Need some opinions :)
Thread Closed 

Alright... I am kind of stuck as to what I want to do so I'm going to explain my dilemma that is going through my mind and all I ask is your honest opinion, don't be afraid to just tell me whatever you're thinking smile

My biggest dilemma is I don't know if I should work on my experience goals while I still have skills that are not 99. I still want to eventually get 99 in every skill but the skills I have left are skills I don't really enjoy training or skills I just get really bored of after a few days of training. It just doesn't seem quite right to train skills that are 99, on the other hand, I see it as either way I go I am finishing a goal. For all skills that already have reached 99 my current goal is 20m experience for each of them.

I still will train skills that aren't 99 but at the same time I'd be spending some of my training time on skills that already hit 99. It's not like I'd just go WC for 20m than FM for 20m and not train mining or hunter. I'd just spend a few days WCing than a few days mining.. etc.

So, what is your take on this? Have you felt the same way when training your skills? Basically, what do you think?

Thanks in advance, I look forward to some good discussion about the matter. smile
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
I used to feel like it was a waste training skills past 99 because I wanted to max out ASAP, and I still want to max out, but I figured out it was best to train skills past 99 if you feel like it.
Basically I train a skill when I feel like it, and I don't pay attention to if it is 99 or not, which leads me to training both sets. I find it very fun to have lots of option. smile

I think this is the best way to play, not to force yourself to do anything, which for a lot of people becomes frustrating and than they lose motivation. So basically, train whatever the heck you want to! Good
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Personally I think you should work on Maxing then finish your Xp goals. That's just my opinion Wink
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
If you feel like training a skill that's at 99, I think you should go right ahead. There's no reason to keep yourself from doing what you want.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
What I'd do is swap around. Set yourself some sort of exp goal, like 2M exp in a skill over 99 and then 500k in one that isn't. Just arbitrary numbers, but that way it prevents you from getting bored as badly while still making progress. And then if you suddenly get the urge to finish off a 99, hey, all of a sudden those 5 levels you needed is only 2 or 3!

So basically what it sounds like you were already planning to do. Just don't try and think you need to rush all your skills to 99 for the sake of it. Keep everything fun.

[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Similar to Evaluate pretty much...

Usually when I'm sick of a skill, I'll set myself a goal in it (Say get 300k more in the skill) and then I'd reward myself afterward by doing something that I knew I wanted to do. Didn't always have to be changing to another skill, could be doing a clue scroll, playing a minigame for abit, or even going and making a nice meal in real life for a break. I find these little things make you push harder in the skills you don't like but want to grind away to 99 and you'll focus and want to get that 300k experience for example done quicker, so it'll go by a lot quicker.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
Much of what I wanted to say has been said already, so I'll just throw this out there: It's a game, it's meant to be enjoyed, not stressed over; do whatever you'd like to do and what makes you happy. If certain skills make you unhappy after training them for a while (I think everyone has at least 1 skill they really dislike) then do as others have said. Try taking a break and train a skill you like for a while, then go back to the other ones you don't like as much.

If one of your goals is maxing out, then you will eventually reach it. It may not be in the fastest time period, but that's okay, right? As long as you're having fun playing the game, it shouldn't matter when you max out, be it 3-6 months from now, or even a year or two. Do what you like to do. ^^
Wasn't stressing or anything, just so everyone knows :p

I've always looked at it as just a game and even bank staring instead of training afk'able skills doesn't bother me any hehe

I was just kind of curious as to what others thought on this matter and really wasn't sure if training my 99's made much sense but it seems everyone has the same idea that was already in my own head.. if it's what I feel like doing than just do it :p

I do love the idea of using smaller exp goals in a skill I feel like training. 250k-300k instead of setting a goal like 1 level, which for me being my skills are at that point, equals 500k+. That's what usually killed me, I'd be grinding away on hunter or RC or something else trying to get a level when all I really need to do is get like 250k experience.. than do something else for a bit. Thanks Wub
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
Only skill I cba with is Runecrafting lol!
Buggsy, in my opinion, your activity should be set by your heart.
Runescape should be played for enjoyment, not something that you grind and it grinds you down at the same time...

So a suggestion/opinion would be to perhaps set a day or so aside for those painful less-than-99-skills and really give them a go when a competition comes up, and concentrate on the more enjoyable skills, to maximise your runescape experience. Good
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor