Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
5 33.33%
4 - It's pretty good.
8 53.33%
3 - Not bad.
1 6.67%
2 - Could be better.
1 6.67%
1 - Not worth it.
0 0%
0 - Hate it.
0 0%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
0 0%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Dungeoneering and Shop Improvements
Thread Closed 

Dungeoneering Improvements

It takes an eclectically skilled set of adventurers to delve into Daemonheim, and having the right tool for the job at hand is essential. With this in mind, we’ve introduced some inventory management improvements for Dungeoneering, so sorting through your gear is simpler than ever.

We’ve added a tool belt to be used in Dungeoneering. It comes ready-filled with every tool a dungeon delving hero needs, including a novite pickaxe and hatchet. You’ll be able to add better pickaxes and axes that you find, create or buy as you progress, and these will stay with you in all future dungeons. What’s more, if you find a pickaxe or hatchet that you don’t have the levels for yet, feel free to add it to your tool belt – it’ll act like the highest level equivalent you can use until you’ve attained the necessary level.

Another new feature in the Dungeoneering tool belt is the 'keys' category. This holds any keys picked up by yourself or members of your party. As long as someone in your party’s picked up a key, all members of the party can access it.

Finally, gathered resources obtained in dungeons – including ore, logs and raw food - will now stack, leaving you yet more space for your gear. All stacks, including coins, can now be split with a new “Drop-X” option while Dungeoneering.

Shop UI Improvements

We’ve also overhauled the interface for in-game shops. Visually, we’ve brought the shops in line with the quality of recent interface improvements. Everything’s much clearer now, too: there’s a new full display mode, selected by default, where detailed information on the items available in the shop can be seen easily. For those who already know what they’re looking for, there’s a simplified mode that shows only the essentials (very much like the shops that veterans among you will be familiar with). This can be accessed by clicking the corresponding icon in the top right corner of the shop interface.

There’s a new 'sell mode' too, allowing you to sell items carried in your inventory through the shop interface itself. This includes clear symbols denoting whether the item in question can be sold to the shop you’re currently visiting.

New bulk buy/sell buttons (in denominations of 1, 5 and Max) now make it quick and easy to change the number of items you wish to trade, before confirming and completing your transaction.

Finally, we’ve standardised the prices across NPC shops, so they no longer vary in accordance with current stock levels.

Mod Avatar & Mod Moltare

In Other News

Crafting battlestaves, fishing rocktail in the Living Rock Caverns, and using spinning wheels can now yield a Shattered Heart strange rock.
A message is now displayed when XP is gained in a 10th skill after the activation of the Jack of Trades aura.
A message is now displayed once a player's special attack energy reaches 50% and 100%.
Vampyric names earned during The Branches of Darkmeyer can now be changed, once the quest is complete, by speaking to Vanescula.

Patch notes for this update: (Click to View)
Voted a 4, this seems like a nice update, will definitely be nice for Dungeoneering.
Shops do not affect me much, but tbh the interface looks more confusing than it used to be lol.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

200/5 here for making the penance horn show % instead of saying its about fraction full. And now primal tools in dg aren't pointless to get since you can store em lol. And the key update has made 5 man rushes even more ridiculously fast lol.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
The dungeoneering update is an overall improvement. As someone who mostly just solos I like the added inventory space from keys and stackable raw materials, but I find it more difficult not being able to look at my inventory and see what keys I have. I think key info should have been put in the squeal menu, which is unused during dungeoneering.

The new shop interface looks more complicated now than I'd like it to be. I only got a brief look, but the developers need to remember that shops are used by everyone, and new features are not necessarily a good thing if it complicates things for new/inexperienced players. The good news is that if you're used to the old shops you can ignore the extra stuff and use the new menu just like you did before the update.

I also don't want to see a warning message every day when I spend 560k on battlestaves. I can understand you might want a warning for someone who accidentally selected buy-all on spirit shard packs, but there shouldn't be a warning except in those extreme cases. 1m is probably a good amount. I can't immediately think of a regular occurence where one might spend more than that in one transaction.

There are a lot of good patches this week. I'm not going to bother to name them all, but my favorite is the scroll of life update. I can't count how many times I had to go back because I wasn't sure if I planted a seed or not.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Mod Reach has stated on the HLF's as well as I'm sure it's been mentioned in the general forums somewhere that they're planning to fix up the Key's for dungeoneering to be more accessible so that you can view them even when in combat again. The biggest suggestion I've seen from everywhere is to make a separate inventory space for where the SoF's tab usually is that shows the keys. It's just in the process of getting developed, but hopefully will be here by the end of the month.

Even with that though, dungeoneering has been made a lot quicker, so I've given the update a 4/5. Everything I can see is a plus, I accidentally bought too many bek bolts pieces for the blood trees the other day and I had to sell back 50 at a time which was heaps slow plus I lost a little bit of cash. The update has fixed up this sort of thing since you can just have the item selected and spam the sell button, also making it quicker.

Newer players imo won't struggle for too long with this concept, it's not really something that you have to spend very long to wrap your head around and considering everything in Runescape that newer players have to get used to, I wouldn't be too worried about that.

Everything else I could talk about in the update is pretty obvious why they're good, I can't really think where I'd use the typing of "Y" or "N" to destroy items instead of just clicking either of the two buttons instead, but it's nice to have the addition of using the keyboard to select options more often now anyway. Hopefully they can add it for things such as fletching where you could click the 'Enter' button instead or something. Just a thought.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
Nothing to interesting for me personally, not yet anyways since I don't train DG. I can see how nice those updates will be when I do start training it though. Gave it 3/5 overall smile
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
A strange and rare feeling is coming over me... Shok

I ... feel... like... dungeoneering! Grin
If only to load up some promethium tools in my toolbelt. Tongue
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Anything that speeds up Dungeoneering for the masses is excellent by me. A lot of smaller updates here but they're all useful (percentage of penance horn, shattered heart tweaks).

4/5 just be because it's relatively light but still quality.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Flipping is back, what else do you need.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
Did one floor. Was a lot easier and faster. Maybe too fast, cause I died cause I didnt loot enough food lol. But if they make a separate key tab, id like it even more.
Shops dont bother me. Dont really use them much.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Summer Special & D&D Improvements and Death Rework Shawn 9 7,961 2015-05-27 20:03:54
Last Post: Myster Q
  [Update] Bonus XP Swap Shop Ava 1 2,409 2014-09-29 21:18:55
Last Post: Debs
  Master Skillcapes & Combat Improvements Bowlinmaster 9 6,672 2014-04-30 10:08:09
Last Post: Destriant
  Looking for a dungeoneering party/partner Exciled 9 6,930 2014-01-20 19:02:06
Last Post: Rufus010
  Dungeoneering team Linspire 0 2,020 2013-07-31 13:20:06
Last Post: Linspire