Landmark Jagex Victory Over Bots in Legal Battle
Thread Closed 

Ok they said that they are under injunction to not even mention Jagex, the lawsuit, or Runescape yet they mention all 3 in that post. So doesn't this mean they owe Jagex another $1m?

And all I can say is GF idiot botters. Now everyone that has used iBot for botting is gonna get shafted now that Jagex has all their names lol.

And Eval I have copied your post and put in on Runescape Community as well and gave you credit for the original post. Want to see what Zybez people think of this.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
(2012-01-21 21:29:21)Gohankuten Wrote:  Ok they said that they are under injunction to not even mention Jagex, the lawsuit, or Runescape yet they mention all 3 in that post. So doesn't this mean they owe Jagex another $1m?

And all I can say is GF idiot botters. Now everyone that has used iBot for botting is gonna get shafted now that Jagex has all their names lol.

And Eval I have copied your post and put in on Runescape Community as well and gave you credit for the original post. Want to see what Zybez people think of this.

As this is sort of an apology message, it's very doubtful that it would lead to them paying $1m, since they wouldn't be stupid enough to do it if so
Wub
[Image: teamsara.png]
[Image: benfas.png]
[Image: k2o37l.jpg]
Lol they finally get what they deserve
[Image: FV39kOB.gif]
I think they would be allowed to make their customers aware and it is basically an apology to Jagex and to let their cheating community know that botting is not worth it, sucks to be a botter today with your information being sent to Jagex LOL this is such a big win for Jagex and legit players - makes me very proud of Jagex especially since they have had nothing but flack about bots and here they were trying to fight them for the last two years.
(2012-01-22 01:50:08)Meg Wrote:  I think they would be allowed to make their customers aware and it is basically an apology to Jagex and to let their cheating community know that botting is not worth it, sucks to be a botter today with your information being sent to Jagex LOL this is such a big win for Jagex and legit players - makes me very proud of Jagex especially since they have had nothing but flack about bots and here they were trying to fight them for the last two years.

Problem was they never let us know that they were doing this. It always seemed to us that they were just rolling over and letting the bots rampage. It's the big reason they came in 3rd in the golden joystick this year instead of getting 1st like they thought they would. Most RS players voted for another game on purpose due to the bots and the seemingly lack of effort on Jagex's part to combat them. Had they at least been giving more updates on their efforts people might have held out.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
whilst they did keep us in the dark, maybe the weren't able to speak about the lawsuit - I don't know, whilst the botting was a very big problem I am in the end proud of Jagex for going this far with it.
I believe they kept things secret because they were closer and closer to finding the solution to stop them once and for all. Had they been publicizing every step they took, or even just a few steps, they would have been giving warning to the bot makers/users and they could have done more to prevent it by changing their software or finding other ways to evade the nuke. It sucks that the player base didn't know more about what was going on behind the scenes, but I think it was necessary to produce the results we now see today. Just my two cents.
GJ Jagex! Biggrin
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]
(2012-01-22 02:50:27)Agent Shay Wrote:  I believe they kept things secret because they were closer and closer to finding the solution to stop them once and for all. Had they been publicizing every step they took, or even just a few steps, they would have been giving warning to the bot makers/users and they could have done more to prevent it by changing their software or finding other ways to evade the nuke. It sucks that the player base didn't know more about what was going on behind the scenes, but I think it was necessary to produce the results we now see today. Just my two cents.

Agreed, makes a lot of sense smile

Speaking of the golden globes, I voted for games I'd never played- really didn't feel there was any way they were the best out there in any of the available categories and couldn't bear to see them win Tongue

Not expecting to see all those who did bot get punished unfortunately but fingers crossed! A full reset of every stat botted to 0exp along with one more stat chosen at random per botted skill seems like a fair punishment to me Tongue
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]
(2012-01-22 02:50:27)Shay Wrote:  I believe they kept things secret because they were closer and closer to finding the solution to stop them once and for all. Had they been publicizing every step they took, or even just a few steps, they would have been giving warning to the bot makers/users and they could have done more to prevent it by changing their software or finding other ways to evade the nuke. It sucks that the player base didn't know more about what was going on behind the scenes, but I think it was necessary to produce the results we now see today. Just my two cents.

You're probably right. I hate being kept in the dark about these things, but any details they let out ultimately would have hurt their efforts. And that "we're fighting the bots" rhetoric didn't have anyone convinced anyway. Based on their recent track record I probably would not have been convinced by more details until I had seen it in action. I remember a forum post hinting at the bot nuke maybe a month before it was announced (essentially it said "we have a plan to get rid of all the bots, but it's a secret plan."), but the common interpretation was that they were just playing damage control rather than saying anything I could take at face value.

Anyway, Jagex posted an update on the legal victory just yesterday. Here's what they had to say.

Quote:We’re delighted to be able to announce that we’ve finally triumphed in our 2-year legal battle with Impulse Software, the developers of the iBOT RuneScape botting software.

Their statement on their websites sums it up very nicely:

[Right here they quote the letter from the first post]

Obviously, this is a big win for us, but it’s also just one of the latest initiatives in our ongoing offensive to permanently stamp out botting and gold-farming in RuneScape. First and foremost, we’ve remained dedicated to this cause to provide you - our esteemed community - an enduringly great game, and we’ve no intention of stopping here.

We remain committed to our ongoing work to ensure that the successes of Bot Nuke Day are never undone by staying a few steps ahead in the arms race with the remaining bot developers and gold farmers. We’re already well underway with our next generation of anti-botting software called Optimus, which is going to be released shortly, and we’re also currently developing ways to remove the remaining screen-scraper bots from the game. We’ll also be continuing to fight gold-farmers on every front.

The team has been dedicated to eliminating the last of the performance issues experienced by some users since Bot Nuke Day, and we will shortly be releasing an update intended to resolve these problems. We’re also planning further improvements to game accessibility and performance in future updates this year.

Have fun!

Cheers,

Mark Gerhard
CEO & CTO
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trolled by Jagex lol Kakerrot 13 6,644 2017-03-31 21:17:13
Last Post: Kakerrot
  Survey of 120 Slayer by Jagex ChangingLane 11 7,140 2017-02-07 03:30:32