Poll: Are you interested in playing Conquest with other members?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
3 30.00%
No
2 20.00%
Maybe
5 50.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Conquest
Thread Closed 

I'd like to get a Void deflector, but I'm not willing to pay someone to help boost my rank. Trying to rank up legitimately is going to be hell because apparently people can drop out after the first round or so if they think you will beat them.

Besides that, I thought the Conquest battle during whatever Void quest was pretty fun, so I'd like to actually play the game. I never really got to check it out like I wanted to.

So I was wondering if anyone else is interested in playing Conquest around here. I figure playing within the clan we can all agree to finish out the games and so we get around the issue of people quitting early.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Maybe make a custom event. Or get a leader to make it a clan event.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
That's not what I had in mind, but I do think it would make a great event. I don't see any reason why I couldn't try to make it an unofficial weekly/monthly thing if I knew where to put it. I could have sworn there used to be a forum for that.

What I intended, though, is just to get an idea of whether there are other people who would like to play casually sometimes, in the same sense that you might look for dg or boss hunting partners. I'm still curious to know if there's any interest out there. Maybe a poll is a good idea.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
I am not myself, though I am sure this would be lovely for others who are interested. Good
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

I could be enticed into a game from time to time. Grin
I'll be an easy-beat, no doubt. Blush2
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Because of the way the system works one gain is equal to another's loss.. I'd feel bad taking rank from clan members and would run away after 1 match if I felt as if I was bad at the game in comparison Tongue It's just not something which can be worked together on (unless you're purely interested in getting deflector then losing ranks in return)

I finally gave in and paid for ranks myself- was only about 200k to get from 1100-1250 and took an hour. It's a flawed system and I wish the game was more popular with legitimate players but think it is best way in the end Sad
Yeah my plans just to pay for it as well, I would vs you, but I need to get 1250 rank and don't really feel like losing ranks and having to pay more >.<
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
I originally voted maybe but I honestly had no idea you lose ranks when you lose the minigame. I've only ever done conquest for the quest and was bad at it that time so I probably wouldn't be interested because all I'd do is lose and it'd be no fun lol, sorry.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
Hi Dave,
I am definitely not good at it, I'd like to play casually and learn the game together sometime. I think once we both decided we were decent at the game, we could opt to pay for ranks or whatever and not feel totally noobish.

- Chris / Kivandien
If I don't see you in the future, I'll see you in the pasture.
[Image: Kivandien.png]
As others have said, due to the fact that people lose rank when they lose, making it a clan event would be a bad idea. As for your situation, unfortunately there's little option besides paying for it. It's a poorly made system on Jagex's part, and people take advantage of it.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.