Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
1 11.11%
4 - It's pretty good.
1 11.11%
3 - Not bad.
0 0%
2 - Could be better.
2 22.22%
1 - Not worth it.
2 22.22%
0 - Hate it.
1 11.11%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Easter 2012: Chocatrice vs Evil Chicken
Thread Closed 

I only compared quests to holiday events in the sense of duration, that it is a 1 time thing.

Sorry for not commenting on it last time? I really do not know what you mean by that post. First of all, what you posted last time makes a lot more sense and at least shows me why you think that. Your post this time was purely negative with no reasons..but I guess I should have remember your opinion from that 1 post several months ago?
No, it is not a coincidence I am giving you more flack "this time around", because I feel like you were being way too negative and over-reactive about both updates, not to mention the posts were completely different.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

I really liked this Easter Event.

A bit freaky, a bit evil, very much silly. Good

The "friends chats" I thought a nice touch as well as great use out of the "news" announcements.

I haven't checked whether the goofy rewards are storable in our Player Owned Homes but I assume so, which is perfect. Wink
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

(2012-04-04 04:02:41)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  I only compared quests to holiday events in the sense of duration, that it is a 1 time thing.

Sorry for not commenting on it last time? I really do not know what you mean by that post. First of all, what you posted last time makes a lot more sense and at least shows me why you think that. Your post this time was purely negative with no reasons..but I guess I should have remember your opinion from that 1 post several months ago?
No, it is not a coincidence I am giving you more flack "this time around", because I feel like you were being way too negative and over-reactive about both updates, not to mention the posts were completely different.

You're talking about two different updates here. What I think about one has no bearing on what I think about the other, though I do happen to think both are pretty lousy (thanks for noticing).

If you had said I was being overly negative seemingly without reason and needed to elaborate, I would have been happy to oblige. Obviously I didn't explain myself very well. But just what does the other update have to do with this?
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
You were the one who brought it up, and it doesn't really have much to do with it, except that I just get a feeling that your are being a downer (as I said before) and overly pessimistic about updates.

Also if you think quests are lousy, and that Runescape shouldn't have any quests..well than I do not see any point in arguing with you. Clearly we have different ideas about the well being of this game.

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

I brought up the other update on the other thread, not this one. But it was pretty clear your initial comments had more to do with my reaction on that. As for me being a downer, you'll see a more positive reaction out of me when I see an update I like. That does happen from time to time.

I don't know where you got the idea that I dislike quests, but you're way off. Quests at least add to the story of the game, and on top of that, many of them come with other content. These holiday events will be gone in two weeks, and then everyone will put their new items away for good and it will be like nothing happened. And the events themselves are never that great. If they were worth having, why not save them for next year so everyone else can check them out?

(2012-04-04 04:26:10)Dave Wrote:  What I think about one has no bearing on what I think about the other, though I do happen to think both are pretty lousy (thanks for noticing).
(2012-04-04 16:37:57)Dave Wrote:  I don't know where you got the idea that I dislike quests, but you're way off.
ummm what? Nice contradiction.

Actually my initial comments had very little to do with the other thread, you brought it out of nowhere..so I still do not get why you seem to think I did. I can quote it for you if you want.

Again, it is your opinion that these events are not great. It is fine to have your own opinion, but I do not see why you thinking they are boring is reason to remove them when many others enjoy them? Yes they disappear quick, but as I said earlier, I doubt they take much effort to do. They are holiday events, so obviously they happen around holidays. Also, if they stopped them, people might flame them for going back on the way the originally did things.

Quote:
(2012-04-04 04:26:10)Dave Wrote:  What I think about one has no bearing on what I think about the other, though I do happen to think both are pretty lousy (thanks for noticing).
(2012-04-04 16:37:57)Dave Wrote:  I don't know where you got the idea that I dislike quests, but you're way off.
ummm what? Nice contradiction.

That's what we call a misquote. I was referring to both of this week's updates, and not any quests. Again, no problem with quests.

Quote:Actually my initial comments had very little to do with the other thread, you brought it out of nowhere..so I still do not get why you seem to think I did. I can quote it for you if you want.

No, allow me.

(2012-04-04 03:19:54)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  I know you hate to see Jagex change..so here they are sticking to their roots.I doubt they spent months developing this too, so you will not be that deprived of your special "improving runescape" updates. Though since you said you care deeply about the well being of the game, these community type focused events help a lot. Wink

There's a lot of similarities between what I said about the other update and your comments above. Don't tell me there was no connection between the two.

Quote:Again, it is your opinion that these events are not great. It is fine to have your own opinion, but I do not see why you thinking they are boring is reason to remove them when many others enjoy them? Yes they disappear quick, but as I said earlier, I doubt they take much effort to do. They are holiday events, so obviously they happen around holidays. Also, if they stopped them, people might flame them for going back on the way the originally did things.

You say you are willing to allow me my opinion, yet you insist that I am not entitled to believe this content should not exist. You can't have it both ways.

Sorry for the misquote, I actually thought you were referring to quests in general. smile
Ok you are right, that is a little contradictory when you put it in perspective. What I was trying to say was that I believe you were being far too extreme with your opinion, but as that is my opinion also, we will get nowhere with this argument. So lets agree to disagree.

i should get around to doing this
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
Was a fun event. ^^ The egg cannon is hilarious to play tag with on voice chat. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Clan Cup 2012 Mini Kniight 12 8,312 2012-06-14 09:26:15
Last Post: Joseph
  Saturday, 28th April 2012... Kemosabe 20 11,034 2012-04-29 11:53:51
Last Post: ReturnFate
  Holly and Hawthorn (Easter 2011) Bug 16 9,090 2011-04-27 23:08:27
Last Post: xAndrew