RSC Data-base Intrusion
Thread Closed 

I know some of you have accounts on RSC (Zybez Forums) and their data base were invaded as you can check here http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1550666-rs...ompromise/

Make sure you change your passwords
Who has their RS pass the same as a pass elsewhere that has something to do with RS?
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
The encryption IPB uses is incredibly difficult to translate. I highly doubt the individuals that managed to compromise our system would take the time to translate MD5 into your password.

Also the fact that you're not a person of rank would lead to myself believing that you'd hardly be at any risk. Nether less changing your password for Curse would be a handy idea.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
Ever since they merged the sites and forums everything got confusing for me and I have pretty much stopped using Zybez, I used to use the achievements section all the time (and I had pretty successful achievements thread).

I wonder if this is how I got hacked, if it is, well then too late already. :x
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2012-03-07 04:14:22)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  I wonder if this is how I got hacked, if it is, well then too late already. :x

No.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
(2012-03-07 02:22:18)ReturnFate Wrote:  The encryption IPB uses is incredibly difficult to translate. I highly doubt the individuals that managed to compromise our system would take the time to translate MD5 into your password.

Also the fact that you're not a person of rank would lead to myself believing that you'd hardly be at any risk. Nether less changing your password for Curse would be a handy idea.

In W13's post he also suggested people change their passwords - Kniight is only trying to help.

Quote:As for the stolen data, the encrypted password is actually the least valuable part of the equation. It is unlikely that they will be able to translate the data into the actual characters of your password. Nonetheless, we will ask you that you take the precaution of updating your password at this time. Please be certain to use a strong and unique password. If your RSC password is used on other websites, update those as well.

(2012-03-07 04:50:59)Meg Wrote:  
(2012-03-07 02:22:18)ReturnFate Wrote:  The encryption IPB uses is incredibly difficult to translate. I highly doubt the individuals that managed to compromise our system would take the time to translate MD5 into your password.

In W13's post he also suggested people change their passwords - Kniight is only trying to help.

Quote:As for the stolen data, the encrypted password is actually the least valuable part of the equation. It is unlikely that they will be able to translate the data into the actual characters of your password. Nonetheless, we will ask you that you take the precaution of updating your password at this time. Please be certain to use a strong and unique password. If your RSC password is used on other websites, update those as well.

Thanks Meg, only reason of posting this here was to alert people since I know some of you have RSC accounts and someone told me that at HLF many people were hacked.