Zarfot Returns to Lead Us to The New Ages.
Thread Closed 

I think if I may offer an alternative to the "can't say I really care what he thinks" view:

He doesn't play RuneScape anymore, I don't think he's really just in this for himself. Yes it may be increasing his fame further, but it's not like he didn't do anything to earn that fame in the first place. IMO if anything he's using it just to help those who are against SoF, which is the vast majority of people, to get as much attention as possible in an attempt to reverse this decision by Jagex. This time it is for real that some people will ACTUALLY stop playing because they hate the update so much, I am personally convinced that this is the case, and I think this is for the first time other than Free trade/wildy removal.

Here is a quote from the rules of RS:

"We don’t want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn’t affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape."

and here is a quote from a Jagex news post 9 years ago:

"We did once consider selling runescape money and items in an online shop on our own site for real cash. However we decided to sacrifice that extra revenue for the good of the game, since we felt it would devalue hard-working players achievements if another player could then just buy their way past them."

The hypocrisy and dramatic change in attitude really makes my blood boil.
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]
i agree completely that this update is absolute trash, but i'm not going to quit just because of it. However, I certainly won't be buying any spins
[Image: walterc69.png][Image: walterc69.png]
[Image: wo-bu-shi.png][Image: walterc69.png]
[Image: walterc69.png][Image: wo-bu-shi.png]
(2012-04-06 21:33:46)Walterc69 Wrote:  i agree completely that this update is absolute trash, but i'm not going to quit just because of it. However, I certainly won't be buying any spins

This is exactly how I feel!
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]
man, i'm too addicted to boycott Runescpe entirely. Couldn't we all just boycott "microtransactions" instead? No
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hati and Sköll - The Wolf Pack Returns AlchemyHawk 9 12,759 2014-01-16 21:20:31
Last Post: Rufus010