too, 50k-110k Prayer exp and up to 60k Crafting exp, every little helps. Wink
As I have a Quest Cape it is probably in my best interests to do this quest, and I would like to hear the voice acting.

I do not like quests with no requirements though because I know the rewards will be sucky, and I don't like the idea of having to talk to loads of people for interviews because that can usually get frustrating and dull after the first few people.

I can give a better insight once I have done the Quest but I can't really say that I'm looking forward to it.
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]