[Answered] Stupid question really...
Thread Closed 

I kind of want an opinion on if I should get combat. Since I'm a member, should I? I'm a level 3 skiller and I have 762k in gold right now.

So, I guess, what would be the best equipment besides armor / weapons (I can easily cover those) I could get with the cash I have right now?
it is up to you really, level 3 skillers are cool, but they are definitely harder. If you feel like training combat, then do it!
Personally, though I love to skill, feel like combat is an essential part of the game.

Well if I were you I would buy Iron armour, then an Iron/Mithril/Adamant/Rune Weapon. Train all your levels to 40 switching your weapon each time you can (no point in buying tons of armour for a short period of time though). Once you get to 40 Defence, buy Rune armour. smile
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

It's your call. You're missing out on a lot of game content and making parts of the game more difficult by not training combat. For me it would be an easy choice, but if you feel it's worth it then don't let my opinion change your mind.

In fact I would urge you to hold off on combat until you've trained most of your other skills a little bit. Once you have tried everything you will have a better idea of what impact your decision has, and maybe that will help you make a choice.

For your equipment question, a lot of it revolves around your decision on whether you will train combat. Either way, though, I recommend getting an amulet of glory (25k) and a combat bracelet (27k) Both have nice teleports, and they will be the best you can get for a long time for those equipment spots even if you do train combat.

If you're not training combat: Get a full set of iron armor and a crossbow. Iron is the best armor you can get, so you'll be wearing it forever. A crossbow with no ammo will save you from attacking something by accident. Beyond that, you should pay attention to what you gain access to as you level up. There are more useful equipment items than I can list here, and a lot of them are unlocked as you play the game and gain levels in other skills.

If you are training combat:
-Get scimitars from iron up to rune to fight with.
-If you're willing to spend the money, you can buy warrior ring for around 200k to improve your accuracy.
-Buy either iron or steel armor without a helmet, and replace it with rune armor at 40 defence.
-Do the Blood Pact quest, then fight your way through the catacombs and get the five mask pieces and all of the statuettes. The mask gives you a small accuracy bonus and you probably won't be needing the defence bonus from a helmet anytime soon. Eventually you can do The Fremennik Trials and replace the mask with a warrior or berserker helm.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
It comes down to what you enjoy. If you're having fun as a skiller, stay a skiller. What I did on the skiller I had for a while (and no longer play) was I skilled until I got rather bored with not having access to certain areas, and then slowly set increasingly higher combat goals in line with quest (like Fremennik Trials, Dragon Slayer, etc) and kept skilling as well. I didn't jump straight in, and always kept my skilling side, but I never made combat into a grind. Being a mid level skiller (somewhat along the lines of how Saul's/FM Radio's account is) I find I much much more enjoyable than a level 3 skiller.

These are just suggestions, however, as I said in the end it comes down to what you find enjoyable.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
as someone that hates combat I still can't understand why people would deliberately not train it and call themselves a skiller - att/str/def/hp/range/mage/prayer are all still essentially "a skill" so in my opinion should still be trained, a level 3 really does miss out on so much content that I just can't understand why you'd limit yourself so much.

In saying that though, everyone has their own gamestyle, we each play this game how we like so if being a lvl 3 means so much to you then stick with being a lvl 3.

With the armour, I agree with Micah (AlchemyHawk) - good luck smile
(2012-01-07 22:28:26)Meg Wrote:  as someone that hates combat I still can't understand why people would deliberately not train it and call themselves a skiller - att/str/def/hp/range/mage/prayer are all still essentially "a skill" so in my opinion should still be trained, a level 3 really does miss out on so much content that I just can't understand why you'd limit yourself so much.

In saying that though, everyone has their own gamestyle, we each play this game how we like so if being a lvl 3 means so much to you then stick with being a lvl 3.

With the armour, I agree with Micah (AlchemyHawk) - good luck smile

The RS Wiki calls them "Skill Pures". What would you call a level 3 with no combat stats... :o

But thanks everyone!
Yeah that's usually what I call a lvl 3 skiller, they are "pure skillers", that being said "pure skillers" include those that manage to get dungeoneering past 1, but staying at cbt lvl 3 at the same time.
A "skiller" is just someone who's preference is to train non-combat skills. So in a sense everyone at Surreal is basically a skiller (Or I would assume anyway, as it's a skilling based clan).

As for the original question in my opinion from looking at your account so far, there's not much completed so far upon it in the whole scheme of things and as a skillers goal. If you intend on having multiple accounts (which it doesn't sound like you do) then I think keeping the account as a skiller would be fine, as you'll still experience the game as a whole. Otherwise I personally wouldn't bother keeping it as a skiller, it's not something many I have seen at all follow through with for the entirety of their accounts 'life' and if you don't plan to keep it a skiller forever then it's essentially just wasting time that you could of used earlier on, due to not doing the fastest methods possible at the levels you're at.

The other big reason for not keeping it as a skiller if you don't plan on having multiple accounts is as Meg said, you miss out on a huuuge portion of the games content and it takes away from the fun.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
This topic has been marked as answered. If you believe this is wrong please PM a staff member.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random xp question. Rawries 7 5,634 2013-03-20 21:56:34
Last Post: Rawries
  Juju Potions Question and Suggestions Specttrall 8 6,087 2012-11-30 04:47:17
Last Post: Specttrall
  Answered Question about the Squeel or Wheel of Fortune. Huey 2 3,302 2012-11-03 21:16:10
Last Post: Huey
  Answered BXP question AlchemyHawk 25 14,238 2012-03-24 05:30:37
Last Post: Shay
  Answered chinchompa question Nadhazazon 7 4,522 2011-10-17 22:20:08
Last Post: Shay