A Different Style of Dungeoneering
Thread Closed 

I've been doing a few dungeons lately with a group I read about on the forums:

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/g=...888,goto,1

What they do is kill every single monster in every room excluding dead ends. I've only done warps so far but the average time I've experienced with them is about 33 minutes- maybe 50% longer than a standard rush map of the same level.

You can guarantee achieving 0 deaths nearly every map and also achieve a positive level mod; maybe +5% as opposed to -17%. This gives you significantly more experience per floor- I got 190k for floor 56 whereas I'd estimate my previous average was nearer the 140k mark.

I'm not suggesting that this method is faster than the rush method but it's similar- much more so than I ever imagined. They appeal to more of a skilling side of players (though fishing/woodcutting is forbidden) so I thought I'd share the page here; especially with the SWC coming up.

They are a 100+ group by the way.

As I said, I'm not suggesting it's quicker overall experience but it's only slightly slower, more experience before having to do the bloody c1s and debatably more fun; depending on how you play.

It's not a clan btw, I'm not advertising one at all, just a friend's chat to form teams in which I thought may help some people who aren't currently DG fans or can't find a decent team doing a non-rush style smile
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]
Thanks for the info Justin! Biggrin

I personally would do this method due to the simple fact that it wont be all about fast times, deaths and no trolling each other. With the times you've stated it would be pretty much the same as W77 teams which is perfect and very nice motivation for me to get 120 in the future smile

Edit: I signed up to give it a try ^^
Wow that sounds awesome, thanks for sharing Justin!
It will be a loong time before I am level 100 and they may not even be around anymore, but this is definetely a style of dungeoneering that sounds more appealing to me. Biggrin
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

that's my style of dungeon too, signed up too
[Image: Freewendy.png] [Image: x_3ba634e5-1.gif]

It's a real shame the founder got his dungeoneering so high before he decided he wanted to have fun. As much as the casual approach appeals to me and as much as I'd like to sign up I'm not ever going to train that high for the same reason the group was founded. Rushing floors for xp isn't fun and there aren't any alternatives for training the skill at a reasonable pace.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Thanks for this info
I prefer doing a slower dung but with no deaths
If I dg again I'll give it a try
There is also a more relaxed dungeoneering group with no requirements
Must not rage quit ever
D Squires w92
mostly occ floors
[Image: Freewendy.png] [Image: x_3ba634e5-1.gif]

Appreciate the link, Justin, this will be very helpful, especially with the upcoming skill week!
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Thanks for this Biggrin
Wub
[Image: teamsara.png]
[Image: benfas.png]
[Image: k2o37l.jpg]
I LOVE this style of dungeoneering..it is so much more enjoyable to do and the experience is still great, plus as was said in the topic less c1 rushes. Thanks for getting the clan started on this Justin. Wub
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for a dungeoneering party/partner Exciled 9 6,928 2014-01-20 19:02:06
Last Post: Rufus010
  Dungeoneering team Linspire 0 2,018 2013-07-31 13:20:06
Last Post: Linspire
  Dungeoneering Weekend Bug 6 5,004 2012-12-14 17:47:39
Last Post: Smith
  eoc dungeoneering binds Dave 13 9,099 2012-11-22 20:58:35
Last Post: Gohankuten
  Dungeoneering XP & Gravestones AlchemyHawk 5 4,371 2012-11-15 23:30:12
Last Post: Bug