Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
3 25.00%
4 - It's pretty good.
3 25.00%
3 - Not bad.
1 8.33%
2 - Could be better.
1 8.33%
1 - Not worth it.
1 8.33%
0 - Hate it.
2 16.67%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
1 8.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Player Armour, Gnomes and Clan Fealty
Thread Closed 

Armour Graphical Update

Our biggest equipment update yet is here! As previewed at RuneFest 2011 , and building on the improvements already seen in the Barrows update and the Troll Warzone, we’re proud to present our latest batch of graphical improvements to armour and shields. Taking into account your feedback from Runefest and the forums, everything from adamant to Zuriel’s has been spruced up to look distinct (take a look at an addy platebody next to a rune platebody), full of character and just plain amazing. Read on for full details of the gear we’ve revamped:

Melee:

White armour, including initiate and proselyte.
Black armour, including elite, trimmed, gold-trimmed and heraldic.
Mithril armour.
Adamant armour, including trimmed, gold-trimmed and heraldic.
Rune armour, including trimmed, gold-trimmed, heraldic, gilded and all god-specific variants.
Dragon armour, including trimmed, ornate and corrupt.
Torva armour.
Bandos armour.
Barbarian Assault fighter’s torso.
Warrior, Berserker and Neitiznot helms.
Varrock armour, all tiers.

Ranged:

Studded leather.
Dragonhide: green, blue, red and black, and all blessed variants.
Armadyl armour.
Robin Hood hat.
Ava’s equipment.

Magic:

Mystic robes, including light and dark variants.
Enchanted robes.
Infinity robes, including all elemental variants.
Zuriel’s equipment.

General Use/Non-specific:

Void Knight’s gear, including style-specific headgear and elite variants.
Slayer Helmet, including full variant.

We’ve made each set look more imposing as the level requirements rise, and we’ve gone out of our way to make many of the rarer variants stand out. What are you waiting for? Go and check out your bank!

Gnome on the Range

Gnome-related content is also given a fresh coat of creosote today, with a complete rework of gnome NPC models, chatheads and environments. Curved, stylised wooden architecture now pervades the Gnome Stronghold; lush, verdant topiary marks the borders of the Tree Gnome Village; and the top level of the Grand Tree really is a sight to behold, with some amazing lighting effects and a tremendous view. Each gnomish chathead and NPC model has been given a new level of detail too, so make sure to book in some face-time with these diminutive denizens of the forest.

Of course, this is all part of our ongoing efforts to overhaul the game’s look – be sure to continue giving us your feedback on RuneScape’s visuals on the forums.

Clan Fealty

Finally, we’ve made some changes to reward you stalwart clan skillers for your ongoing hard graft. Upon becoming eligible for a clan ring, you’ll also attain a Clan Fealty rank of 1, which means a 15% bonus to skilling XP earned at skill plots in your citadel from the next build tick. For each subsequent week that you earn your clan ring, you’ll gain another rank (up to 3), for a potential bonus of +45% XP! Along with extra skill lamps and a trimmed upgrade to your clan cape that improves with your rank, there’s never been a better time to get to work in your citadel.

On top of this, mining and woodcutting plots no longer degrade after a single use, and Shattered Heart rocks can now be obtained while skilling in your citadel.

The quota you’ll need to meet each week has been slightly increased across the board to reflect the additional reward, and your Fealty rank will decrease by 1 for each week that you do not meet your quota, but you can always attain it anew.

Clan admins among you also have some new tools to manage the maintenance of your citadels. It is now possible to lock out skill plots once an XP target has been met, allowing you to direct the efforts of your clan, as needed, to meet your weekly upkeep needs. It’s also possible to lock a skill plot indefinitely, until it is manually unlocked.

Enjoy!

Mod GFX, Mod Chihiro & Mod Avatar

In Other News...

The swift gloves from the Dominion Tower have had their stats improved.
The spellcaster gloves’ special attack, which sometimes activates when casting spells without a staff equipped and while wearing the gloves, has had its damage output increased.
The Dominion staff no longer has an Attack requirement.
Castle Wars now requires the player to remain in the game for at least 10 minutes to gain a reward, or for the game to count towards their total games played.
We’ve made some additions to potion flasks. Teplin Macagan is a new resident in Oo'glog who will decant potions into flasks, and will also convert 1-4 dose flasks into vials. We've also added the ability to decant 1-4 dose flasks into semi-filled vials. This can be done manually or via Teplin.

Patch notes for this update: (Click to View)
In case anyone else was wondering:

fealty (ˈfiːəltɪ)
— n , pl -ties
See homage (in feudal society) the loyalty sworn to one's lord on becoming his vassal

Seen a few glitches that they're gonna be working on over the next few weeks, but most of what I have seen looks really nice. Of the armor that I own, Black h5 armor is my favorite look. I didn't remember to check the beefed up stats on the spellcaster and swift gloves, but I guess I'll look at that later.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
I'm unable to check how the new armor looks right now, but I'm sure it looks amazing. Going to go ahead and give this update a 5/5 simply because of the new clan citadel management. It will be extremely helpful locking out skill plots once we've met our resource needs from that plot; this should control the resource waste a bit. Not only that, but now that citadel rewards give more incentive for members to collect resources, we shouldn't have so much trouble with our visitor count or meeting the resources just in time. A very excellent update for sure. Oh, and can't forget the gnomes... I'm sure they look better now, too. Will check in a few hours when I get home!

My guthix D-hide armour looks freakin amazing, love this update.
Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
[Image: EW4yt.gif]
Aside from some of the glitches and the missing updates on some of the stuff they said they updated. I'm pleased with the new looks. It was time the armor got an update since pretty much everything has looked the same since I started playing back in 2005. Only complaint I do have is they could have done a better job on the Armor for the female players. Most of the armor still looks pretty masculine which I am not a fan of. I'm going to miss the old look of my Arma, the new looks is pretty bad ass though I just liked how Girly it was.
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
Awesome update inside and out. 5/5, new armour looks awesome, new clan citadel management is really really nice, and some new little Gnomes are never a bad thing.

And we're only a week in!
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Most of the armour I have seen looks pretty amazing, very happy with that! Only one I saw so far I didn't like was the Fighter Torso, which kinda sucks since that is what I slay in, but oh well. XD

Citadel looks awesome, hopefully more worth it now. Biggrin

Gnome I have been too yet, but I love all their graphical updates, so I am sure I will love this one too.

5/5 for sure! Wub
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

I have been an arma lover since I was about lvl 50 cmb and i worked my ass off to buy my first set - words cant explain how disgusted I am with this update, nearly 4 yrs now of wearing arma and I just sold it because it's repulsive - glad im having a break from the game atm =/
Never been one for aesthetics (sp?), which is why I play Runescape in the first place, so it doesnt really effect me at all.
Everything just kinda looks the same in the bank, which makes it kind of confusing, but oh well.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
The clan fealty section of the update I found to be really useful, other then the possible bugs with it where some people aren't actually getting the tier 1 fealty though. It'll definitely be useful for our admins to place the resources we need correctly and I am LOVING that I get strange rocks from it. It means I am now getting two things done at once, which is always very nice ^^ (Plus the ease of woodcutting and mining making it nicer Tongue)

I have yet to go to gnome stronghold myself, but from the pictures I've checked out it looks amazing. A lot more busy and exactly what you'd think of such a mystical place, I'll have to get used to it all. Plus the npc's apparantly blink, so I'll check out that minor detail as well XD

Finally the armour's looks great, I'll admit I preferred some armours before. Such as armadyl for females before, but most of the gear definitely needed an update. The god armours look siiick, especially the shields with their specific designs to relate to their individual gods. I have to check out my black h5(?) armour in my poh, since I wear that whilst pp'ing. Most of my gear that I wear hasn't been updated unfortunately lol, except from the dragon boots and neitznot helmet. Ah wells, it's nice to look at on others I guess.

Gave the update a 4/5 simply because of the bugs (Some gear doesn't show the updated design when worn, the black chain doesn't show your chest when worn. the fealty tiers isn't working or is a little confusing this week anyway for example).
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Solomon's Store] Retro Armour – Barrows Ava 0 2,735 2014-12-09 01:30:12
Last Post: Ava
  Clan Cup Results Ava 3 3,705 2014-11-09 16:56:36
Last Post: Dreggstar
  New Clan Outfit - Good way to start off a new clan Entenzu 8 5,957 2014-10-06 08:10:45
Last Post: Bowlinmaster
  Which Elf Clan Do You Belong In? Ava 13 12,037 2014-09-18 18:36:17
Last Post: Lee-onardo
  Clan cup [Please read] Joseph 7 5,831 2014-08-16 20:24:51
Last Post: Jayce