Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
4 33.33%
4 - It's pretty good.
3 25.00%
3 - Not bad.
2 16.67%
2 - Could be better.
0 0%
1 - Not worth it.
0 0%
0 - Hate it.
0 0%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
3 25.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Polypore Dungeon
Thread Closed 

In an isolated cave, deep beneath the River Salve, sits a solitary gorajo ramokee. Born as a skinweaver, she was destined to serve her tribe as a healer, but now she has abandoned them and settled in Gielinor where she can use her skinweaving powers for her own amusement. She revels in the joy of creating bizarre, powerful monsters from the local wildlife, and watches as adventurers are drawn to her cave for battle and plunder. Her only other company is a strange little merchant, who was driven mad by a tragic loss and now lives as a hermit within the cave.

By imbuing the native fungi with her powers, and growing them all over the beasts of the cave, she has created entirely new creatures. Her power, residing in the fungi, makes the beasts extremely resilient to physical melee and ranged damage, so you should come packing magic (although a dwarf multicannon will also be useful). Many of the creatures cannot be harmed at all, except by the most skilled slayers. With some basic Herblore skill, you (or a friend) can weaken the cave’s inhabitants by preparing neem oil and splashing it on to them.

You can turn the skinweaver’s power to your own advantage by gathering flakes of fungus as you slay these abominations. Skilled crafters will be able to sew the flakes on to mycelium garments, sold by the merchant near the entrance, to make new kinds of protective mage armour. There’s a new food item that has a chance to grant life point regeneration when struck in PVP, as well as a powerful battlestaff with an inherent attack spell, usable without runes and regardless of your currently active spell book.

Don’t forget to visit the gift shop on the way out!

Mod Ash

To enter the Polypore Dungeon:

Head north from the Duel Arena bank and cross the bridge onto the little island, or dial BIP into the fairy ring network.

Requirements:

You must be a member to access the Polypore Dungeon. While there are no requirements to enter the dungeon and its inhabitants are non-aggressive, a high Magic level will allow you to tackle its more powerful denizens.

There are two multi-way combat areas within the dungeon: one requiring 73 Agility and the other requiring 82 Dungeoneering.

Some enemies require a high Slayer level to be harmed at all.

The protective mage armour requires certain levels in both Magic and Defence to wear.

Level 80 Magic and Attack are required to wield the new polypore staff. A Farming level of 80 is required to construct it.

The Slayer masters will not assign polypore creatures as targets to anyone with a Magic level below 60 (for the ganodermic and grifolic creatures) or 50 (for the fungal magi).

In other news…

- An additional slot has been added to the Slayer rewards interface to let you block one more assignment, if you have 300 quest points. You can block all the polypore creatures using a single slot.

- Due to popular demand, we have added a number of high-quality audio files from Dominion Tower and One Piercing Note to the downloads page.

- In the interests of account security, and to aid in the development of future email-based security updates, we will be introducing mandatory email validation for new accounts later this week. Those creating new accounts will be required to complete a verification process through a valid email address. Full details will be given during the creation process.

- We’ve introduced the ability to switch on bloom lighting effects to the graphics options menu. There are now bloom effects available in many areas of the game, and we will continue to improve and add to these effects in the future.

Patch notes for this update: (Click to View)
Kind of weird that the new equipment has almost as good of stats as Virtus armor does, definitely a hit to those who own Virtus and means this armor will be rising in price real quick. Definitely excited to take a trip there once everything calms down a bit.

Also some cool little mini updates on the end, like the added block slot for 300+ quest points. Good to see they still do those necessary little things.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
The new equipment is epic stat wise. Though Jagex needs to add some penalties to melee so that it isn't the new dhide for meleers to bypass the triangle with. And I think the price of these robes will be lower than expected since from what I have heard it is easy to get them. This will also crash virtus armour which is good.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
Haven't been to it yet.
I went first to check it out then later in the day went to test drops, some good 2nds for herb, but limited inventory means leaving a lot on the ground, suggested to jagex a bank chest would be good Tongue
Lots getting effigies (i'm never that lucky even after 3hrs there)
Magic 99's will be faster for some now smile
[Image: Freewendy.png] [Image: x_3ba634e5-1.gif]

I was amazed when I saw the stats of the items, they're so high! I quite like the new monsters smile And the graphics in the cave are amazing! Biggrin
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]
I haven't been to the place yet but by the looks of it you get really good seed drops there.
[Image: FV39kOB.gif]
from the little time i spent there, it looked really cool but it was really packed i cant say much about the monsters till it dies down a bit.
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
I have heard that Jagex is gonna cut some of the slash def on the poncho since it is so outrageous that it has more slash def than a torva platebody. Also heard they are gonna increase degrade time so it will last longer which will make it nicer. I have also heard that wearing the full set increases flake drop rate from the monsters but that is unconfirmed rumor.

(2011-11-29 23:53:52)Zooperman Wrote:  from the little time i spent there, it looked really cool but it was really packed i cant say much about the monsters till it dies down a bit.

How the heck can it be packed when there are 3 separate large areas with the monsters in them? There's the resource dungeon, the agil shortcut, and the main portion.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
Went there mainly for effigies, cause they are lvl 280. I got 6 sticks before 1 effigy. So ill stick to cave crawlers. I did make a nice little profit though. Prolly close to 20m.

Even with the upcoming updates, everything is dropping in price way to quick. But w/e
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dungeon chats for exp weekend Wendy 1 2,347 2011-11-12 00:19:42
Last Post: Exbajalator
  Answered [help] dungeon question Mini Kniight 1 1,994 2011-03-27 00:54:51
Last Post: l Zephyr l
  God Wars Dungeon – The Nex Big Thing Bug 5 7,799 2011-02-24 10:01:59
Last Post: Bug
  Broken C1 F3 dungeon Rory 5 4,346 2011-02-08 18:32:51
Last Post: Grish