New Members' Pricing
Thread Closed 

Not posting a poll on this one, as the usual poll options don't really work with this type of update. It's more of a notice than anything. Nonetheless, feel free to post your thoughts about it!

Last year saw a number of great content updates and improvements to the game, and this was just the beginning. We have some ambitious plans for 2012, as we continue to invest more than ever before in RuneScape to add even more exciting updates and improvements to the game.

From the 1st of February 2012, we will be increasing the RuneScape membership prices for new members. The new 1 month membership price will be $7.95 in the US, £4.95 in the UK and €6.95 in the euro zone.

In appreciation of our existing members, there will be no change whatsoever to anyone who is a member before the 1st February. The price you pay now will be locked in for as long as you stay a loyal member and we will even allow a seven day grace period should you forget to renew.

If you’re a free player who was thinking about becoming a member, now is the perfect opportunity. Not only will you be able to experience all the benefits RuneScape membership offers, but you will also be able to secure the current price of $5.95/£3.50/€5.95! Simply sign up for membership before Wednesday 1st February*.

We’re also going to be making some tweaks to some payment options in order to simplify choosing a payment option. To find out more, or if you have any questions, head over to the FAQ here.

Thanks,

Daniel Clough
Vice President of RuneScape

*These prices are for one month credit card membership and will vary by territory and payment method
It's fair enough of Jagex tbh, the amount of content it offers is huge, plus it's still the cheapest game around (in terms of money spent for hours played)
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]
I think this is to make up for how much money they lost for getting rid of all bots, but it's still a great deal for what you get in Runescape.
[Image: Rarely_Lucky.png]

[Image: Rarely_Lucky.png]

[Image: spinner_big.gif]
And I still pay only $5 a month lol. Eventually the long time vets will be paying half of the new members lol.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
(2012-01-23 18:59:30)Random Dandy Wrote:  It's fair enough of Jagex tbh, the amount of content it offers is huge, plus it's still the cheapest game around (in terms of money spent for hours played)

I agree with this. A lot of other MMOs out there are much pricier to pay for per month. Sure, they have other things to offer, but after playing them for a certain amount of time, they begin to lose their fun. You reach the level cap, you have the best gear in the game, you've done all the quests and raided all the dungeons. It's just not as fun anymore. With RS, you get more hours for your money and constantly updated content. No waiting for expansion packs which cost another $50-$60 later on.
Someone gotta pay the lawyers
Wub
[Image: teamsara.png]
[Image: benfas.png]
[Image: k2o37l.jpg]
I just calculated and it has cost me 1.5p per hour of playing RS.. that is just beyond good value XD
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]
Totally reasonable, especially with the progress they made with bots

TY Jagex <3
[Image: your+ad+10.jpg]
Unfortunate that they have to raise the price, as that's a lot of what keep Runescape competitive really. Not unreasonable though, still beyond a good value.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Stern... stern but fair.

Reference
Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
[Image: EW4yt.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Festive Aura for All Members AlchemyHawk 11 7,110 2012-12-01 00:48:43
Last Post: AlchemyHawk
  Members’ Loyalty Programme – The New Batch Shay 30 37,142 2011-09-26 11:45:41
Last Post: AlchemyHawk
  Members’ Loyalty Programme – Now Available! Shay 18 21,331 2011-07-01 16:47:42
Last Post: bam191