RS Terms & Conditions changed
Thread Closed 

Big Cross 
Runescape has changed some of the Terms & Conditions as of April 2nd 2012

"We reserve the right to charge you for any unauthorized use of your subscription by third parties."

The PCI-DSS "REQUIRES" that "each and every transaction to a credit card MUST be accredited by the card holder".
The Problem is, that SoF payment transactions DO NOT require this, and therefore Jagex is breaking the PCI T&C - and putting the burden of their own transgression onto their customers.

So beware and remove all associated credit cards/debit cards from accounts and notify Runescape immediately if you think your account has been compromised in anyway
[Image: Freewendy.png] [Image: x_3ba634e5-1.gif]

So it's to make people who bot pay up basically. SOF isn't to do with third parties. I would say more, but I am too tired atm to think.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
I don't think that's it. A third party would be someone besides you who shouldn't have access to your account. Besides, the ToS also contains the following:

Quote:YOU WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WE SUFFER ARISING FROM YOUR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT OR MISUSE OF A JAGEX PRODUCT.

It sure sounds to me like they're trying to dodge responsibility for unauthorized charges. I just don't see any other explanation. And if that's the case, the update to the ToS clearly shows that they're aware of the possibility and it's all the more sickening that they would go out of their way to protect themselves from liability at the expense of the customer.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
(2012-04-05 08:52:50)Dave Wrote:  I don't think that's it. A third party would be someone besides you who shouldn't have access to your account.

It sure sounds to me like they're trying to dodge responsibility for unauthorized charges. I just don't see any other explanation. And if that's the case, the update to the ToS clearly shows that they're aware of the possibility and it's all the more sickening that they would go out of their way to protect themselves from liability at the expense of the customer.

I agree with this.
Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
[Image: EW4yt.gif]
This is actually the first thing about the whole buying spins thing that bothers me.

They're covering their own ass which I understand but if their weak recovery system causes me to lose my account and in turn costs me money because of the dumb spin thing I'd be out that cash which was going to be used for rent or gas or food for my kids. Luckily I have no intention of buying spins though which as far as I understand would be the only way my cc info would have been stored... unless it's stored when you buy membership idk cuz I never paid any attention when setting it up all those years ago.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
Here's a quote from the HLF's about the security issue and the fact people can buy so much xp that might be of interest, not really relative to the initial post. However since the security issue keeps arising for people I'll post it anyway...

Quote:Hey guys,

With so many threads being made, I thought I would make one thread to put all the answers on or I would be posting the same thing on every thread.

So, the main concerns you have raised thus far start with players buying XP to level their account. The balancing team has been focused on making sure that the SoF has minimal impact. Hopefully we can get some more information on this for you over the next few days.

Others of you have asked why we didn't increase membership rather than this if we wanted more money. I'll pass this question on and see if I can get a direct answer for you on it.

There were also some calls for P-Mods to be put on the SoF.... I think they were joking.

Finally, there are some concerns about the credit card info being visible and we are getting a response together for that.

If you have any other questions, just ask them here.

Mat.
If I use paypal to pay and I will never buy spins, am in any danger of having my money being spent if my account is hacked?
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2012-04-05 12:47:33)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  If I use paypal to pay and I will never buy spins, am in any danger of having my money being spent if my account is hacked?

You can check. Pretend like you're going to buy spins, and you can see if it will remember your paypal data when choosing your payment mehod. The fact that you have never bought spins doesn't rule it out. Jagex stored my credit card info because I used it to purchase membership.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
well thats my card details removed. Using paypal from now on as it has the "buyers protection" thing.
@iWader on Twitter.
I believe you're safe with paypal. It's not even all player's that are using credit card's that have their information not hidden. For example me and James had ours hidden from what I could tell...

There's a response by Mod Luke here - http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=...74,goto,49

He goes on about how you can hide your credit card information, plus someone stated in the HLF's that hiding your details doesn't prevent your membership recurring. So that's fine as well, it just prevents any future transactions.

Hope that helps smile